collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greatest Pony find?  (Read 3642 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Pony find?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 09:17:50 AM »
*80% of my collection is from local want ads or thrifts, it's all been absolutely great finds!*

Pulling Baby Schoolbag, Euro Gusty, NBBE Baby Half note out of the goodwill pay per pound bins. Dropped a gold brick that day.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »
Buzzer at the local antique mall. I never thought I’d have a winger, but here we are!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 12:19:45 PM »
I think any time I find G1 ponies at the thrift is great.  :P I guess the Buzzer, Morning Glory, Slugger, Princess Moonstone (is that her name?), and whatever else a few months ago was the best luck. I did also find a Satin n' Lace for $1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 12:55:06 PM »
found a couple dozen G3's a a thrift store once. Been buying a few G1's at another antique mall whenever i'm in town, nothing that hard to find though.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 01:21:38 AM »
My granny recently got me some free ponies from the opshop she works out, normally she brings back fakies but this time she brought back 20 g1s. Half the lot was bait material but in the nice ponies from the lot was a munchy whom has scrubbed up near perfect. That technically was my best pony haul since not a cent was paid

I have had some good eBay buys incl
Vintage sky dancer moc for $20 usd incl free postage
Baby sapphire and ring, baby dancing butterflies and school of dance playset for 25 gbp
Ice Crystal for 26 gbp
Thundercloud bin for 16 gbp
A $80 usd lot which included 2 vintage barbie horses, baby leaper, wigwam, barnacle, pink mermaid baby, Kingsley, the pink colour swirl pony and the purple flower fantasy pony. All where in perfect condition there was a couple of other ponies as well I just can't remember whom
Brazil milkyway for about $25 usd
I also got princess taffeta free, again from granny working at the opshop.

After seeing this all written down it looks like I do have some pony luck, does it help to know I have brought plenty of pony's for ridiculous amounts :p

Offline Elva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 05:03:41 AM »

edit: this just turned out to be a brag but.. Heck yeah pony finds!!
Found these guys from a local thrift shop a month ago! Sorry for the bad picture, haven't had the time to take new ones. Particularly happy about Starglow (I've wanted her since forever) and Moondream & Sunset (probably my favourite baby ponies of all time). Baby Liquorice isn't my favourite pony but of course I couldn't leave her behind, hoping to sell her to someone who needs her in their collection :P Pretty Puff has her key and "blanket", I've never seen a Secret Surprise pony in real life and oh my she's such a big girl :lol: The blue earth pony is Cherry Sweet, not fond of her but she's cute :) Beautiful Bows is stunning, even though her pearly finish has seen better days.
In conclusion finding these cuties was the best thing that has ever happened to me :lol: I paid a whopping 14 euros for the whole set, that's like 16 dollars!! Best. Day. Ever.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:06:42 AM by Elva »

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 05:28:57 AM »
The time I found a mint Diamond Dreams in a thrift store for less than $5. She was bagged with another G1 I sold too, so she was free and I made money off the sale too.

Then almost a year to the day afterward finding a 2nd DD at the same thrift store.

This past week I was also able to snag several tiny Paradise Estate accessories for free (2 forks, a comb, a cup, a perfume bottle, a plate, a bottle, and a milk carton).
Elf

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 07:25:56 AM »
Mine would be finding G2 Seabreeze at Goodwill for 99 cents. G2s as a whole are really hard to find around here (since I live in the US) so it was really nice to not just find a G2, but find the mail order G2.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 09:05:25 AM »
Most memorable: finding a five-piece G3 miniature ornament set along with a five-piece Hello Kitty set in the same bag for $3.

Personal coolest: finding my first G1, Windy, on my birthday.

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 09:23:50 AM »
It's really rare to find G1s in the wild here in Australia, it just doesn't happen very often. In the last decade of collecting, I can count on one hand the number of times I have discovered vintage ponies at carboot sales or second hand stores. I search with only the smallest hope of ever finding anything. So whenever I do find a vintage pony item, it is super memorable!

One of those finds was pretty epic. Years and years ago I was looking through the toy bins at my local charity shop. They didn't bag toys in lots back then, it was just an enormous tub of loose toys of all sizes tossed in together.  There were so many toys that I couldn't see the bottom of the barrel, and to get to the bottom it meant taking everything out and stacking the contents on the floor next to me while I searched. Made a proper mess in the process, lol.

But my persistence paid off.  To my absolute shock and delight, I found four of the six TAF babies right at the bottom. Baby Milky Way, Sweet Tooth, Sugarberry, and Love Melody. I didn't have any of them already because they were always such an expensive set. They had a little bit of play wear but were otherwise in very good condition. I almost cried with joy on the spot. Practically tore the rest of the store apart looking for the other two babies but didn't find any other pony items. I think they charged me a dollar each, which works out at about $2.00 USD. I have never gotten over that find!  That was such a lucky day  :biggrin:

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 06:42:03 PM »
Oakly! He cost me $0.00 at a thrift store. This thrift store has a little basket of toys near the counter that are free for children under the age of 12 (mostly McDonald's toys and hot wheels). Well, when I was shopping I walk past and see something that looks like a pony. I peeked inside and o h m y g o d it's Oakly. I asked the cashier if I could purchase him since I'm definitely not a child under the age of 12. She looked at me and said "no". She then said "you can keep him though". I swear I almost passed out.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:46:36 PM by BubbleTea »
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 11:13:30 PM »
It's so fun to hear everyone's stories! Starstrider, that sounds like a dream come true, I love the TAF babies.

My best finds are probably the Baby Milkyway I got on ebay for $15, the mint condition SS Paradise I found at the thrift store for $3, seriously her flocking is perfect and she is sooo white. I got a playset lot on kijiji (like craigslist) that had the nursery, show stable, pretty parlor, waterfall, all their accessories plus Dream Castle's accessories plus about 30 ponies. Back like 15 years ago I got a moc Argie for $20 or so. I've had some other nice finds at the thrift store like Merry Go Round Sparkler, Star Glow and I can't think of who else off the top of my head... oh I found a Greek Peachy for $3. In general I've had pretty good luck finding ponies in the wild but nothing crazy rare.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:20 AM »
so many nice stories! thank you for sharing everybody!

i guess my greatest ponyfind that totally took me by suprise was a green baby leafy fakie at the fleamarket!
They are super hard to find these days and i thought i never see it in person - there it was between random toys on a gray fleamarket day!
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2020, 03:42:12 PM »
I feel like I might be annoying people with constantly repeating these first two finds in these threads, but they are truly my best finds so I apologize if it's a nuisance to hear them multiple times ;u;

My best pony find of all time was the two Rosey Poseys I found at a Savers in New England for $2 each. I was about thirteen at the time and I had no idea who this pony was that I'd found, but upon getting her home and doing research and finding out she was a charity ball exclusive, I was over the moon. Mine is in mint condition with her mane and tail still in their original packaging. The following week, we went back to the same Savers and found a second Rosey Posey. This one was not in mint condition, but still...two Rosey Poseys, at $2 each, in two weeks. The second Rosey Posey belongs to my sister and since we live together, she's displayed right next to mine! <3

My second best find was probably Baby Dancing Butterflies at a thrift store along with her mom, Dancing Butterflies, when I was really young. I think, if I recall correctly, they cost $4 together. Even though I've been collecting since I was like seven or eight, I didn't know at the time that TAF babies were rare, so I'm super glad I was careful with her throughout my childhood ;u;

The next is a bit of a toss-up because they're both fairly HTF, but not super rare. I found a Baby Woolly at a thrift store for a couple dollars when I was a kid, and then just a couple years ago, found a Baby Sea Shimmer (one of the fancy mermaid babies) for about $3 at an antique store.

My best eBay finds were, recently, a Mountain Boy Sunburst for $40 and a Mexican Prince Ruby for like $15 (plush shipping).

Oh yeah, I should probably mention the Munchy I found at an antique store when I was a kid that I passed up in favor of a Furby. I still want to kick myself thinking about it ;u;

---

Gah I've really had fun reading through this thread and seeing tales of everyone's pony luck <3 Here's hoping all of us have amazing pony luck in the future as well!

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »
Personal favorite finds for me would have to be:

- About 10 G1's all in very good condition for free. A local thrift store had like two or three in a "free" box in front of their store. Out of curiosity I asked if they knew if they had anymore. One of the employees said "we just threw out a box of toys. That may have some in it." and brought me the box.

- First release of Fashion Style Applejack in great condition in a thrift store when she was still going for $40+ on Ebay. She's a LOT cheaper now but I do like the fact that I still only paid $1 for her.

-Found the first TRU-exclusive Collectors Series "Favorites" still in the box years after it was released at Goodwill for $8.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal