collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - NanoRuby!  (Read 171 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - NanoRuby!
« on: April 21, 2023, 09:19:29 AM »
This week I spoke with NanoRuby.

Personal Interview-

Where did you get your user name? In middle school we learned about nano diamonds in one of my science classes. I thought they were super cool and loved rubies at the time, so I picked NanoRuby as a username for something and it just stuck!

How old are you? I'm 20, turning 21 in a couple of months.

Do you go to school or work? I currently work in a print shop, but might take some more classes later this year

What are your hobbies? Aside from ponies I like playing video games, drawing and learning about paleontology.

Do you have any pets? Yes, two brown tabby cats named Zelda and Buddy!

Do you collect anything other than ponies? Pokemon cards, Wade Whismsies, those little HTTYD blind bag figures, Breyers, Filly figures, Bella Sara merch and scientifically accurate dinosaur toys/figures are all things I have small collections of. I try to stick mostly to mlp though, because otherwise I'd be broke ^^;

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies? I've been getting ponies since I was little in the early 2000s, but only properly started collecting them just before the start of the pandemic

Why did you start collecting ponies? Part nostalgia, partly because I wanted something new to collect and the history of mlp just fascinated me!

Who is your favorite pony and why? I love tons, but if I had to pick just one then probably G3 Minty. I have lots of nostalgia for her, I love her design and I just think she's very cute!

Who is your least favorite pony and why? I've tried to like the BBE ponies, I just can't, they look... off. I wish they all had common NBBE versions though because the basic designs are all cute.

Who is your favorite pony from another country? Argentinian Baby Sparkler and the earth pony Star Swirl from G4

Who is your favorite fakie? I have a soft spot for Concerned Pony. Maybe I find her relatable ^^

Who was your first pony? Glitter Glide, given to me by my uncle when I was very young. I still have her!

What pony did you get recently? Movie Star Gusty, with the painted symbols and green eyes!

What is your favorite generation? Legitimately can't pick, I love them all for different reasons ^^ In terms of just toys, then maybe G3 by a very slight margin.

What is your favorite part about collecting? I love learning about obscure pony merch, and seeing my ponies all lined up. It's just very satisfying!

How big is your collection? A few hundred I think, give or take depending on whether you want to count things like minifigs and plushes and whatnot

What do your friends and family think about your collection? I don't know if they get it, but they're all pretty supportive, and several people I know look out for pony stuff for me.

Do you still play with your ponies? Not really, but sometimes I like to set them up and display them with accessories.

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!? Rapunzel. Do people really like her that much, or do they just want her because they heard she was rare and valuable?

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why? I might go for something cool like G4 Rainbow Dash's. I have legitimatly considered getting a G3 hoof-heart style tattoo on my leg before, but I have a super low pain tolerance.

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why? There are tons I'd love to see, but maybe Applejack in G2. It bothers me that there's a version of her in every generation except for that one! (not counting Bright Bramley)

What has been the worst part about collecting? I really need to learn to save money more...

What is your ultimate collecting goal? To get every single Minty toy and piece of merch ever made. Not a goal I expect to achieve, but it's there  ^.^

What is your biggest collecting regret? I missed out on the last main line Minty brushable I need because I thought her price was too high and I haven't found her since >_<

Who is your grail pony and why? Tux 'n Tails, Argentinian Baby Sparkler and the prototype G4 Minty
Do you have it? Tux I have, the other two not yet.

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies? Loose, I love being able to hold them and comb their hair! Plus they take up way less space.

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get? Starbeam from G3, who is super cute!

Are you a customizer? Occasionally, but not often
Would you ever be? I would love to get into it more, but my anxiety stops me. Maybe someday.

What do you think of custom ponies? I love them! The creativity in the community is fantastic ^^

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion? I'm not that picky about pony condition. The only thing I wouldn't usually accept is lots of permenant pen marks on the body, but even then some ponies in my collection do have that

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie? Depends but probably a bait.

Do you watch pony shows/movies? Yes!
Which ones? All of them!

Do you read pony comics? No, but I would love to get into the G4 and G5 comics, and get some G1 UK comics someday

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would make toys for different G5 characters."

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know that there were so many international exclusives and variants!"

"I think the most underappreciated pony is G1 Bowtie because she's super simple but super cute."

"I think more ponies should have been unicorns in G3."

"I don't like Newborn Cuties because look at them...."

"I love Basic Fun's retro pony stuff because it really seems like they're putting their all into it."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - NanoRuby!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »
Lovely interview Nano!!! You sound like fun!!!
"Aww look, Ponies!!! Super cute!!!"  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 05:34:44 PM »
 :) It was nice to read a good and interesting interview and get to know NanoRuby a little better! :good:
:zzz:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 07:41:15 AM »
fun to read :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 06:12:25 PM »
I'm glad people enjoyed it, it was very fun to do ^^

And thank you BC for the opportunity!

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist