collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about the Venezuelan ponies?  (Read 17502 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
How do you feel about the Venezuelan ponies?
« on: February 04, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »

How in the world were they undiscovered for so long?

I joined the MLP community late, meaning that when I became a member here, basically every foreign pony had already been discovered. Or so I thought. I always imagined how AMAZING it would be if new G1 ponies were discovered. I expected to totally get into the Venezuelan discovery, but I'm being a little blase about it, and I don't know why.

What are your thoughts on them?

(Feel free to try to win me over with pics, too. I'm easily swayed.)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: How do you feel about the Venezuelan ponies?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »
Well I for one think they are really beautiful.. While all the other south american ponies have hair that is prone to frizzing, they actually seem to have silky long beauiful hair that over time does not frizz up . They have beautiful unique eyes and quite unique feel to their bodies. Colombians are rubbery but these venezuelans have a plastic-like texture

I have had two unknown medleys in my collection for many years and its so nice to at last know where they come from.I think new discoveries are what makes pony collecting so fun. If all the ponies out there had already been discovered I think the aspect of collecting would me a lot more stagnant.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:45:32 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
if you think about it, the past 2 years have actually been BIG for G1 MLP collecting:  the Colombians were found, Takara MIBs showed up, Venezuela MLPs show up, first loose, then some MIP ones...I think a lot of it is because collecting MLPs is becoming a more 'accepted' hobby, so people who sell collectables are looking for them more then they used to. 

But on the other hand, these new things are being found by *sellers* for the most part, not collectors, so it's a little distant.  Instead of a squeeling post of 'OMG!!! G1 FROM _____!!?' in the Brags or the Nirvana boards, stuff is showing up with 'what will you give me for it?' And that kind of puts a damper on the joy, I think.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »
I'm angry at me because at least 5 years ago I usually to check a lot ML (Mercado Libre) in all countries to just drool at ponies...

There I met the Colombians (before they popped up in eBay...  asked if they sell overseas, said yes, asked how much shipping was... never received an answer, and they were taken down from ML, and then forgot about them until they pop up on eBay...  I recognized them due to one Bow Tie.

Now, how I feel about them?
That I love them!  That means there must be still a lot of unknown ponies over there!

But that's also something that puts me down...  I want to have at least one pony from each country they were made / were exclusive to, but now, I'm afraid I'll never complete this goal ;_;

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
Unfortunately these kinds of greedy endevours happen no matter what time frame you are talking about.
I remember when I was 14 I got greek blue baby glory MIP for $80 .. Now the greek sellers find the MIE ponies and are asking $2500 for them.
Everybody knows about them now and it is not as fun to find them or buy them. But I love them anyways regardless. Just goes with the nirvana territory I guess
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »
I'm angry at me because at least 5 years ago I usually to check a lot ML (Mercado Libre) in all countries to just drool at ponies...

There I met the Colombians (before they popped up in eBay...  asked if they sell overseas, said yes, asked how much shipping was... never received an answer, and they were taken down from ML, and then forgot about them until they pop up on eBay...  I recognized them due to one Bow Tie.

Now, how I feel about them?
That I love them!  That means there must be still a lot of unknown ponies over there!

But that's also something that puts me down...  I want to have at least one pony from each country they were made / were exclusive to, but now, I'm afraid I'll never complete this goal ;_;

This seems to be my goal at the moment too. Figured it was definitely possible, until Venezuela....
All of them seem to go for so much, but they're absolutely gorgeous. Like Ember said, the hair is unlike any other South American country. It's flawless and they look so clean and beautiful. The eyes are absolutely wonderful as well. Maybe now that so many people that owned them are realizing there's a huge market for them, once in a while a cheap one will slip through. At least that's what I'm hoping.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
For me, the Ven ponies aren't really any more or less fascinating than other SA ponies.  I want them because I want one of everything MLP under the sun.  But I can think of other SA ponies that are prettier in my opinion (Brazil peg Truly and rearing pose Milky Way, for example).  I do like the dual mane color on Glacia's Ven Lickety, though; very pretty and unique.  But now that some Ven sellers have realized that there's a market for the ponies in America, I think we'll be seeing more of them here.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 02:49:58 AM »
they are so bright in color, i love them! :) but i will never ever can afford one :P
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 05:02:09 AM »
I always find it amazing that new ponies are being found after nearly 30 years and its exciting to wonder what treasure may be hiding around the corner....  I love the unique features of the Venezuelan ponies, the beautiful bright colours combos and unusual eyes.  Its as close as we may get to new release G1's so I love seeing the new ones show up... 
I was lucky enough to get an unfinished Firefly and although bald he is a very special part of my collection!  I would LOVE a fully haired one and I am so in love with the pink Firefly!  Ahhhh maybe one day....   
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 05:13:38 AM »
I love that we're still learning about Nirvana ponies - that's actually what makes me so interested in variant ponies to begin with. There's a special thrill with seeing something new, or finding something out that you no longer get with most of the general G1 line once you've been collecting a while. It's a way of keeping the magic alive :)

It doesn't surprise me unduly we're still finding out about both Colombians and Venuzuelans - as Ember1 mentioned, there have been a few around for years, we just didn't know! It is unfortunate that it's usually sellers that find them, but in a lot of cases,  if it wasn't them, we wouldn't find them at all, or certainly not as much, so it does make them more accessible (and when there are more, prices tend to drop).

I would love to own one at some point, particularly a Tootsie, but I'll have to wait until the prices drop a bit I think, or until I have some extra money!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Aeithales

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
I definitely enjoy looking at them! As for buying any? I am not sure... When I first saw the Colombians, for instance, I was mesmerized! As I could not afford any more ponies, I had to reject the idea. Nowadays, I would still like to buy one, but I can also live without... I am sure we will see a lot more Venezuelans, so, patience is probably the best advice. We need to see what's out there before making up our minds we "need" one particular pony!

As for prices? That's up to the buyers...

Thank you for my siggie, TwilightWhispers!!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »
Would anyone care to share some pics of the Venezuelans?

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »

:lovey:

I only have my one Venezuelan, but I'd love to own more. I absolutely love seeing familiar ponies in brand new color schemes, like with Colombian ponies :)  That's where the fun is for me. For instance that blue Cotton Candy or the yellow/blue Blossom are ones I'd love to have.

As for their prices, I do think they'll drop eventually as more show up, just like the Colombian prices did :good: But since they're still very new, it could be a while.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:45 AM »
Thank you, Glacia. That's actually the only Venezuelan that I have reserved to memory! haha.

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »

Here you go. Just look at that soft silky hair...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal