collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you give your monsters personalities?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Do you give your monsters personalities?
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
I shouldn't use the word 'give'. It's not something you do purposefully; it's more of a subconscious thing. Most of my monsters fall into the 'nice and sweet' category, but there are a few (OK, more than a few...) standouts which I'll mention below.

Here's the lowdown on my gals:

The Crazy One:
Abbey (Skull Shores): I gotta be honest, she doesn't have many friends. I don't think she minds though. She's a bit, er, mentally unbalanced and over the top. Beautiful, but crazy.

The Backstabber:
Viper (Gorgon): Do not trust this ghoul! She will cut you!

The Loner:
Elana (Wolf): She is sure of herself and doesn't need friends to fit in. She's better known as 'the lone wolf'.

The Arrogant One:
Nefera: Pretty self-explanatory here. She's the queen bee, and everybody knows it.

The Brat:
Spectra (Picture Day): She's got a new bob haircut and an attitude to go with it. Her cousin (Sig Spectra) is a bit less of a brat, but only slightly.

The Alpha:
Eyevette (Three Eyed Ghoul): She is strong, confident, and is the sort of monster who knows how to handle a crisis. Her partner, Sally (Skeleton) is very similar in personality.

The Sweet Ones:
Oh, where to begin? Frankie (Gloom Beach, Classroom, and Dead Tired), Clawdeen (Dead Tired I & II, 1600), Ghoulia (DotD, Fearleading, and Gloom Beach). These are some of my ultimate favorites. They are the kindest, sweetest, and most well-rounded of all the ghouls.

The Dutiful Housewives:
Lagoona is a regular Suzie Cryptmaker! Dead Tired L is married to 1600 Clawd, and Sig L is married to Sig Clawd. She's friendly with the other ghouls, but her hubby always comes first.

The Hollywood Actress:
Leilina (Bee Cam): She's glamorous, worldly, and she's got Nightmare Nigel wrapped around her finger.

The Wallflowers:
Too many wallflowers! Draculaura (Sig), Clawdeen (Coffee Bean), Cleo (Gloom Beach), etc!

The Brain:
Amelia (Harpy): She's a whiz at math and science and wants to be an aviator. Her close friends are equally brainy - Cupid, Ghoulia (Skull Shores) and Lagoona (Skull Shores).

The B***h:
Janice Witchinson (Witch): This washed-up model has got some major personality issues, and she isn't afraid to show them.

The Quiet One:
Rochelle: She doesn't have much to say. Ever. Maybe it's because her lips are stoned shut...

The Singer:
Skelita: This ghoul loves soul music, and is often heard singing Amy Winehouse tunes at every opportunity she can get.

The Southern Belle:
Why, Operetta of course. Hell, she wears big Civil War era gowns at home just for fun!

The Spiritualist:
Jina: She's always meditating and viewed as a bit of an oddity by the other ghouls.

The Workaholic:
Robecca: Clad in a baby blue uniform and white top hat, Robecca can be found most nights and weekends at the local Zombie King, where she delivers brain burgers on skates to customers.

The Nurturer:
Toralei: Crazy but true! She's very sweet and is always looking out for the other girls and her pet, Sweet Fang. She used to be a bit of a maneater, but she's changed her ways. For now.

OK, now it's your turn. Tell us about your monsters' personalities, for better or for worse!

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you give your monsters personalities?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »
My Mio (DDG Spectra) is the Queen of the Japanese Empire, Isabella  Other Spectra's):is the Princess, Illyria (ghost CaM) is Queen Mio,s niece. Adabella is the biker,same with Persephone and Hecate, Catherine is the artist of course. Dione is Gothic
, Mairin is the Irish maiden, Serigala, like he sisters has a bad temper, Smet and Lala, Frankie are sweet ones. Lolita is the girly one, Ghoulia is the geek. Abbey and Nixie are exactly alike. Morgance is the Witch, Skelita is the Spanish maid, Robecca is old fashioned, Venus is eco punk, Rochelle is Renaissance,Goona is happy-go-lucky, Howleen is spunky.
Yes,Clawd loves his Lala. Of course Opie is the Southern Belle. Cupid is the romantic.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:22:33 PM by Foxy_Ninja »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »
I like how you've made some of them queens and princesses!

I really need to start coming up with names for the dolls where I have multiples. I'd better start brainstorming!

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:51:49 PM »
I like how you've made some of them queens and princesses!

I really need to start coming up with names for the dolls where I have multiples. I'd better start brainstorming!

They are related :D

Roch is Smet's boyfriend, Thaddeus has a thing for Venus and he,s a pink and purple haired vamp now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:00:42 PM by Foxy_Ninja »

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
I tried giving them all names n such. I quit. I'm going to go remove names and such in my flickr eventually. There's too many mostly on disply that I don't play with or anything. So now only my customs and CaMs have the personalities.

Neri McKraken (Sea Monster CaM)-
The Sue. She's smart, funny, pretty, perfectionist, champion swimmer. She models and excels at science in her studies.

Bellatrix Strange (Triclops CaM) -
The Artist. She's vivacious, creative, outgoing and friendly. She tries to see the best in everyone.

Ichabod DiCapitatio (Pumpkin-headed Vampire Boy CaM) -
The Weirdo. He's an odd duck. A ward of the HHM Bloodgood's. He's sort of gloomy an mopey but he's atheletic and seems to be popular and has a lot of friends. He still likes to find the beauty in the dismal.

(those three make up the stereotypical girl-girl-guy teen show bestie trio XD)

Delilah DeMorte (Skeleton CaM) -
The Rich B - Her daddy owns the Maul and has even named a cafe after her. She's Neri's rival in almost everything and she has a littling thing for Ichy and harasses him at work.

Bryoni Pendragon (Dragon CaM) -
The Tomgirl - She's slightly too girly to be a true tomboy. She's shy but also speaks her mind when she needs too. She's big on the environment and is outsoorsy and manages the Hack and Kill team and takes pictures of her garden and outdoorsy stuff. She and Lex are lovey dovey.

Lexington Street (Garboyle) -
The Good Guy - Athletic and a little clueless. Not sumb but just sort of hapless. He's a total pushover when it comes to Bryoni and probably easy to take advantage of him (and Brooklyn tends to at times I think). He gets along with everyone and is ready with a smile and a laugh.

Brooklyn Lane  (Garboyle)-
The Pretty Boy - He's the male model of the bunch. Sort of full of himself but likeable. He may take advantage of his cousin, but not maliciously. He's strives to be good at the things he does.

Demetria Trace (Soon-to-Be-Rerooted Rochelle) -
The Airhead - Poor thing. She's sweet as pie but she also kind of flightly. She's beasties with Delilah and Brooklyn's ghoulfriend. She's not overly good at academics but she's a fearleader with Delilah and works at the Cafe.

Pierce Bronzescales (Custom 1.0 Deuce) -
The Rockstar - His hopes and dreams lie in his songwriting and singing. He has friends (his best guy friend is Ichy) but he's content to be alone with his guitar. He's soulful, occassionally moody and quiet.

at the moment, Laz and Zsazsa don't have much personality so I won't include them or incomplete CaMs since I haven't put much thought into them or the McIllyoch's and Werewolf CaM's, I don't much see myself playing with them either. I think once I get them perfect, they'll be on display mostly. So that's my essemble cast so far ^^;

angelfish

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »
It depends.  I've noticed that dolls that do not come with a ready-made persona like my Blythes 'show' personality a lot more quickly.  Even then some are 'louder' than others.

With MH they come with a personality which is why I really love the CAMs, they're 'blank' so I can 'create' my own character. 

However, my Howleens, my Bratzilla Vampelina and my RM Ghoulia seem to have more personality than the others.  Howleen is an unruly trouble making pre-teen, Vampelina is just plain evil and RM Ghoulia has a sort of nutty professor vibe going on.  The other ghouls just look pretty.. :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:30:41 PM by angelfish »

Dorriebelle

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »
I've altered some of the 'main monsters' - my Howleen is more of an adoring, sweet little sis than an
in-your-face brattitude one - but like many here, I save my full-out 'creations' for the CAMs.

Joel Orbach (CAM Gargoyle, guy) - Hung out at City Hall for most of his formative years. Developed
a real passion for law and justice, and has a leaning towards public domain and private property law.
Currently studying Pre-Law in accelerated MH night classes.

Ricardo Ferato, aka Ric (CAM Vampire, guy) - Also tends to hang out downtown, he and Joel are
friends, occasional rivals. Ric has hung his wings over at City Hospital, and as a consequence, developed
a real interest in pathology and some psychology. He sometimes crosses paths with Joel during accelerated
 Pre-Med classes for night students.

Christopher Hutchins, aka Hutch (CAM Puma, guy) - It's no surprise the fastest dude at MH is a real
health-cat, and really enjoys helping out the teams. He hopes to major in physical education and sports medicine in a
few years, and have a big family fulla kittens - a whole team, if he can find the right ghoul ! He also finds
his goals intersecting Ric's when he studies for CPR and injury treatment certification in advanced Pre-Med classes.

Moe Deadovitch, aka Slow Moe (CAM Gargoyle, guy) - Current stand-in for Slow Moe until Mattel makes one.
When that happens, he's gonna become a custom gargoyle merman. Maybe.

Carlin Cassidy (CAM Sea Monster, girl) - Carlin's a fun-loving, pun-poppin' young lady who's often referred to
as a lavender Pinkie Pie. She writes her memories frequently, and when she shares a scrapbook, students can often
be found piled cadavers deep for a peek. There's something somehow just a bit sad about her, though, if you catch her
eyes when she's not expecting you to look at her. Her breezy attitude somehow keeps most others from asking what her
future plans include.

Olive Greene (CAM Lab Monster, girl) - It's hard to tell what's on Olive's mind - her face is a complete blank !
And no one remembers what her voice sounds like, either, but she's often seen watching the crowds spin by at the
Coffin Bean or fountainside at the Maul.

Keeping that gang straight keeps me busy, so I'm kind of worried about the next CAM series. Who will be irresistible
in that one ? Yikes !
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:03:20 PM by Dorriebelle »

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »
I love reading about everyones ghouls... I only have one CAM right now and I don't have a name for her yet, let alone seen a personality... Hopefully soon...

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »
Oh, I've got personalities galore up in here!

My werewolves:
Jordan - Sassy, Sweet, and little flaky at times. She often says things that others may deem inappropriate, also known as "word vomit". Shes not one to sugar coat anything either.
Kady - Jordan's tough cookie middle sister. Tells it like it is, with no regard to anyone elses feelings. Shes somewhat of a fashionista, but isn't intrested in the fashion world. She's always put together, and makes it look effortless.
Louisa - The youngest of the Howller's. Shes the spunky one of three. Shes immediately good at anything she tries, which annoys the heck out of the older two. Shes also the manipulator of the family, and can pretty much con anyone into doing whatever she wants.
Cate Dartfinger - Shes my "alter-ego" in monster form. Shes also Jordan's manager, stylist, publicist, and maid.

Jordan's Models:
Hazel Spellman - Cynical, Sarcastically intelligent to the point that people don't know whether shes serious. Think Daria Morgendorffer.
Hadley Humerus - Flirty and fun. Shes always the one to get everyone else up and rolling in the morning. Shes also Clawd's current squeeze.
Honey Combs - The southern belle/debutante of the group. Shes a bit of a techie.
Lensey Sclera - The Boo York socialite. Shes a sweetheart, and having the third eye can see a little ways into the future. She mostly uses that ability to see what she should wear that day.
Ivana Fangblood - Since coming in from Transylvania, Ivana hasn't given anyone much insight into her personality, but thats mostly because nobody can really understand her. Her english isn't the greatest.
Dragona Burns - Shy and reserved, but speaks honestly. She and Bexley have become an unexpected couple.
Bexley Bluescales - Brash, somewhat abrasive, but in true dragon form, speaks honestly. She's become recent partners with Dragona, which was an unexpected pairing.
Etta Plasm - The Jane Lane to Hazel's Daria. Artistic and friendly to some degree, but that's once you get through her disinterested outer shell.
Gabrielle Gorgon - Think Sophia Vergara, but covered in scales.
Isis - Regal and quiet, but demands attention with the way she carries herself. Shes a friend to anyone who may need it.

The Boyfriends:
Rock Granite - Jordan's boyfriend and BFF. A true jack-of-all-trades, and he's got goals of becoming a mini-mogul. Depending on the day, he's got something different he wants to do, to try to get rich off of. He's almost always on his phone, as he is the go-to when anyone's got a problem. Just call him "Mr. Popularity".
Flint Granite - Rock's younger brother, and Rochelle's current boy toy. He's got kind of a beach/ski bum vibe about him. He's a little unpredictable, and not the one to call on in a sticky situation.
Clawd Wolf - Hadley's boyfriend. He and Lala had a falling out when he arrived here, and after that, he and Hadley started making eyes at each other. They've been together ever since.
Pavel Platelet - He's a new arrival. He's Ivana's boyfriend from Transylvania, and since neither of them speak very good english, we have yet to learn much about them.

Some of the other girls who have yet to show their personalities:
Allie Icicle (Ice CAM)
Augusta Gloop (Blob CAM)
Violet Starling (Harpy CAM)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 05:21:05 AM »
I haven't renamed any characters, though I have noticed that some tend to have different personalities, or no personality at all. B&W SS Frankie, for example... She was quite the little tart when I first got her. Her attitude was very much "I'm sexy and I know it."  She had next to no shame. But when Jackson arrived about the same time that a dress I ordered off Etsy showed up, she ditched the skimpy garb, grabbed the dress, and proceeded to show me what a lady she could be! Jackson really brings out the best in her. She turns into a demure damsel in his arms :)

I do have a clawdeen that I plan to customize some day. I haven't been customizing anything for the past few months due to this carpal tunnel, and my surgery isn't until April. But she's going to become a fox pirate, so I have an intended personality for her but she hasn't come to life yet. She just exudes quiet dignity.

My werecat twins Meowlody and Purrsephone aren't actually twins. They just look quite a bit alike, and they are actually a couple.

Since cutting Operetta's, she doesn't feel much like her webisode counterpart anymore. She feels more adult than teen to me. Classy. I bet if she spoke to me, she would sound like a southern belle, well bred and cultured.

For now, the others just echo their webisode personalities in my mind :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 05:43:39 AM »
What a fun read to wake up to! You guys have definitely got the personality angle taken care of!

Cate: I was originally going to name my harpy Violet at well!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:00:25 AM »
I only "give" personalities and names to my CAMs/custom characters since I'm attached to the canon characters and can't really imagine them as being different from what I can read in their diaries or see in the webisodes.

Here's my little line-up:

Eyegena (Triclops CAM):
She is a wild thing, loves to dance and sing and have a go(o)d time with friends. She loves to dress in many different bright patterns and colors to emphasize her happy-go-lucky persona. Eyegena is inspired by Bollywood movies *g*

Clover Van Horn (custom satyr, used to be Toralei):
Clover is my biker chick. She dresses in (fake) black leather and adds spikes to almost all her fashions. Clover is a bit of a loner and often shy to socially awkward. That's why she prefers to go on tours with her motorcycle. When she hits the open road she feels free and alive (I wish I had a Harley miniature for her to sit on, pfffft!)

Desdemoona Howls (Werewolf CAM):
She is a melancholic goth wolf who writes poems she calls "sad songs". She finds beauty in nature and kindness of people and she's a hopeless romantic.

I have two more customs in the works, but I have no personalities for them yet ^^

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »
I give them personalities of sorts because I enjoy doodling them. I have trouble drawing humans without personalities. :P I don't follow the blurbs on the box, or the cartoon...

Lagoona, the Listener (RM)
Intelligent, kind, caring. The type that lends an ear or gives a hug whenever needed.

Frankie, the Schemer (I <3 Fashion)
Gets into trouble (and gets others into trouble of course). Not mean per say, but pretends to be innocent.

Abby, the Quiet One (SS)
The quiet, lovely one. Daydreams a lot, enjoys reading and blogging.

Whenever I get more of em, they'll (eventually) get their personalities.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
I love this thread! Prepare for a text wall! I love creating stories and personalities for my dolls.

The core group- These are my original dolls. I only had these five for the longest time when I first started collecting so I think of them as very best friends.
Spoiler
Lagoona (Mad Science)- My first doll. She’s a dreamer. She and Gil were childhood sweethearts separated so Lagoona would always talk about the day when she knew they would reunite. She’s a great friend to all.
Draculaura (Skull Shores)- A pinkified princess but you can’t help but love her. Everyone is fiercely protective of her. She has a big heart and is the best ghoul to discuss love and relationships with.
Abbey (Skull Shores)- The voice of reason among the group. Very levelheaded and loyal.
Spectra (Signature)- She’s a very shy ghost. Abbey was the first to get Spectra out of her shell and the friendship between the two bloomed into a very close relationship. They were the first couple to form and are still so completely devoted to each other.
Clayton ‘Clay’ Crag (CAM gargoyle boy)- A total rock star! He likes to show off his musical talents. He and Draculaura had instant chemistry and became my second adorable couple (and so fun to snap pictures of!). He’s also very kind and sees Lagoona, Abbey, and Spectra as his little sisters and they see him as an overprotective older brother. He’s always the first to befriend the new guys but that’s because he wants more guys to sing with him.

Cute couples!- Some ghouls I tend to think of as one entity. I love pairing up my dolls. I've already mentioned Abbey and Spectra, Draculaura and Clay. There's also Lagoona and Gil but since Gil is a recent addition his personality isn't as defined as Lagoona's yet.
Spoiler
Clawdeen and Felix
Clawdeen (Scary Tales)- Very good friends with Draculaura. She’s very fun loving and everyone likes her. She was crushing hard on Felix when he first arrived and Draculaura and Clay played cupids to get the two together. Clawdeen was delighted to learn that her crush was returned. But Felix is very shy so Clawdeen tends to do the talking for both of them.
Felix Pantheras (CAM puma guy)- At first he came off as aloof but he’s actually pretty shy. He and Clay are best friends but it took awhile for Felix to open up. He’s a very athletic, strong but silent type. He’s also good friends with Spectra since they can relate about dealing with their sometimes crippling shyness.

Frankie and Derek
Frankie (Gloom Beach)- A social butterfly that gets along with everyone. I was completely surprised when she and Derek fell for each other but now I can’t get over how cute they are together!
Derek Gorgon (Scaris Deuce)- I think of him as Deuce’s cousin. When he first arrived, I figured he was a total flirt. I was surprised when I realized that the only ghoul he wanted to flirt with was Frankie. They are incredibly cute together. Derek likes to compete with Clay for the spotlight but they both respect each other’s talents. They’re friendly rivals who like to throw down in song.

The Loner
Spoiler
Gil (Skull Shores)- Poor misunderstood Gil. He really only hangs out with Lagoona. She loves him but he is the jealous type which has been affecting his ability to make any friends. He completely misunderstood Lagoona and Clay’s friendship when he first arrived. The other guys haven’t really accepted him into their group yet.

The CAMs
Spoiler
Iona ‘Io’ (CAM siren)- Lagoona’s cousin. Like Lagoona she is a great friend and listener. She’s the first to roll out the welcome wagon for new CAMs.
Holly Harpy (CAM harpy)- Io’s best friend. She's also good friends with Rochelle. Holly is a real songbird who loves music. She’s a total rocker chick!
Larissa Gorgon (CAM gorgon)- Derek’s younger sister. She’s got a bit of an attitude as she’s extremely sporty and competitive. But she’s also self-conscious and wears a red wig to hide the snakes on her head. She hasn’t made a lot of friends just yet. I’m also worried she has her eye on Felix since they’re both athletic.

The Fashionistas
Spoiler
Iris Bominable (I <3 Fashion Abbey)- Abbey’s older sister and an aspiring fashion model. She’s a diva who is used to getting her own way. She and Frankie arrived almost at the same time. Iris had an immediate crush on Frankie which Frankie was not aware of. Frankie fell in love with Derek and poor Iris was devastated. Rumors are swirling that she’s run off to rehab…
Jinafire (Scaris)- An aspiring fashion designer who also dabbles in modeling. She loves to talk fashion. She isn’t entirely aware of how stunning she truly is.
Rochelle (Scaris)- Clay’s younger cousin from Scaris. She’s a sweetheart. Iris and Jinafire see model potential in Rochelle, but they also tend to treat her like a mannequin.
Robecca (Signature)- Already good friends with Jinafire. I’m not sure if Robecca is actually interested in fashion or maybe she’s just interested in Jinafire…

The vampire jewel twins- I accidentally ended up with twin Gloom Beach Draculauras. They are both being rehaired in jewel colors.
Spoiler
Lucy and Emmy- I actually haven’t shown these two off just yet but they have tons of personality. They are Draculaura’s feisty older sisters. Emmy is the serene nature lover and Lucy is the hot-tempered firecracker. Being older sisters, they tend to assume they know what is best for Draculaura. Lucy especially doesn’t like Clay and thinks Draculaura can do better. Lucy is a bit of a vampire elitist. Hopefully, some guy or ghoul can come along and change her mind.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:51:15 PM by keylimepony »
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

clonecommander

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »
I only have two, but they have their personalities and names.

Drakonia Occidentalis(dragon girl CaM): She is the girl who is always looking for shiny, jewel-like things or anything gold or silver. She blames that habit on the fact that she is the daughter of a European dragon. She isn't boy-crazy, but she has tried to 'hoard' my glittery blind-bag ponies. Well, not yet.

Luna Silverfang(Werewolf girl CaM): She is the boy-crazy one of the two I have. She admits that she thinks my Clone Captain Rex figure (that is roughly the same size as her, he's on my alarm-clock) is cute. Don't ask me why she thinks that, especially because Rex is not really thrilled about it. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal