collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony purchase regrets?  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pony purchase regrets?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 06:34:23 PM »
About 6 years ago I passed up a MOC Moondancer for $25.  I was in college and didn't have a lot of spare cash and would have had to drive an hour to get her.  Kicking myself for not getting her now!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »
I regret not buying the drawstring bag that was exclusive to toys r us with Zecora and vinyl scratch on it. I kept putting it off thinking it would be in stores later, instead they disappeared right before Christmas and haven't been seen since.:(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 03:32:21 AM »
So far, I have three situations that I kick myself over everytime I think about them...

First one: I once saw an auction on Ebay for G1 Music Time and MLP Tales Patch for £7. I didn't want to bid because I wanted to save money but I watched it all end and there were no bids. The next time I saw the same auction it went up and so it was too expensive for me. D'oh !!

Second one: Another auction on Ebay, but this time it was for G1 Hair-do Beautiful Bows. I had a bid war at the very end and I lost... for 50p. 50p !!! Dang it. I just wanted to punch someone when it happened !

Third one: When I was in Portugal on holidays, I went to a supermarket near home and I saw they had ponies. I wasn't into G4 yet and I had no idea what they were all about, so I found them quite weird. My mother asked me if I wanted any, but I said no since I didn't want her to spend any money on them. This being said, I now realize I passed my only chance on getting Fluttershy/Daisy Dreams pack for a decent price... Gaaaahhh !!!

Offline Shorelines

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 06:06:58 AM »
There was an acution with buy now, with both baby diamond and baby safire.... the  price?
less than 8$ if i remeber right, did i buy it? No.....
And 20 min later when i came back it was sold.  :mad:

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 06:22:19 AM »
I saw FS Rarity in a shop near me once, but didnt buy it. Ofcourse I have never seen her after that.

Aaand.. I just bought a lot of ponies, I dont even want to say the price, but it was too much. There were some really nice ponies I didnt have yet, but.. I guess I went a bit crazy. I feel kinda guilty for spending so much money on ponies, but I try to think that I will sell some of them anyway, so I get some of the money back anyway..  :lookround:

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »
That last one sounds like me Evelynea! Although I'm always picking up ponies I need, once a year in the spring I go on a pony buying spree (my friends have actually named it 'Pony Carnage'). I. Go. Crazy.

Hopefully I can hold out until July so that 'Pony Carnage' happens at the fair!!

:biggrin:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
My husband was at a convention with a woman at a table that had nothing but G1's.  She was selling at whatever price you offered. Instead of just buying them, he calls me to see if I want them. (So dumb seriously what kind of question is that?) A woman walks buy and buys the whole lot right out from under him.  It was a table full. I was so mad at him.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 08:14:35 AM »
I can kick myself for not going to Menards and buying out every Beach Belle/Caribbean Delight...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »
Ugh, there are so many stories in here that are just too painful.  It's like watching a sad movie... it makes me want to cry even though it didn't happen to me personally.  That Rapunzel story is the worst.  -_-

There was an acution with buy now, with both baby diamond and baby safire.... the  price?
less than 8$ if i remeber right, did i buy it? No.....
And 20 min later when i came back it was sold.  :mad:

Ouch.

That last one sounds like me Evelynea! Although I'm always picking up ponies I need, once a year in the spring I go on a pony buying spree (my friends have actually named it 'Pony Carnage'). I. Go. Crazy.

Hopefully I can hold out until July so that 'Pony Carnage' happens at the fair!!

LOL!!!  Pony Carnage!!!  I love it.  :P

Oh, and your story about the Jem dolls and your mom.  It makes me wanna cry a little and laugh a little at the same time.  Awww....

My husband was at a convention with a woman at a table that had nothing but G1's.  She was selling at whatever price you offered. Instead of just buying them, he calls me to see if I want them. (So dumb seriously what kind of question is that?) A woman walks buy and buys the whole lot right out from under him.  It was a table full. I was so mad at him.

Bad husband.  Bad!

-------------------

As for me, I've had some doozies, but I think the absolute worst was a Mountain Boy Tornado auction that was mislabeled as something along the lines of "Clydesdale Shire Pony" with a starting bid of 99p.  There were no bids the whole time and I was planning to wait until the last few minutes before placing my bid.  What do you suppose happened?

:zzz:

And later, when I sent the seller a message asking if she still had the pony for sale, she told me she was going to re-list it for a higher starting bid since a friend of hers told her what she had.  Nice friend, poor me.  LOL.

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2013, 04:11:18 PM »
I have had a couple eBay auctions that ended with me being outbid by a dollar...because I was asleep. Those days, it's a little painful to have overslept.  :(
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal