collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions?  (Read 26686 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:32 AM »
I don't like overly complicated customs. I like it when they look like they could exist in the pony universe. (if that makes any sense at all)

Yes this! This goes for OCs as well! I want them to look like they could've been a Hasbro original
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 04:14:32 AM »
I don't like overly complicated customs. I like it when they look like they could exist in the pony universe. (if that makes any sense at all)

Yes this! This goes for OCs as well! I want them to look like they could've been a Hasbro original

I totally understand that way of thinking and although I actually really like OC's that do look like they could be an actual pony, I wouldn't like one myself. I prefer something that is you all over, from the inside as such. My own OC took a while to find and figure out something I was happy with, I don't consider her a pony as such, more "my unicorn". I didn't go for the typical symbol on butt with (insert colour(s) here) hair because I wanted her to scream that she was all about me, and I think she does :)

She is however pretty basic really, and would be easy for most people to at the very least colour lineart of her. I think an OC should be about the person, not about Hasbro's perception of how a plastic horse should look, but I do understand why others would think differently about that too ^^

Sokkis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 04:18:59 AM »
Here's the biggest irony. I actually don't really like horses that much. I like MLP because I like the bright colors and designs, and I love brushing the doll hair. I appreciate MLP as an art, more than anything, and it's not that I by any means HATE horses, but they really aren't my favorite animal. I always liked sea creatures (hence my love for Sea Ponies) and dogs and cats. Think about it-- how cool would My Little Octopus be!
THIS! I'm a animal lover, I have cats, dogs and cockatiels. I've been around horses almost all my life, 'cause I've grown up in a small village where keeping horses, cows and farms is quite usual, but um - I don't really like horses. Or ponies. They seem to dislike me also. :D I like to watch them and watch people riding them, but from a secure distance...

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 04:31:44 AM »
I also like the donkey pose.
Gingerbread and Lofty poses look chubby and not graceful.
My favorite customs are hasbro inspired like alt pose etc. I hvae seen a Harvest Parasol and a Golden applejack that I was pretty impressed with.
I find the fandom for FiM bizarre. while i do appreciate that the show has gone back to having more plot/adventure (from my limited 2 episode viewing) the characters are a little obnoxious.  I can't understand the "rabid-ness" of the brony/FIM people.
I don't get sea ponies.
I like Baby Frosting.
I can't stand MO Sweet scoops.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:32 AM »
I like the donkey pose, BBE ponies, and glitter. x3

I don't like the little "animal friends" that come with G4 ponies, though. I customize G4s so I have a ton of them, and sure they're cute but they don't have much of a point other than that to me. I wouldn't have played with the animal friends as a kid, just the ponies. xD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 04:39:23 AM »
I like the donkey pose, BBE ponies, and glitter. x3

I don't like the little "animal friends" that come with G4 ponies, though. I customize G4s so I have a ton of them, and sure they're cute but they don't have much of a point other than that to me. I wouldn't have played with the animal friends as a kid, just the ponies. xD

If you wish to move some of those friends on to a new home, flick me a PM ;) I am looking for quiet a few of them as I am the opposite, I want the animal friends but not the ponies :P

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:28 AM »

Give them to me! XDDD

And another opinion of mine: I like the G4 animal companions more than the ponies. I want to collect them all but urg. I don't want all the ugly cookie cutter sexist ponies (as in "girls only like pink!!!"). I also HATE most of the G4 pony color combos. I swear Hasbro's color pickers must be colorblind! I HATE Dewdrop Dazzle. Her colors are so awful in real life!

ZettaMomo

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »
I love gen 3.5s stickers. Not the gen itself, but I've gotten two sets of stickers from purchasing ponies and I loooove them.
I love them too! I have a bunch of them and I love to use them on my notebooks and packages.

EDIT: I also like the Fashion Style Pinklestia. I was one of those people who were all "But she is not that pink!" before, but she really grew on me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:23:28 AM by ZettaMomo »

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:40 AM »
I don't really like G1. They're my childhood pony generation, but they're probably my least-favourite generation except G3.5.

I'm not into horses. I don't have other horse toys or want a real horse; I don't care much for riding, either.

I ♥ love ♥ pink. More pink ponies? YES PLEASE. ALWAYS PINK PONIES.

I adore how tiny G4 ponies are. I like the larger Fashion Style ponies, too, but the brushable G4 toys are pocket-sized and I find that pretty awesome. As a little girl I always loved toys that were small, and I still do!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:01 AM »
Well let's see what I can add to this list.
I don't like BBE (as some have already said) they kind of creep me out and make me uncomfortable.
I am not a big fan of tinsel unless its still under control then I don't mind it.
I can't find a soft spot for the g3.5s or g4s (I don't mind the show though!)
The princess ponies I would not actively seek/collect, I have one that I got with other ponies and will keep her but don't plan on buying others.

I love twinkle eye ponies!! And want them ALL!
I love g1 and g2 babies.
I love cleaning dirty ponies and styling their hair..
I love the g1s eyes, they look a little more relaxed then the g3s.. maybe that's just me though
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
- I love G2 and i don' think G3.5 was that bad design-wise. They just lacked a lot of characters and time to evolve.
- I don't care about all the background ponies from FIM and their fan names. I think most of them look very bland, recycled and boring. It makes me sad they get over-hyped so much while there are toy-only characters with better designs out there (who get nearly no attention just because they don't appear in the show for a couple of seconds.).
- While FIM is a fun and good show, i feel people are starting to over-rate it.
Some people act as if FIM is the only decent show out there.
- I don't like all the (overly dramatic) FIM fanfiction out there. Some are so over the top they just become unintentionally funny.
- I don't mind BBE ponies and the donkey pose is one of my favorite G3 poses.
- I don't mind pink at all. All that matters is that the complete color combo looks good.

elvanui

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:53 AM »
I know many of you could step on my toes in a stilletto for this, but I am absolutely DISGUSTED by the boy ponies hairy feet :D . Lol Dunno why, seems so dirty to me, or thats the idea that comes to my mind seeing (even in RL) Clydesdale hooves. The ony boy who could live with me and be forgiven for this is the gorgeous sexy Tux. But even he'd be wearing boots all the time:).

I know, I know, I'm abnormal.

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »
I personally don't like coupling ponies that aren't originally meant to be together. I think it's really nice that other people do, though :3

I love gimmick ponies. If they have rollerskates, lights, secret compartments, pockets, changing colour hair, I'm sold.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »
* I don't watch Doctor Who and sometimes it irritates me when people try to constantly cram him in to FIM. Doctor Hooves is cute but why is every pony with that symbol a timelord? Maybe they work at an hourglass factory.

I completely agree.

I love Doctor Who (I don't know if I've mentioned that before :P ) and it would be awesome if there was a genuine reference in FiM, like the Big Lebowski scene for instance, but Dr Whooves is just some random background pony who doesn't look, sound or act like any version of the Doctor and is just one of sooooo may ponies with hourglass cutie marks. The massive acceptance of this fanon drives me nuts!

Also, I love brightly coloured and/or clashingly coloured ponies; like the pink/orange of Honeybuzz for instance. So pretty!

I never wanted Bubbles or Seashell as a kid because I couldn't see the point of a permanently sitting pony (how could she go on adventures?!) but I really like the designs. I wish they'd been made standing, or even poseable like G3 Rainbow Swirl.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
Ooh I love fakies too, I actually own more fakies than I do the real thing, I only collect what I want to tho, I am pretty picky about what comes into my collection & stays, and it doesn't need to be a perfect, minty pony either, just needs to mean something to me. Most of my collection would be considered bait / play only anyhow, but I love them all to pieces and thats all that matters to me :)

I have a thing for hideous fakies, I am not talking about "oh my that is a little unnerving" I mean "OMG! That thing is going to eat your face off whilst you sleep! D:!" I really enjoy them a little too much, and get kicks out of scaring adults with them.

:heart: :heart: :heart:  I actually want this pair to breed, these are one of my most favourite things (this is my own photo, and anyone is more than welcome to use it as you credit me ;) )

I totally agree with the accessory thing too, I do really like some accessories, but I really just see it as clutter & would prefer them to go to someone that is going to appreciate it for what it is.

I always love your fakie posts, fingerpaints. :lovey: I think I remember a post about that white one on the imposter board... didn't you say that it was BBE and glowed in the dark? I don't remember the purple one though. Does it do the same? Those are so wonderfully creepy, in all the right ways. I think it was xCharx who put it so beautifully that anyone could get on Dream Valley and look up everything that Hasbro ever put out, but with fakies there will always be that mysterious aura that keeps drawing us near... it's human nature to be curious.

Forgive me. I haven't slept in over 14 hours and I'm just babbling at this point. :) Also, I can completely second the fakies outweighing the "realies." I love Hasbro ponies, of course and want more, but then I see those cuuuute little puppy dog glass eyes staring up at me as if to say "heeelllp!!! Save me from this thrift store prison!" and I just HAVE to take them home and clean them up!

I also forgot to mention in my initial post that I LOVE G3.5s. I used to hate them like everybody else does, but then I found Pinkie Pie's mom at Goodwill and I just couldn't leave her there. They are so much cuter in person than they look in pictures on the interwebz.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal