collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EDIT: The gift option, rude or not? Previously: USA-UK Postal Delays?  (Read 2863 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: EDIT: The gift option, rude or not? Previously: USA-UK Postal Delays?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 01:04:15 AM »
i think it's fine to say no to the gift option if you don't feel comfortable with it.

i know when i'm picking things up for people over seas, and i'm only asking them to pay the cost of the item and shipping, i will ask them to pay the paypal fee for it as well, otherwise i am literally paying for them to get the item. more of a cost with overseas items because of the currency difference.
if they don't agree to that, then i will charge more for the item to cover the fees. or not get it for them at all. (of course no money is exchanged) you can always offer something like this in this kinda case, but if i'm are making a profit on it. i except to pay the fees. don't like it, but expect it. that's why i try not to sell small amount of stuff cuz the fees make it totally not worth it.

hope that helps. thanks.

also, if i'm buying from someone and the cost is under 5$ with shipping i send it as a gift, cuz it doesn't charge me, and if i lose 5$ it can be chalked up to a life lesson.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:08:26 AM by rosierjay »

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 04:18:39 AM »
I don't usually pay as a gift, I select gift to see what the fee is, then I add that onto my total and pay as 'goods and services'. That way, seller gets their fee, and I get buyer protection. Heck, sometimes I even round up!

Wow, that's a good idea...that way everyone wins!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »
I don't usually pay as a gift, I select gift to see what the fee is, then I add that onto my total and pay as 'goods and services'. That way, seller gets their fee, and I get buyer protection. Heck, sometimes I even round up!

Wow, that's a good idea...that way everyone wins!

Oooohhh that is a fabulous idea. Honestly if this thread wasn't here, I wouldn't have known about the lack of buyer protection paying one way vs the other. Thanks guys :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 01:25:28 PM »
Paypal is a service that one must pay for, just like any other service. It violates the TOS to ask a buyer to cover fees. That's the cost of using Paypal! I will send funds as a gift only if I know the seller and have done business with them before, but never for big ticket items ($100 or more). It's not rude to say no to paying fees; especially if the seller springs it on you at the last minute.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal