collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93704 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1155 on: November 13, 2023, 06:56:48 AM »
oh no @HOM :hug: get better soon. @BC congrats on losing weight :)

i still don't feel well. at least i only have 5 days to go until i'm off for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 13, 2023, 03:52:06 PM »
I'm still not feeling well either, but I seem to be doing a little better. 

I really hope everything's sorted out with my monthly shot.  I was assured last month that everything was fine and given a computer print out that the office told me was the new referral. I usually get a paper copy in the mail also, but nothing's arrived yet.  That being said, there's a lot of things that people have claimed they've mailed that haven't arrived.  The office also told me that they go directly to the insurance company and not through the primary care physician, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 13, 2023, 06:37:01 PM »
Thanks everyone! :hug:
Yes, this will go away with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs, rest and hot drinks.. hopefully soon! :huh: I'm just afraid that my side/chest pain will come back.. I'm trying not to cough too hard. It's now flu season in Finland, and especially covid has congested hospitals and the availability of vaccinations. :pout:

Many hugs to everyone who also suffers from the flu/covid and other health problems! :heart: :hug: :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 13, 2023, 07:18:55 PM »
I asked my mom if she needed to go to the store and she said no even though we're running low on some things.  Later she said she didn't have everything she thought she did on hand for the evening meal.  Instead we ended up eating some leftover stuff that she didn't cook right the first time.  It wasn't that good the first time and she refused to throw it out and start over.  I know I sound ungrateful. I don't mean to but I'm so tired of just having to go along with whatever my parents want or being ignored when I do try to express my opinion about something. :(

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1159 on: November 14, 2023, 03:09:03 AM »
A urine sample analyzis costs 650 sek! I was not told this before hand. Remove the zero and you have the dollar. Or close to it. Yikes! And we needed it!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 14, 2023, 05:49:53 AM »
A urine sample analyzis costs 650 sek! I was not told this before hand. Remove the zero and you have the dollar. Or close to it. Yikes! And we needed it!
Good grief! Vets always cost an arm and a leg. At one point, I was paying $119 per month on valley fever testing for my dog (not to mention $$ prescription dog food and meds) so I can sympathize! I hope he gets well soon.
And everyone else too. Healing vibes all around.  :heart: :glitter:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1161 on: November 14, 2023, 06:46:56 AM »
Wow. I don't know why dog and cat vets are so expensive. I used to believe that if you couldn't afford the vet for your animal, you shouldn't have one. But after falling on hard times myself I don't feel that way anymore. Sometimes when you don't have anything else is when you need a pet the most.

edit, later: This isn't really a complaint, just an observation. There were two dudes on my balcony talking in spanish. They're with the construction crew that's doing repairs. I think they were looking for damage? It was just super weird to see a bright orange shirt out my window.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 08:09:27 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1162 on: November 14, 2023, 08:38:00 AM »
a lot of veterinary practices were bought up by private equity in the US. it's driven up prices a lot. also, there are a lot more treatments available for pets now that just weren't available 20 years ago. which is good but expensive.

my complaint today is just that i'm in a general bad mood. the doom and gloom is taking over today. i think i need to get out of the house but i still don't feel well enough.

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 14, 2023, 04:23:15 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in WYP, but for now I guess I will post it here.

I have a display cabinet (I'm not talking about the Detolf from Ikea)  My dad plugged in the display cabinet light and turned it on.  I thought I turned it off, but I guess he turned it back on again. My mom and I started to smell something buring, but we couldn't figure out what it was.  I asked her if maybe the smell was coming from the outside, but she checked and said no.  One of my Barbie boxes was up against the light (because we haven't used the light in the display cabinet for years) and the heat from the light was burning through the box.  The box was 3 layers and the top 2 layers have holes in them.  The layer containing the doll was scorched a bit, but the doll wasn't harmed.  There were still glowing embers on the box when my mom found it. 

I'm glad my mom found it in time. It could have been a lot worse then just one doll box being damaged.  I'm torn between wanting to scream at my dad and not. I know he'd never do anything to my stuff like that on purpose and he feels bad enough as it is.  He didn't realize the light would be that hot. 

I saw the dr today.  I have bronchitis again. :(   My mom has strep throat.  I accidentally grabbed her drink by mistake and took a couple of sips before I realized what I was doing.  I'm hoping since I already had to start antibiotics that if I do get it, that will help clear it up.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1164 on: November 14, 2023, 04:43:35 PM »
That's so scary! I'm so glad your mom found it before it started a fire.

:hug: to everyone dealing with illness

My current complaint, the rain smells like fish.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 15, 2023, 04:59:12 AM »
We have around five different vet practises in town and two more outside of it, so one would think the prices would be resonable.. or maybe they are? I don't know. Anywhow.. as rushed as it was for them to get it, they're slow with the result. No word yet.

Todays complaint:

We have no water! I have one glass off water, a small amount in the kettle, but not enough to boil and we have the cats three bowls and thats it.. and our dishwasher is running.. so we probably need to redo that one. The landlord said it was an emergency pipe break in one of the units, but no info was sent to us, I had to call. My friend/neighbour is out as well. We can't cook our lunch! I have no estimate either, only that it will be fixed fast.

John has gotten my cold! In the end he, the brave hero, succumbed and is feeling awful, he's even coughing. I feel like he deserved it because:

I was napping and hubby woke me up asking if I was gonna sleep the entire day. When I said I wanted to but apparently wasn't allowed to he said I was allowed. But I got up because, as I said to him, if I was allowed, he would not have woken me. I am GRUMPY! And I want a cup of tea.

Ponyfan how scary! I'm glad it didn't get any worse :hug:

HoM I hoe you'll feel better soon.

BC fun with strangers on the balcony.. did anyone look good?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1166 on: November 15, 2023, 05:16:40 AM »
Men are so dumb sometimes, aren't they? Sorry your water is out! That sucks.

They're here again today, the dudes who were on my balcony. One is okay looking, rugged handsome type.

It doesn't smell like fish anymore, thankfully. Ick. This morning my complaint is my lack of sleep. I sleep on and off for small amounts but I didn't really sleep until 4am and I got up at 7. It's still dreary outside so good napping weather.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 15, 2023, 09:06:33 AM »
when my mom tells me my cousin used to have an MPP...

...but they dont know where she went :sad:

Men are so dumb sometimes, aren't they? Sorry your water is out! That sucks.
yes, i can confirm this- sincerely, a man  :P

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 15, 2023, 10:29:24 AM »
Thanks, oh, they are! I love him, but I have no idea how he thinks sometimes.

I went out to the outdoor storage to ckeck on my bike to see if the tires needed be filled after standing still for so long and the front tire was flat! I have no idea if it's punctured or if the air just leaked out. It had to have happened just a few days after we got the tires changed. When looking at it, it looks like the valve was put in upside down! I hope that was the issue. I prefer the electric bike when being out on the road in the early AMs so I hope the tired stays filled now. I hate the place we got these bikes from more and more, the incomepetence and lack of customer service is staggering.

cowboypossum, lol at the man comment. But what is MPP?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 15, 2023, 02:25:29 PM »
Thanks BC and Beldarana. :hug:

Here's a picture of the box.  This is actually the lid and back part of the box.
The inner part of the box has a burn mark, but it didn't eat through that layer.

I was going to put the box back together but it still smells like smoke really bad.

I even asked on Facebook if anyone might have a spare box I could use, but so far I haven't had any luck.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal