collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Overcharged shipping costs, how would you handle it?  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Overcharged shipping costs, how would you handle it?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
$5 is a lot of money, so I would definitely send a polite message.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:54 AM »
I hope the mods are able to help you out!  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
Unless the price of the shipping covers price of the pony as well, is ok,but if the pony is full price and the shipping is even more than what you know is customary ,then yes, I have done it in the past, before i order ponies, I even ask for the shipping zipcode  to run the quote myself, some people over see prices in some cases, like sometimes they want to charge me 10 for parcel post when  6 on priority is available, because the item fits in a priority envelope that is a flat fee and the weight does not matter any longer :)
I do cross check any shipping quotes that sound too much or just wrong, so not everytime I have to do it, most of the sellers here do it by the book with sometimes the 1 or 2 charge for supplies :).
while ago I sold a lot of ponies and the buyer did request a cheaper service, and they were ok with the item being sent in light packaging so I did find a better price for them, packing them differently :) no box, just bubble wrapped and thick plastic around the bundle :) and the n the weight went down and the price of priority and parcel post came to be the same at time of shipping, so buyer ended up saving money and getting it shipped on priority  and not wait 7-10 days , ponies will be with her in a couple of days, is all about communication,sometimes a box is not needed, and the price changes a lot.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 12:38:52 PM »
I always refund if I misquote a higher amount more than a few $, especially on international shipping since it is so spendy. However with that being said....in all fairness, I lose my butt every time I ship something because of the high quality standards I chose to ship by. I use brand new water proof envelopes, bubble wrapped item inside a decorative bag, sometimes with a free gift for frequent buyers, not to mention the cost of shipping labels, ink, thank you stickers...yikes! Ya I way over spend but that is because i like to, I like the idea of my buyers feeling like they got a little present :) Makes it fun for us both. I usually don't say anything if i am overcharged for shipping just because I know what really goes into it cost wise, but if I am over charged a lot and my item is fragile and shipped in a cereal box with newspaper for padding I may throw a bit of a fit :/ not just because of the cost but because that is a crappy way to do it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal