collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Face Book Person! Warning!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Face Book Person! Warning!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »
Every time you post on that Facebook group, she asks about ponies for sale and where are you. She posted repeatedly "I have money, I want to buy ponies!"
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »
She is still in that group? Or is she in a different one?

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 02:36:50 AM »
She "has money", but wants to "get ponies" while keeping the money ;)

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 06:06:06 PM »
She is still in that group? Or is she in a different one?
She has been removed from the group My Little Ponies - Extras for sale
If you guys have any issues with people from within the group, please feel free to drop me or any of the other mod/admin a message and we'll sort it out as soon as we can, as we all know how terrible situations like this can be to deal with. I am very sorry you, and the others, had to go through this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
Hello, sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I have just had a friend request on FB from this person, this was preceeded by her messaging me saying she was the sister on one "Sara Harvey" and asking if I had any ponies for sale.  Sara has been very active on FB pages responding to every post with questions asking for ponies for sale particularly boys and babies.  She claims that she is buying for her daughter, which seems to check out ok, I did sell her a number of G3 ponies and the transaction went very well, she paid by postal order and seemed happy for me to cash it in before I shipped.

So far so good....but I remembered this thread about Vicky Flicker and something about the way they are being kinda pushy trying to snap up all the ponies just doesn't sit right...

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »
Vicky Recently tried to buy ponies from me but offered me prices ridiculously lower than my set price (£2 per G3 all good condition). She wanted to pay £50 for 28 ponies a show stable and a dream castle. I reminded her that i charge £2 per pony so for 28 ponies it should be £56 but I was happy to do it for £50, but that the Dream Castle and Show Stable I wanted to take offers on. She told me that was too much to ask and I asked what she would like to pay per pony. She said between 50p and £1 which is far to low compered to my original price I think -.-

I had some minor trouble with Sara but nothing that set off any alarm bells. Once again I was informed that I was asking too much for the ponies, she didn't send payment when she was due too and kept changing her mind about the order. In the end I cancelled the sale and sold the ponies to somebody else after she failed to contact me for quite a few days even though she remained active on the pages.

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »
I have sold to Sara Harvey, she paid by postal order and at first I was a little hesitant but it all went fine. She even paid a bit extra for postage which she didn't have to do. However I have been told that Vicky is notorious for not paying for items.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
Glad i dont really do Facebook this girl sounds like a pain in the backside

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

tinyblondie

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »
I'm glad to hear Sara is usually a good buyer, perhaps I just caught her at a bad time

lisey_baby

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 06:40:09 AM »
Oh no, not again. She's been kicked out of a group I admin for being a time waster etc. We kept denying her requests to join and she tried to add me as a friend and sent me a pm asking to add her. I'm sorry to hear she's been trouble in other places :(. I know people have had weird dealings with her in RL too :/

Albirdy

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
Hi all!

I was given a link to this thread on FB, and I just wanted to share my story with you.
***DO NOT TRADE OR SELL WITH VICKY FLICKER***
I was in her group, "Vickys My Little Pony and vintage selling site", which now is changed to "pony", where I was seeking ponies. She had a couple of ponies I was interested in, so we decided to trade. She sent me a friend request and we exchanged photos of the ponies we were about to trade. Everything seemed fine, she seemed quite nice really, and I sent her the ponies (which were worth about £25 + £9 shipping).
Shortly after another member, Claire, sent me a pm about Vicky being a scammer. I got this really bad gut feeling, but I stayed in contact with Vicky, pretending like I didn't know anything. After a couple of days of silence I would send her a message, but then I found out she blocked me. I couldn't sent her messages anymore or see her profile.
After that I realised the sad truth: I was never gonna see any ponies EVER. I wrote a warning in her group, and a few people saw it, but a few hours later she blocked me from the group, my warning was gone, and instead she wrote a post about ME being the liar (I saw that because Claire sent me a screenshot), and the one who scammed her. I am a very honest person and would never do such a horrible thing!!

So this is just another warning to everyone.. Vicky Flicker is still very active, and she is a SCAMMER! Again, DO NOT TRADE WITH HER! I lost both ponies and money, I wouldn't want this to happen for anyone else.

And thank you guys from the group on FB for the support! I appreciate it so much! xx

Best, Alberte  :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 04:01:11 AM »
Urgh, thanks for the heads up. I'm so, so glad I don't do any pony dealings outside of the arena anymore, especially not on facebook. My Facebook is private for a reason, and I don't put pony things on there, since I don't want some nutter contacting me and scamming me or something crazy. Just glad this has been put up, now I know to stay well away!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »
Oh my gosh!! I am sorry to hear that others have been having to deal with her! How do these people get away with it all!!???

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
So sorry to hear that story, Albirdy! :(

Facebook is just a notorious bad idea when it comes to buying/selling. It's just too easy for information to be permanently erased on FB, which leaves no trail of information for us to follow. And there's no repercussions, no 'bad feedback' really, that can be left.

I just recently joined my first FB buy/trade group and arranged a trade with one person, but after I went out and bought the item she wanted and sent her a photo, she told me she changed her mind and didn't want to do the trade. So now I have a toy I can't use. Burned once is enough for me, I won't be doing any more transactions on FB.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal