collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 26926 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2023, 10:47:50 AM »
I couldn't get my slim shot last week, because the drs office was out.  I was sure I was going to gain weight because I cheated a little, but I lost 3 pounds since the last time I was there.  :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #271 on: October 09, 2023, 12:25:10 PM »
BC
that makes sense... I wonder, do you know of anyone close by or a neighbor who would be willing to put it together for you? Are there any pony people in your area who would come over and talk ponies while putting it together? I'm trying to remember where you live? Midwest? I would have to look at your Profile again. I know your a great customizer so maybe showing your work would be cool to the other person.

Edit: Florida - I knew it was familiar... I'm sure there are tons of pony people in Florida or Georgia who want to take a day trip. and would to help out a fellow pony friend.  (I'm just trying to brainstorm Ideas for ya)

Ponyfan: Great job at losing 3 extra pounds  :cheer: I need to catch up to you lol! I'm still far behind  :blush:

I have been eating more meal protein bars lately from Kellogg's they are good too & healthy... I want to buy some protein bars from performance inspired but I haven't got a chance to splurge the money. They are cheaper at the Hyvee store. I haven't been working out at all... when I told that to my councilor he was like... That figures.... cause its the same story every time... So he was a little frustrated with me. I do have to work harder at losing weight...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 09:34:41 AM by Starflashbaby »

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2023, 09:56:57 PM »
You got this Starflashbaby! I know working up the energy to exercise is tricky. I still struggle with it. In fact, I’ve fallen off the wagon again haha I have not been to the gym recently. In my opinion and experience diet is far more important to weight loss than exercise. Not saying exercise isn’t important, because it is! But I didn’t truly start losing until I took a hard look at what I was eating and adjusted accordingly. It sounds like you are starting to make some good adjustments there, so that’s a great start!

BC, if I was closer I’d totally help put together your bike. Call me crazy but I actually love assembling furniture! :lol: It’s like a puzzle! To build off Starflashbaby’s suggestion maybe someone on Task Rabbit could help? I’m not sure how expensive they are since I’ve never tried them myself, but I know they specialize in furniture assembly!

Way to go with losing three more pounds Ponyfan! That’s definitely a huge accomplishment you should be proud of!

I’ve lost a little more weight! I’ve got about 5 pounds left to go until I’m at my goal. :) I signed up for a 5k this winter. I don’t have much stamina for running, so I’ll probably walk most of it, but I think it will be a fun activity! Even though the race is timed there are no prizes, so it won’t be stressful. I’m too competitive to enter one with prizes haha! I’m going to try and slowly build up my running ability before then! I do actually like running, I just can’t go far.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2023, 10:35:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice. It is still unassembled, but I did put the smaller parts in a box, so...

When I get more money I'll see about hiring someone.

MM, I used to love putting stuff together too! I was the go to person for everyone in my family for assembling stuff. But as I got older and had more complications with my joints and back, it began to feel like a chore, and when I would tell someone no, they would get all nasty with me. Between the two it sucked any joy out of it that was left and now I hate putting stuff together.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2023, 06:51:18 PM »
I was afraid that I might have gained 4-5 pounds this week, but I only gained 1.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2023, 05:15:31 AM »
I've managed to lose some weight from eating light. I'm still on antibiotics and they mess my stomach up, so I've only been eating yogurt, cottage cheese, pineapple, and occasionally a bowl of Cheerios. I also started taking a probiotic everyday and of course drinking lots of water.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2023, 07:12:13 PM »
Well I joined the gym and then hurt my back. The doctor has me on some stuff but  I don’t actually feel better yet. I can say at least I’ve been better lately with the food. I just need to be consistent.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2023, 03:39:27 PM »
It's November and I forgot until about 8 pm last night that Nanowrimo is happening.   :freak:

Since I'm still at work I haven't started writing yet but there are people in my area that have already written 3k+ words today.  I feel like I'm behind.  My goal this month is to finish the fanfic I've been working on for longer than I care to admit.  I haven't even updated it online in like, nine months. So...yeah, I'm pretty sure some of my readers assume I've abandoned it and that's not the case so I really need to finish it.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2023, 07:34:25 AM »
I think the above post was meant for another thread.

I'm still eating light and my shorts are falling off. I went out to get an Amazon package that was on top of the stairs away from my door. When I stood back up after grabbing the box, my shorts came down :lol: I don't think anyone saw. This is bad though because I only have five pairs of shorts and two are the same as the ones that fell.

Status of exercise bike - I put the smaller pieces in a box. Still not assembled!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2023, 04:04:25 PM »

Is Nanowrimo not a goal I can work towards?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2023, 07:25:07 PM »

I think Nanowrimo is a good goal. I’ve been trying to motivate myself to get into it and write this year. I’m so far behind on my word count.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2023, 10:34:03 PM »

I think Nanowrimo is a good goal. I’ve been trying to motivate myself to get into it and write this year. I’m so far behind on my word count.

I'm not quite up to where I should be, either.  But I might be able to get caught up.  Every word you write is one more than you had.  You can do it! :write: :cheer:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2023, 11:23:13 PM »
Oh sorry! :blush: You're right. I forgot this is a goal thread and not just fitness.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2023, 10:32:54 AM »
Oh sorry! :blush: You're right. I forgot this is a goal thread and not just fitness.

No worries.  I had a stressful day at work yesterday so your comment caught me in a snappish mood.  Reading it now I was quite rude about it.  Sorry about that. :)

ETA: Came across a treadmill workout I might have to try.  It's the "12-3-30" workout. You set your treadmill at 12 incline and walk at a speed of 3 MPH for 30 minutes.  With that incline, it would be like climbing up the side of a mountain so I can imagine you'd get a really good leg/butt workout.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 10:37:40 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2023, 11:24:38 AM »

I'm not quite up to where I should be, either.  But I might be able to get caught up.  Every word you write is one more then you had.  You can do it! :write: :cheer:
Agreed! I've been using Campfire Writing to sit and plan a bit. I was hoping it might motivate me to really sit and get to work on mine. I have all these ideas but writer's block is kicking my butt.

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal