collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 26940 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2023, 08:51:20 PM »
I’ve been doing better about going to the gym lately. I’m going to try and keep it up! I’ve been doing lighter exercises than usual so that it feels more “fun” to go. Last night when I went the gym was playing The Lion King in the movie room, so I actually did exercise for close to an hour!  :biggrin: Even though I was exhausted I wanted to see the end of the movies, so I kept going lol!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2023, 02:51:53 PM »
 :blush: Not a problem... This thread is very helpful, Thank you everyone for helping me keep at my Goals!!!!

NovelNerd Great Job! I don't even get that amount of steps in a day, I need to work harder!

Minty_Magic Thank you for the info I'll have to download it to see what's free on it and what's payed. I'm glad your still on track to hit your Goal in November. That's cool that the Gym has a movie room to keep people motivated while watching a movie.

Ponyfan I hope everything is ok with you health/Medical wise You mentioned Medical procedure and surgeon - I hope you feel better soon K.

BlackCurtains ADHD meds do help with hunger. so you have to set an alarm to eat during the day to remind yourself that Hey its time to eat and that way your not doing what I'm doing is eating before bed That I'm trying to break a bad Habit so I'm just letting you know ahead of time "Set Alarms" and eat something Healthy... I wish I knew then what I know now... Ya know... P.S If you skip breakfast and eat around noon and then stop eating around 8pm or 6pm depending on what time you go to bed It would be considered Intermittent fasting... Just an FYI.. I'm glad you have a new bike you are putting together...  ^.^ I have to clear off mine...

Pokeyonekenobie  :cheer:

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2023, 08:40:52 PM »
Thank you Starflash, I do have a bit of a cheat. I’m a teacher and spend a lot of time on my feet usually.

This week I didn’t put as many steps in but did drop five pounds and mostly stuck to my proper diet. I did have bread and jam as a snack earlier which wasn’t great.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 03, 2023, 02:10:44 PM »
I managed to climb back up to 129. It feels like I'm never gonna reach my target goal.  :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2023, 08:34:30 AM »
You can reach your goal Whisper!  :cheer: :cheer:

I did not eat well this weekend but I did meal prep and freeze for the next two weeks.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2023, 08:36:24 AM »
… Last night when I went the gym was playing The Lion King in the movie room, so I actually did exercise for close to an hour! …

Minty, that is so cool! Do you go to EOS? I’m considering joining one, but I haven’t heard much about it. A movie room sounds like a good idea. What activity do you guys do in the movie room (treadmill, elliptical, stairs, etc)? Have you ever done any spin classes? I’m wondering if it’s too hard for someone like me.  :wonder:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2023, 06:32:09 AM »
A few weeks ago, we ate out 2 times for my mom's birthday.  I had to get weighed and get my shot the next day.  I thought  my weight was up because of the 2 meals we ate out.  The last time I weighed, though I stayed the same as that week. 

I ate a lot of Life Savers yesterday.  Usually, I'm pretty good about not eating a lot of candy.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2023, 01:41:15 PM »
… Last night when I went the gym was playing The Lion King in the movie room, so I actually did exercise for close to an hour! …

Minty, that is so cool! Do you go to EOS? I’m considering joining one, but I haven’t heard much about it. A movie room sounds like a good idea. What activity do you guys do in the movie room (treadmill, elliptical, stairs, etc)? Have you ever done any spin classes? I’m wondering if it’s too hard for someone like me.  :wonder:

Yes!! I go to EŌS. I really like them a lot. :) I know there are some complaints about it being a busy gym, but I tend to go around like, midnight so I never notice lol! They are the only 24 hour gym I know of around me so that alone makes me like them. The movie room is definitely my favorite part of their gyms! Other than having something interesting to look at during my workout I also like the dim lighting in that room, it’s so much cozier to workout in lol! They have a mix of different cardio machines in there. Mine has 3 ellipticals, 3 stair climbers, and a bunch of treadmills and bikes. I wish they had weight training stuff in there too. I might be more motivated to do that stuff if a movie was playing!

I’ve not yet taken advantage of any of their group classes. I can’t really determine if they cost extra or not so I’ve been too cheap to try signing up for one to see. :LOL: they have a water aerobics class in the evenings that I’d like to try someday though! They have a pretty good variety of different classes for all kinds of different activities and skill levels, so I’m sure they might have a good cycling class to try! :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:43:03 PM by Minty_Magic »

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2023, 02:22:28 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the info Minty_Magic!
Once I get my finances in order, I’m probably going to join. Something to look forward to! :biggrin: (I had the worst luck with a different gym in the past, so I’m trying to do my research this go-around.)

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2023, 12:29:36 AM »
I hope EŌS ends up being a good match for you shockponie! It probably depends on the location but everyone at my location is pretty chill and just keeps to themselves. I know they have open houses kinda frequently so they should let you tour the facility too!

Speaking of I’ve fallen off the wagon again. :lol: I skipped going to the gym last week since I had to go in the office and I’m having trouble working up the motivation to get going again. I think I’ve managed to lose another pound though, and I’m pretty sure that is thanks to when I WAS working out so that’s going to be my motivation!

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2023, 09:57:09 AM »
Yeah, I have to look into an open house!

My eating habits last month were deplorable. I was off track more than I wasn’t, thus leading to a minor weight gain. This month so far has been an even split…. So I guess it’s progress? Not as good as I’d hoped, but I am learning more and more that beating myself up does absolutely nothing to help the situation. It’s a hard lesson for me to learn to not dwell on mistakes. I just need to do my best. I have been going for walks lately. Today was super humid, but I did it!  ^^;

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2023, 12:31:01 PM »
your welcome NovelNerd

I'm stuck on this plateau of 295ibs... something has to give here and I don't want it going up. I've been into crafts lately so maybe I should split my time up more. Craft but give myself an hour to do exercising or something motivating...

We can still do this!!!!  :cheer:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2023, 09:19:07 AM »
I have still not put my bike together. I think I'm going to move it into the bedroom and put it together and keep it in there.

My appetite has been non-existent. I've just been drinking a lot of different things. Water, sparkling water, V8 low sodium, orange juice with calcium, oat milk that I bought for my smoothies and cereal. I don't even feel like making smoothies. It seems like too much food. I need to buy a smaller cup for my Nutribullet, I have two big ones.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2023, 01:51:05 PM »
I have still not put my bike together. I think I'm going to move it into the bedroom and put it together and keep it in there.

My appetite has been non-existent. I've just been drinking a lot of different things. Water, sparkling water, V8 low sodium, orange juice with calcium, oat milk that I bought for my smoothies and cereal. I don't even feel like making smoothies. It seems like too much food. I need to buy a smaller cup for my Nutribullet, I have two big ones.

BlackCurtains You could put on some music while putting your bike together like either on headsets or on the TV or whatever has music, that way it makes the time go by faster while putting a bike together.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2023, 06:47:31 AM »
That's not really the problem. It's my back. I can't bend down very well. So having the pieces on the floor and sitting in a chair isn't ideal. I'd sit on the floor too, but I don't think I could get back up :shocked:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal