collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I said, "Just ONE! ONE!" + doll question...  (Read 412 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
I said, "Just ONE! ONE!" + doll question...
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
So...  I grabbed MH Rochelle on impulse about a month ago.  Haven't been inspired to do much with her...  clothing patterns seem daunting and I don't have much sewing time anyway.  Didn't like any of the fashion packs I kept seeing. 

One day my husband and I went to a different TRU - they had Spectra's fashion pack and LOTS of dolls.  Spectra's chain dress looks awesome on Rochelle!  And somehow, Skull Shores Lagoona came home with me.  She's still in her box, though, as I've always wanted a Lagoona but now that I have her, I am kind of clueless as to WHAT to do with her. 

I don't really get all excited about dressing them up and taking photos of them like I thought I would.   Now they are both sitting on a shelf  collecting dust.  Ideas, anyone?
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: I said, "Just ONE! ONE!" + doll question...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
Well, how do you feel about them? Do you like them? Personally, I was a bit 'meh' about Rochelle until I lopped her hair off...

029 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
Maybe all you need to do is get your dolls out of their clothing, and buy them something new! Even though you don't like sewing or the fashion packs, there's a ton of wonderful MH stuff on Etsy!

And maybe you could make jewerly for them, create rooms they can live in, you could even draw them! Perhaps you could try your hand at customizing? :3
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
*grabby hands* sell lagoona to me XD
that's what you need to do!

Its ok to just have them on display :)   I have all of my draculaura's lined up on my doll shelf and they just stand there. I don't see anything wrong with that ^___^

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »
Most of my dolls stay in cabinets. I do make stuff every once in a while, but photostories and shoots aren't for me either.  :drunk:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
I feel the same way lately... Sort of. I love all my dolls, but lately I've been almost consistently ill every day, not to mention recovering from surgery and have no motivation to do anything with them. My darling little pullip still has her stock wig even though I said months ago I'd buy a new one, my ponies are collecting dust and my MH girls have been standing/sitting in the same spots for quite some time, looking as unmotivated as I am. The most I've done is straighten Rochelle's hair and remove some glue seepage, put Lagoona in DT Lala's outfit, dress "faux" Rochelle in fearleading Ghoulia's stock and take Spectra's shades and put them on her head. I'm hoping to get out of this "sick month" soon, but I just feel so bad that they're all abandoned for the time being. Maybe I'll splurge a little bit on Etsy and find them all something pretty to wear. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »
Werd. My Disney dolls were simply de-boxed and put on some stands. Now they sit atop one of my giant bookcases and look pretty for me while I work in the hobby room. :)

If I get MH I may change their outfit once a month for the fun of it, but I'm not positive I'll get into photographing them (but I do love photography and now hubbs is a pro at it so it's a great excuse to make him teach me) and I can't sew, so I won't be hand-making any outfits.

I buy my collectibles based almost entirely on aesthetics. I think if you like your girls the way they are and you don't really want to play with them, put them up in their stands and enjoy seeing them there, being all pretty and stuff.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »
i second the disply thing. I don't really play with my dolls.
Most of mine are MIB, But i love to look at them and have them on dispaly :)  Nothing wrong with that ! I think the MH dolls are beautiful !

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 06:59:59 AM »
I also have mine mostly on display. I just love to watch them.

Adoptable made by me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal