collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this worth $35? Odd situation on local for sale/trade site- UPDATE-drama! :)  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
  So, I'm a member of a local facebook for sale page in my hometown, and this G3 or G4 castle and ponies came up for 35, so I said I was interested and pm'd the seller.  Our site has strict rules about order- basically she who comments first gets first choice for 12 hours.  A few minutes later a guy came on and offered $50.  This is against the sight rules (it's not an auction site, and she posted '$35 for all').  Someone pointed out that this was against the rules and the guys was kind for snarky about but changed his offer down to $35.

From the pic it looks like 9 G3 ponies, 1 G3.5 and misc small plastic ones, plus a castle-can't tell if it's G3 or G4, etc.  Does it look like it's worth $35?  I was only interested in the ponies and if the guy hadn't been a bit of a jerk I might have let him have it, or split it- I would probably want to resell the castle, so someone has to pay shipping.  Now that he's been a pain I'm tempted to buy the whole thing, but this is also assuming the seller doesn't try to wrangle out of it to get her $50.   If I thought it was for kids and not collectors I would probably also pass- what do you guys think?

Quick thoughts would be appreciated!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

UPDATE:

So, the seller got back onto the thread and said she hadn't found my message (of course it went to the other folder, as we aren't friends) and that she'd as such made arrangements to sell the to $50 person.  I said that it went to her other folder and that per site rules she was supposed to give me 12 hours  (all things posted clearly on the site that you have to agree to to post there).  I also added that it was hard to compete with someone who offered $50 and tagged the admin to the site.

Seller then apologizes and offers to sell to me, assuring me she wasn't going to sell it for $50 and that she'll answer my pm questions in the morning. Ok... not sure I believe her but hey, maybe, and she's making it right.  I send her another question and say 'thanks for not backing out of the deal, I was really disappointed!' and feel kind of happy that I wasn't getting the short end of the stick, so to speak.

Then the $50 person hops back on to the thread telling me to "back off" the seller, and that neither of them knew the rules.  Person then comments again, apologizing to seller for 'the drama'.

So now I'm the jerk for insisting on the rules, I guess.  Part of me wants to back out since these ponies don't seem worth this, but I hate to let the bully win.  I'm just letting the nasty comment hang there for now and we'll see what the admin does tomorrow. 

Bleh  :crazy:

[moving to Trader Support ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:32:33 PM by hathorcat »

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I live in nz but here thats not a great deal, all the ponies are fairly common and playsets (well big ones) don't sell for much cause shipping is to high. I personally would only be inclined to pay $20 plus shipping.

BlondePonyTail

• Trade Count: (0)
That castle looks to be in GREAT condition... it is G3s Crystal Castle, and goes from $50-100+ in an in-person resell setting and sometimes WAY more than that online ( look it up on amazon!)

I say get the lot and sell the castle to make a profit, if you don't wan't it!

If you can find the 3 G3 ponies that came with the castle you may get a better price for it. They are: Crowning Glory, Pretty Palace and Royal Beauty ( also see if the wand that goes with that castle is included... it is not necessary for the castle to function though)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000EPFESY/ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible&qid=1375151270&sr=8-7
These are prices for USED Crystal Castles
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:26:04 PM by BlondePonyTail »

BigHicks1977

Well if the castle still works and has its wand then yes it is worth 35....the castle loose in good condition can go for anywhere between 50-75 with all the parts and ponies but if you only want the ponies than I say NO.....not worth that price......but you might sell the castle for that much on craigslist or back on the site you got it.....so go with your gut on this one.....I would get it ;)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
wholey cow, I am shocked. Really the castle sells for that. Ha get it then :  )

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
The problem that usually comes with buying the castle is that people generally have a hard time justifying the shipping price. It's very large and very heavy. I was lucky to get mine through Craigslist (and it came with some nice ponies, too). I got the castle, two of the ponies that came with the castle, a few G1s in okay condition, and a few more common G3 things for $20, but that's a stellar deal.

The Crystal Rainbow Castle is great for displaying ponies, so I guess it all comes down to how much you want it. :) If you don't care about the castle, then I think you're probably overpaying, unless you think you can resell it quickly.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
BPT is right, it's the G3 Crystal Castle, and it's quite popular (for a good reason, it's an awesome playset which I only realised after seeing it in person :P).

If you were interested in the castle, I'd say both $35 and $50 are good deals, Otherwise, I'd stick to $35 and then maybe offer to sell the castle to the jerky guy :P

plus, getting things in person is almost always a good deal because you don't have to pay shipping etc, so I say that if you can get it for $35, just go for it :)

edit, because typing in the darkness sucks! :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Found it on Ebay for 40 buy it now, but shipping is 18 and it doesn't come with the other stuff .  I didn't realize the castle would open with the wand- that is pretty cool!  We'll see if she still has it and I'll keep you guys posted-  thanks for all the help! :frolic:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Yes, the castle is collapsible, and it's pretty cool that you can extend it vertically without opening the wings, so if you don't have much space on the shelf, it's  great way to display ponies nevertheless :)

I was indifferent when I first saw it in the picture, but when I got it, the inner kid woke up in me and now I love it!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

BlondePonyTail

I JUST got this castle yesterday! And I LOVE it! and with all the levels it is GREAT to display ponies on! It's just so... PONY!

BigHicks1977

I JUST got this castle yesterday! And I LOVE it! and with all the levels it is GREAT to display ponies on! It's just so... PONY!
Thats crazy I just got this yesterday as well lol....oh wait.....thats right.....YOU STOLE IT FROM ME!!!!! lol

BlondePonyTail

Thats crazy I just got this yesterday as well lol....oh wait.....thats right.....YOU STOLE IT FROM ME!!!!! lol

:silly:  YOU bought it for ME!!! because you are the bestest man in the whole wide world and for some strange reason you love me! :) Although I could totally see it in your room with Spidey hanging from it or something

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Huh- now the seller is saying she already has a sale pending.  Figures!  Ah well, let someone overpay, I guess  :huh:

BlondePonyTail

Well that stinks! I'm sorry Rahda!

BigHicks1977

:silly:  YOU bought it for ME!!! because you are the bestest man in the whole wide world and for some strange reason you love me! :) Although I could totally see it in your room with Spidey hanging from it or something
One day The Hulk and Pinkie Pie will get married and have a baby.....And dont make that baby happy cuz you wont like her when she is HAPPY lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal