collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93160 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1080 on: October 26, 2023, 05:12:07 AM »
I lost 2 more nails.  :(  I don't think I'm being rough with them or anything.  They're supposed to last about 6 weeks.  We have to pay for them too now as we're past the guaranteed date.  My mom said she'll pay for the salon to fix them this time, but not next time.

BC, I hope you feel better soon.

Ponyfan

What kind of nails are they? I used to have gel nails for a while before I lost hours and couldn't afford it. First time I had them, she added little tips at the end of my original nails and we went Segwaying two days after and I hit a bump and fell over. My thumb nail took a huge hit, but the nail stayed. I would have thought the tip would break loose but nothing. It was hard as rock.

My cold took a turn for the worse yesterday and I woke up super early today of me drooling down my pillow and a knife blade in my throat. It's not hurting now, but it feels like it's full of carbonated water or something. Such a weird feeling.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1081 on: October 26, 2023, 05:22:41 AM »
I've only ever worn monster claws on my nails :lol: I used that prop putty they use in movies and stuff, it was very difficult to get them off.

My allergies are still bad. I did make a little money so I can buy something, I'm just not sure what. I don't want antihistamine because they knock me out, even the ones that claim they are non drowsy. I'm temped to get the old standby Sudafed but the one behind the counter... I don't think you can buy that online since you need to show your ID and all. Ugh, I don't know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 26, 2023, 04:09:25 PM »

What kind of nails are they? I used to have gel nails for a while before I lost hours and couldn't afford it. First time I had them, she added little tips at the end of my original nails and we went Segwaying two days after and I hit a bump and fell over. My thumb nail took a huge hit, but the nail stayed. I would have thought the tip would break loose but nothing. It was hard as rock.

My cold took a turn for the worse yesterday and I woke up super early today of me drooling down my pillow and a knife blade in my throat. It's not hurting now, but it feels like it's full of carbonated water or something. Such a weird feeling.

They're Gel X nails.  My mom wanted her nails done for Mother's Day and was so happy with them that she's had them done 2 more times.  The last time we had them done together.  This was the 3rd time I've had to go back and get my nails fixed in 2 1/2 weeks.  When I went in today, the receptionist asked me some questions about my nails and said they wouldn't charge today since I'd been having trouble with them.  They also said they would use a different primer and see if that would help.  My nail tech said that it actually happens a lot and they sometimes have to try different things to find out what works for each person.   I didn't expect the salon not to charge today.  I was willing to pay for the 2 nails.  There was a little confusion on what I wanted though.  The receptionist asked me if I wanted my whole hand redone and I told her that I just wanted the 2 nails that had come off replaced.  Then my nail tech asked if I wanted my real nails painted with the same polish that was used on my gel nails.  I told her I wanted the nails to all look the same so he had to get the box of nails from the back.

I hope you feel better soon.

BC, I'm sorry you're suffering with allergies.  I take Zyrtec for mine.  It seems to make me sleepy though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1083 on: October 26, 2023, 06:21:00 PM »
I was able to get Sudafed PE online after all. It finally took my headache away. It must have been from sinus pressure. My ears feel better too.

My complaint right now is people smoking weed somewhere nearby and the smell wafting into my windows. I'd rather smell a real skunk, thanks.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 26, 2023, 07:24:26 PM »
I was able to get Sudafed PE online after all. It finally took my headache away. It must have been from sinus pressure. My ears feel better too.

My complaint right now is people smoking weed somewhere nearby and the smell wafting into my windows. I'd rather smell a real skunk, thanks.
thats awesome! and as someone who came from a drunk + high 24/7 dad i know that smell too well 😭😭 i could always smell it in his car growing up but didnt know what it was then lol
i hope the wind takes it away from you!

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1085 on: October 27, 2023, 05:55:00 AM »
The stupid thing is that although medical weed is legal in Florida, it's not allowed on the complex grounds. I live directly across the street from the office. So these people hang out on the street or in their cars and smoke RIGHT THERE. Like, how special are you? Just break the rules in front of the office because they don't apply to you, right? Pffffft.

This mornings complaint is I gagged on my medicine :( This happens sometimes and I don't know what causes it. I think it's psychological. I have to take A LOT of pills. Like 20, every morning. I take them in small groups. Normally I don't have a problem but once in a while, I just gag and cough and sometimes spit them up. It makes my throat hurt too. That was this morning.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1086 on: October 27, 2023, 08:50:58 AM »
ugh that skunk smell is the worst. i used to smell it when i lived in apartments. it took me a while to figure out that it wasn't actually a skunk.

today is just ugh so far. i'm glad it's friday.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 27, 2023, 03:19:53 PM »
I don't want to go in to all of the details right now, but today hasn't turned out like I thought it would.   I feel like I just want to cry, but I can't because it will upset my parents.  The thing that started all of this too should have been something  that was exciting.  Instead it's turned in to an all day ordeal that's taking a lot longer than it should.

On top of all that, I've been telling my mom that I wanted to get a Halloween bucket from McDonald's since they started the promotion. The McDonald's we went today ran out. 

Also, something my dad needed hasn't arrived yet.  It was supposed to come today.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1088 on: October 27, 2023, 03:33:50 PM »
I'm so thirsty. I ordered a bunch of things to drink from Walmart. One of them was a four pack of Vanilla Nitro Pepsi. My delivery driver dropped it down the stairs and two of the cans opened and sprayed soda all over. She apologized and said she would get another pack and bring it to me no charge. She had a lot of heavy things to carry so it was okay, I wasn't mad. The only thing is now ants and other sweets loving insects are going to be all over the staircase and the side of building where the soda sprayed.

Someone shot a gun in the parking lot at the Walmart by my parents house, where we used to do all our shopping. My dad would go almost everyday to get fresh veggies and check his blood pressure. When I saw the news about it, it made me think of my dad and how that could have happened while he was there. He had really bad road rage for a while and this incident started as that. Two guys were arguing and one shot at the others car and fled. An off duty police officer from another county was there and he caught the guy. It just made me think how lucky my dad, and sister really, she had a bad attitude and would go off on people, how lucky they were no one ever pulled a gun on them. You can't trust anyone anywhere.

On the Neighborhood app people around here are saying there's been a coyote roaming the streets at night. I haven't seen it, but I worry about the cat that's out there.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1089 on: October 28, 2023, 06:39:02 AM »
I am getting so sick and tired of this cold! It's the third week now and it wont budge! Yesterday I started coughing as well! We were supposed to go to the movies tonight and tomorrow but I'm too out of it to do anything. I hate it!

Oh, and one of the managers are leaving and yesterday they had a good bye fika at work, witch cakes and treats.. and I couldn't go. I came in right before my shift started and there were cake left but I knew I wouldn't feel the taste so I skipped it. They had two Halloween themed buckets filled candy as well, but no. :(

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1090 on: October 28, 2023, 09:10:44 AM »
I'm sorry you're still sick :(

Someone stole my Amazon package! :mad: The driver left it on the bottom of my stairs and when I went to get it, it was gone! It was just electrolyte water, but still. I hope whoever took it was disappointed.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 28, 2023, 07:29:30 PM »
Beldarna, I'm sorry you're still sick and had to miss out on all the fun! :sad: A cold is really annoying and long-lasting!  >_< I still have a cough that causes pain in my chest and left side. :(

BC, Oh, what an outrageous act from someone! :whoa: Fortunately, no expensive treasure ended up as loot, but it's still a bad thing, because those waters have cost you something! :mad:

:zzz:

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 28, 2023, 10:49:31 PM »
ive been dealing with stomachaches all week, and i dont know why.. maybe something i ate? i dont know i threw up one night and it just kept sticking around. i really hate it, it hurts a lot. i dont think we have medicine for it either
it could also be period cramps, when i get them i get them HARD
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 12:04:18 AM by cowboyopossum »

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1093 on: October 29, 2023, 06:05:22 AM »
^ Do you have any baking soda? You can dissolve some in warm water and drink that, it might help if it's a stomach ache.

HoM - The case cost $13. I talked to the Amazon chatbot and I can get a replacement tomorrow. They wait 48 hours for the package to appear in cases where it's delivered to the wrong place.

My complaint is I had to shut my windows and turn the AC on again. The outside temp is fine but there's so much humidity, I was sweating just sitting playing a game and everything in the house feels moist. It will help my and Aster's allergies too. I did enjoy the fresh air and breeze :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 29, 2023, 03:38:14 PM »
I started to post some of this last night, but I hit the wrong button and erased everything I'd written and didn't have the energy to retype everything. 

Beldarna and cowboyopossum, I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

BC, I'm sorry your Amazon package was stolen. 

I just got my nails fixed again on Thursday.  Yesterday I felt my pinkie nail catch on something right before it came off.  Then while I was sitting on the couch, I lost another nail on the same hand.  Today I lost one on my other hand. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I had them done so I'm assuming that's the reason some are starting to fall off.  I wish they would have lasted a little longer though.  I feel like I didn't get to enjoy them being perfect as long as I should have since I had to keep getting nails redone.  I really don't want to ask for the nail salon to redo them again for the 4th time.

My dad was being difficult about his sleep study test last night.  I know they're not fun.  This one was different because he has to use an app.  My mom was keeping the instructions so my dad wouldn't lose them.  My dad didn't seem to understand that you had to log in to the app and get everything set up before the sleep study test would start. 

When my mom asks him to repeat something he gets really loud and over enunciates each word. 

I shouldn't be surprised since almost every other streaming service has gone up, but Netflix is going up too.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal