collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 207253 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #915 on: September 01, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »
One listen to Ryuusei no HOWL and it became an instant favorite.  :)

I was watching Diamond no Ace today and in the first episode I watched, the opening scene was so funny that I was laughing out loud.  I needed something to smile about today so it was great timing.

Ponyfan   

I am so curious which episode it was now xD

@SpacePinto - I do that too. I actually have a bunch of CDs with music from series I've never watched, but really like the music from.

So this past week I rewatched Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens and thanks to Daiya I now understand all the baseball references running through it. I still really like that show even though it's entirely off the wall and quite violent really...

I realised the next ep of Furuba for me to watch is their trip to Kyoto. I just know it's gonna make me wish I was back there ...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:36:27 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 01, 2020, 05:09:31 PM »

I was watching Diamond no Ace today and in the first episode I watched, the opening scene was so funny that I was laughing out loud.  I needed something to smile about today so it was great timing.

Ponyfan   

@SpacePinto - I do that too. I actually have a bunch of CDs with music from series I've never watched, but really like the music from.

So this past week I rewatched Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens and thanks to Daiya I now understand all the baseball references running through it. I still really like that show even though it's entirely off the wall and quite violent really...

I realised the next ep of Furuba for me to watch is their trip to Kyoto. I just know it's gonna make me wish I was back there ...

It was "I'm not Stopping" where Eijun wakes up before his alarm clock goes off.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 02, 2020, 05:57:03 AM »
Finally got around to watching second season of fruits basket but to be honest, i am really not a fan of it.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 03, 2020, 01:27:43 AM »

Ponyfan   

It was "I'm not Stopping" where Eijun wakes up before his alarm clock goes off.

Ponyfan

Ooooh xD.
Yep. <3
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 06, 2020, 07:52:35 AM »
I’m still undecided if I’m going to try to continue watching Evol x Love. 

I want to download the opening theme from Evol x Love.  Online  I see the artist listed as Yutaro Miura but on iTunes the artist is listed as NordeX.  I tried listening to both versions and they are similar enough that I  can’t hear any obvious differences.

Has anyone watched Children of the Sea? I saw a trailer and it looked really interesting but then I saw a review that mentioned major problems with the plot. That was enough to make me hesitate on buying it.  I try not to be influenced by reviews but I have been disappointed by movies in the past that had great reviews but when I watched them I didn’t care for them.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 08, 2020, 07:17:04 AM »
I’m still undecided if I’m going to try to continue watching Evol x Love. 

I want to download the opening theme from Evol x Love.  Online  I see the artist listed as Yutaro Miura but on iTunes the artist is listed as NordeX.  I tried listening to both versions and they are similar enough that I  can’t hear any obvious differences.

Has anyone watched Children of the Sea? I saw a trailer and it looked really interesting but then I saw a review that mentioned major problems with the plot. That was enough to make me hesitate on buying it.  I try not to be influenced by reviews but I have been disappointed by movies in the past that had great reviews but when I watched them I didn’t care for them.

Ponyfan

I did see this one.  I thought the artwork was very beautiful but it was on the weird side for my tastes (I was also cleaning while I watched it so probably not paying the closest attention to the story).  And part of the story is after the credits.  I would recommend seeing if you can borrow it from your library or something before buying if you're not sure about it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 08, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »
Thanks Pokeyonekenobie.  I will wait before I buy Children of the Sea.

Ponyfan

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #922 on: September 13, 2020, 08:10:20 AM »
I've got children of the sea in my list on netflix but haven't watched it yet.

I'm a little disappointed with Evoxlov, but mostly because it seems a little rushed in the last few episodes or well, on one level I play the game so I know certain events so maybe because I already know it doesn't seem as 'shocking' in the anime as the game.

Plus in game it takes a while to get to stuff as you play where in the anime it's just rolling along at a faster pace. I am interested to see the next episode as it looks like it might show some of Victor's perspective when he goes forward in time.

Also, I just watched the first episode of something called Eraser, it's on netfix and dad and I watched episode 1 while we ate breakfast. Even he seemed like he thought it was interesting. How I know...he asks questions during the show instead of just sitting there thinking OH NO another cartoon. LOL!

So I've put eraser in my list to watch.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 13, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »
@Uni  -Eraser or Erased? (If the latter I know it well, if the former, do tell what it is about!)

I haven't gone back to EvolxLove since ep 7, I don't know what to make of it overall. On the TV I discovered I can mostly ignore the subs except when they superimpose names in awkward places, so it's not too bad. But I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately.

I have in my mind to rewatch a bunch of series but haven't got around to them yet. Just haven't had time since I now gave myself some extra homework to do, sigh...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 13, 2020, 01:45:34 PM »
I think I am on episode 5 of EvolxLove but I've heard the anime is mixing up a lot of elements from the game.  I will probably watch a few more episodes.

Spoiler because I'm not sure what episode this occurs in.

Spoiler
The game heavily implies that Shaw (I don't know his name in Japanese) was trying to kill Victor/Zen with a lighting strike but at the last moment MC stepped in and took the hit saving Victor/Zen.  This is further confirmed in the game because Shaw has lightening power.  I've heard in the  anime that is not Shaw that tries to kill Victor/Zen but a random character.  There's still a lot of mystery surrounding Shaw in the game but he is connected to one of 4 main guys.

I am curious whether the anime will bring in Helios.   

I'm hoping to finally watch Weathering with You this week.  I've also been looking at Rent a Girlfriend and Lovely Complex. 

I'm still watching Diamond no Ace Season 3.  :)

Ponyfan

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #925 on: September 13, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
@Uni  -Eraser or Erased? (If the latter I know it well, if the former, do tell what it is about!)

I haven't gone back to EvolxLove since ep 7, I don't know what to make of it overall. On the TV I discovered I can mostly ignore the subs except when they superimpose names in awkward places, so it's not too bad. But I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately.

I have in my mind to rewatch a bunch of series but haven't got around to them yet. Just haven't had time since I now gave myself some extra homework to do, sigh...

Duh, yea, Erased not eraser. I just watched the second episode tonight.

There is stuff in Mr. Love/EvolxLove I don't even remember from the game. I happened to load my game on my work computer as I had downloaded it on there when my ipad was being worked on and I played a couple levels and I completely forgot that bit in the storyline.

I think maybe it's hard to condense the storyline to the anime as they've left some stuff out. They seemed to totally skip some story line with Lucien and the Orphanage that is in game. But I can also see how it'd be hard to squeeze everything in, considering the game we can play at our own pace. Whereas in the anime an episode has to 'work' in a certain amount of time so that they can get enough of the story in to get to the desired ending for the show.

About Shaw:
Spoiler
I am curious why they would change Shaw from the one who might have tried to kill Victor, however, we did get that scene between Gavin and Shaw, which I can't remember if that happened in game? So maybe that was the trade off? But then since some stuff has been left out or smoshed together we may still get something.

In game right now, I spent all my dang free draws and some gems and still didn't get any of the 'new' SSR cards. So i'm sad. And as much as I want the Kiro/Helios new SR card, I'm not spending fricking $10 top up for that...it's just an SR and the last SR I tried really hard to get, the date made me to sad. Why are they making Kiro/Helios so mean. I guess Helios is the 'mean' side of the sunshine that gives you terrible sunburns.

But I would like to either have Victor or Kiro of those 1930's-40's designs. They look pretty.

And now it's time after a spoiler for a random Victor karma. Since
I just got this one recently. Hopefully the image will show up below.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 14, 2020, 06:19:32 AM »
Right now, I’m rewatching Inuyasha, Trinity Blood, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Kuroko no Basuke
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 14, 2020, 10:19:09 AM »
The only comparison I can make to EvolxLove with respect to the plot is with the neoroma series like Koruda (Corda D'Oro), Neoangelique, Haruka etc. But all three of those had manga I think - actually, I am not sure that Neoangelique did at the time of the anime, maybe that happened afterwards - so they had already figured out how to plot the different storylines in the game together before they put it on the screen. They don't always do that with otome games, but it's not uncommon. (I don't think Hakuouki had manga, thinking about it now, but it did at least have a historical timeline to follow).

...Mind you, with Haruka at least, the first half of the manga is fairly faithfully represented in the anime, but the anime then overtook the manga which was still being written, so the second half deviates. The manga also designates a "chosen person" which the anime leaves open (except on the DVD where every character has an ending, and that may also happen if they DVD release EvolxLove.)

The same "chosen person" narrative happened in the Koruda manga (I don't think it did in the Koruda 3 manga mind you) but the anime only went so far in that case. I think what happened was that the manga incorporated some of the second game and the anime didn't do much with that so the manga ended up more detailed than the anime with lots of bits missing after a certain point.

With the Haruka specials for Haruka 3 there is only occasional manga chapters and nothing really concrete. They put in bits of the story for Kurou and Masaomi, there's a bit for Kagetoki and his conflicted loyalties in the second part. I don't remember much of Atsumori's story being in there, there's a big part of his story that's in the game but I think it was left out (sadly). So they chose specific characters on which they placed most of their attention.

Point being it's hard to get the two mediums to line up when it's a game with multiple choice options and paths.

On the subject of Erased...there's also a live drama version of it on Netflix (at least there is here). I actually like the drama better although it's a little different in places - apparently it's closer to the manga and at least it has the whole second arc which the anime doesn't really deal with at all. I like the anime too but if you enjoy the series, I recommend the drama as well.

Kenya <3
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 19, 2020, 11:18:37 AM »
At last I got to watch Weathering with You.  It was a really good movie but I think Your Name is still my favorite film by the director. 

Spoiler

A few things plot points are a little unclear for me.  Why did Hodaka run away from home in the first place?   It seems like he was in Tokyo for quite a while before the police started looking for him and somehow the police considered the case a kidnapping instead of a runaway boy?

I liked seeing Mitsuha and Taki from Your Name but given the ending of Weathering with You, I'm nor sure how Your Name fits in the timeline of WwY.

Ponyfan

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:44 AM »
I haven't really watched crunchyroll or netflix much lately. Using a VPN seriously slows the internet speed down. I have been watching more Chinese shows. I'm not sure what they are classified as - They are set in Ancient China but involve demons, magic, martial arts, ghosts cultivation...(Its either Xianxia or Wuxia but I can't tell the difference between them)
Some are animated, some are live action series.
The most recent live action I am watching is "Eternal love of Dream" and animated one is "scumbag system" which is based off a BL novel called Scum Villian Self Saving System. However, i am pretty sure it will be censored so there is no romance between the master and disciple.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal