collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would this Message Scare the Crap outta you as a seller?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Would this Message Scare the Crap outta you as a seller?
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »
So I got this message from a buyer.  Now tell me, does this sound threatening to you??

Silverdawn

I sincerely hope this was worth it. I was absolutely flabbergasted when I saw the price from my sniper service. It came very close to my limit. I had to do everything short of stealing to come up with the money. This is the most expensive item I have ever bought on eBay. It is almost double the price of the most expensive My Little Pony MOC I bought. The last [pony type removed to protect buyer] MOC I saw sold on eBay went for about [blank amount] less than a year ago. Of course, it was snatched up in about 10 minutes. I expected a higher price, but not that high. As I said, I really hope this is worth it, because [pony type removed] ponies are famous for pony cancer. I currently own an MLP Lofty MOC with pony cancer and I have no idea what to do with her. The seal on the card doesn't mean that they can't get cancer. Thank you for shipping it out so quickly.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Would this Message Scare the Crap outta you as a seller?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
I hope you have delivery confirmation  on it....
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:50:43 AM »
It was sent insured priority so I can track it yes.  And if he/she claims "damage" I'm safe there too.  So it does sound scary to you?

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
It was sent insured priority so I can track it yes.  And if he/she claims "damage" I'm safe there too.  So it does sound scary to you?

Yeah, it sounds like they were unhappy with the final selling price (despite bidding that high) and I think there's a good hint they think you're scamming them in there (even though they decided to bid that high). I reckon they'll try to pick on any flaws, real or imaginary, because they didn't actually want to spend that much money on that pony. I really hope they'll just suck it up but I can't help but feel that buyer's remorse is already showing :hug:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »
Ugh.  It does sound threatening, and I'd be prepared for a difficult buyer once she gets the package.  I've had my fair share of "it'll never go this high - WOW did that go high!" auctions.  If I can't or don't want to pay that much, I don't bid that much. 

Good luck!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
Please, please message me this ebay user's ID!!!

It is not only threatening but down right ridiculous. If she is using a sniper service, only her and no one else can put in a max bid.  :nuts:
The sniper service does not just randomly put a bid in for you. So what part of the price she paid is your fault.

I know this is going to sound like a waste of time but call eBay. I would! They need to know before hand you have been threatened.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure I know what pony the buyer is talking about (I was watching your auctions!). I would be quite worried over the message. But the buyer set the price for their sniping service so it is their own fault that they paid the amount they did. If they didn't want to pay that much they shouldn't have bid that much. I'm really not sure what the whole point of the message is honestly. I mean is she going to message you back in 6 months if something happens with the pony? I really hope everything works out for you dear!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
Whoa, that comes across pretty agressive. I have no idea why she is having a go at you for the price, no one was forcing her to put that bid in for fox sake!

I second calling eBay about this!

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything other than they're worried it's going to arrive not as they expected after they spent so much.  But this pony was pretty nice, so if this is a decent person hopefully no problems.  *fingers crossed*  I don't want to report them to eBay yet as nothing actually has happened, but I'll definitely save that email if anything comes up.  Doesn't eBay always side with the buyers no questions asked though?

Silverdawn

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »
I agree with you and the previous posters, that message does come across as extremely aggressive and threatening. I would definitely be prepared to deal some potential issues from this buyer after they receive the item. If I received this kind of message on ebay I would be extremely upset. No one forced them to put such a high bid in with their sniping service and have only themselves to blame for winning at a price towards the max of their bid range. Sounds to me like a case of buyer's remorse. If they are a collector they should know that prices can vary wildly, especially depending on how badly another bidder wants the item. The price something sold for a year ago is not always relevant to what something is worth now as the market for collectibles (including ponies) fluctuates constantly. I am so sorry you are having to deal with such a difficult buyer :( I am hoping for the best outcome for you!

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
Thanks for all the support guys!  And Goddess of Peep, I'm sorry to hear this happens to you too.  Your items are always so gorgeous! (I think I may have been suckered into bidding in an auction or two of yours by those minty minty ponies, and the accessories!  Ahhh! :))  I guess I'll see how it goes.  Happy Thanksgiving of worrying and nail biting for me! Lol

Silverdawn

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »
Wow, scary! I will admit I always get nervous when an item sells for more than I expected- this kind of message would make me very scared indeed!  You can definitely expect (from that email) that she will be inspecting the item like mad looking for some evidence of "pony cancer"

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
as long as you posted high quality pictures and listed all the possible flaws i can't see how you'd be in the wrong.
i know when i had an auction go high, i took a monkey load of extra pictures after to make sure i had evidence. oh... and picture of it in the box. and pictures of me handing it to the postman. XD he thought i was nuts.
but it can't hurt.
sorry this person is, well way to aggressive. we're here for support.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
Why is she complaining about how much the pony cost? No one forced her to buy it. You never bid more than you're comfortable paying. :nuts: I would forward that message to eBay.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
Very odd!! Some strange folks around!!

Jules x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal