collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunfading Greeks  (Read 316 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Sunfading Greeks
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
So, I was wondering if anyone has attempted to sunfade a Greek. 

I have a Starshine and she's pretty, well, uhm, creamy.  She's very beautiful, but I was curious how well they sunfade.  Basically, I would want to just give her a peroxide sunfade for two days at maximum, while the sunlight here in Florida is still somewhat gentle.  I mean, don't get me wrong, a yellowed pony who can take some crazy UV's is a good thing here and what not, but with a nirvana, I'd like for it to be as gentle as possible so not to burn her.  I've had some really good results so far, my Honeycomb bait came out bright white even if she still has some pink marks on her, and she also had some cancer spots, but those went bye-bye on her. 

I have a Sugarberry I'm about to bring up, but she still needs a few spots sunfaded out, so maybe all of a day left on her. 

I'm also going to try my German Starshine.  I've heard a mix bag on that, but I may try her on an overcast day, but I haven't really heard much about the Greeks! 

Please help! 

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Sunfading Greeks
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:58:59 AM »
My Greek Starshine is creamy coloured too, but I've never tried to sun fade her or any other Greek pony so I've no idea how she'd react.

I have had success sun fading a German Starshine :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »
And now I am having success with German Starshine!

It's overcast today, so I put her out in a very light peroxide solution.  Checked her and some of the splotching she had around her symbols ( which were actually darker than her symbols ) are nearly gone!  She's still creamy colored, but at least some of the splotching is already gone!

Hopefully someone has tried. . .?  Will wait and see!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
i hope some one knows as I was keen to try and fade out some marks on one off mine. I do think all the white greeks are really cream in colour

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 05:19:10 AM »
i hope some one knows as I was keen to try and fade out some marks on one off mine. I do think all the white greeks are really cream in colour

Me too. I think they all have a bit of an off white tone to them rather than being startling toothpaste commercial white. I have seen plenty of Skydancers who look white but when compared suddenly look a little off white in colour.

As long as the pony is not prone to age marks then sun fading is always worth a go. And even if its prone to age marks keeping an eye on it is the key rather then not trying at all. Personally I would go with just sunlight rather than adding hydrogen peroxide to the mix but that's a personal opinion and just because for expensive ponies I would rather it simply take longer to reach the goal than take an risks at all with chemicals. I have sun faded marks off Greek Parasol and Sundancer in the past with no issues so I would think you should be fine.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »
Thanks cat :  )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal