collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides ponies?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Do you collect other things besides ponies?
« on: January 03, 2024, 09:44:23 AM »
Hello everybody! Well, I've been a collector for many years and I don't just collect Ponies, I have a huge collection of Ponies and other things like Comics, Figures, Mangas, Dolls, VHS Tapes, Funko Pop and Cassette Tapes!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

generally I only collect things from franchises that I'm a fan of!! I have several comics, action figures and funko pop of Loki (Marvel Character) of Superboy (Superman's teenage clone) and also several of these items from Jojo Bizarre adventure, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sailor Moon, W.i.t.c.h, Lore Olympus and Sakura Card Captors coming out of my comic collections I collect Dolls from Bratz, Winx Club, Trollz and My Scene and also VHS tapes of Disney films and films that I like from the 80s and 90s and also cassette tapes of Måneskin, Prince, Queen, Rolling Stones, Billie Eilish, Kiss and Nirvana. I also collect some stuff related to Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake!! Well, some of the things I mentioned I intend to buy this month!

Now I want to know from you in this community what you collect besides My Little Pony!! Do you collect Barbie, Monster High, Vinyl Records, Books, Stamps, Crystals, Rainbow High or Stationery? Soon I'll take photos of my collections (including the pony ones) and post them here for you to see! Well, if anyone wants to post photos of what they collect, I would love to see them here! see you later!

Now I want to know from you in this community what you collect besides My Little Pony!! Do you collect Barbie, Monster High, Vinyl Records, Books, Stamps, Crystals, Rainbow High or Stationery? Soon I'll take photos of my collections (including the pony ones) and post them here for you to see! Well, if anyone wants to post photos of what they collect, I would love to see them here! see you later!

I post the items I collect on my Instagram @2003pony if you want to follow them there! There are more photos of my Ponies than the other items!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Do you collect other things besides ponies?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 10:23:14 AM »
The main thing I collect besides MLP is Lion King merchandise. I also collect dragons and realistic animal figures. My collecting in general has slowed down a lot in recent years but I really like what I have^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 10:27:35 AM »
The main thing I collect besides MLP is Lion King merchandise. I also collect dragons and realistic animal figures. My collecting in general has slowed down a lot in recent years but I really like what I have^^
My God, I also collect things related to the Lion King, which is my favorite film, I have the VHS, DVD, Blu-ray tapes and also plush toys and Funko Pop!! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who loves this movie!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 12:43:34 PM »
Mostly 1980s toys & plushies, especially plushie sharkies!!!
Also I love world-building in multiple senses, so I collect accessories to go with the Ponies & their Friends
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 01:14:59 PM »
I have a doll collection.  It's basically a little bit of all kinds of dolls.

The other thing I could be said to collect is books.  I just want to read them though.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 01:48:45 PM »
Books? I collect every whisker I find that's come loose from our cats! I keep them in a ziplock bag.

I used to collect all the Disney movies on Blueray/DVD but then Disney+ happened. I also used to collect five crowns printed 1984 but now all those coins are replaced by new ones since a few years back. I also used to collect tencrowns but with the exchange of new prints I put those in my savings account instead. We're mostly a cashless society nowadays so collecting modern coins like that feels stupid.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 07:19:05 PM »
Rainbow High

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 09:56:37 PM »
Besides ponies, my main toyline to collect is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures and some merch pieces (mostly from the new movie, Mutant Mayhem, although I grew up with the Playmates toys 87 turtles).

I have other collections too:
-Dinosaur toys/action figures (Darling Dinosaurs, Jurassic Park by Kenner, Primal Rage, Dino Riders, Definitely Dinosaurs, Beasts of the Mesozoic)
-Trolls (just the new Dreamworks ones, I have no idea if my sister still has her Treasure Trolls but I might collect them again)
-Just one Barbie--Paleontologist Barbie

I used to collect Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, Breyer horses, and other figures--I've had to cut down my collections to survive, sadly. I might recollect some LPS I had in childhood again, the ones from the 90s.

The vast majority of my toy collecting has been narrowed down to MLP, TMNT and dinosaurs.

Of course, this doesn't include my rock and mineral collection...nor some of my currency/coins from theme parks and other countries/US states! :) Nor my DVDs, VHS tapes, and my bookcase full of dinosaur books!

I used to collect stamps as a kid...I just have some Gurche dinosaur stamps somewhere, that's it.

I blame my dad for collecting stuff. ;_; (RIP, dad)

It's fun to read what you all collect! :)

PS: My YouTube channel has videos where I show off my Turtles collection! Feel free to check out my vids! :)
https://www.youtube.com/bambiraptor9
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 10:00:05 PM by ChocolateStarfire »
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 10:32:10 AM »
I collect Monster High and candles. If you’re interested, I have some pics on ig @shejustgotwhat

And Beldarna, that’s so funny. I have a small whisker collection too. Potion ingredients. Muahaha :sly: *steeples fingertips*
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 09:31:38 AM »
I collect a lot of things and I always have. I'm very short on money these days though so only some of my collections are active.

I collect video games and sometimes get around to actually playing them :P I tend to stick with the same ones instead of trying something newer, but I take advantage of sales so I have new ones coming in a lot. I also have a console collection. I have every major console except the N64, PS5 and Switch. I never had an N64 growing up so there's no nostalgic ties to it and I played most of its games on emulation. No money for other two.

I collect gemstones, rocks, fossils and skulls/bones along with other organic things like beetle shells and horns and teeth. I just found a local seller with fantastic prices, so I'm excited to add a few things.

Books, though I haven't bought one in a while.

DVDs. The last ones I bought were Them! and Drumline

Plants? I'm becoming quite the greenthumb. Right now I have 9 indoor plants and a few succulents.

Other collections include CDs, Kenner Littlest Pet Shop, Alien and horror figures, African masks, candles, fluffy blankets, craft supplies, empty containers to put craft supplies in...

I have to check myself because I do have some hoarder tendencies. There's a fine line between collecting and hoarding.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2024, 11:25:25 AM »
Lots of things!

- Daenerys Targaryen collectables, love my Queen! I also tend to get things that have the Targaryen sigil on them.

- Pin badges, a minor hobby that I used to have as a child that I'm indulging in again. LGBT and Vaporeon pins are parts of that.

- Vaporeon things! My favourite Pokémon, now that more merch is out for her, I'm getting more.

- FNAF Funkos, and some Roxanne 'Roxy' Wolf merch like plushies as well since she's one of my two favourites (the other is The Mangle).

= German Shepherd cuddly toys. It was rare to find them growing up, so now when I can, I get them.

- DC Bombshell Batwoman, because she's the BEST Bombshell!

- A certain character from a certain video game.

- Monster High, Once Upon a Zombie and Mermaze!

- I buy things with cockatiels on them whenever I can lol

- I have a good collection of true crime documentary DVDs. You'll take DVDs from my cold, undead claws!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2024, 10:22:10 PM »
You'll take DVDs from my cold, undead claws!

:haha:

Glad I feel the same way!

I collect gemstones, rocks, fossils and skulls/bones along with other organic things like beetle shells and horns and teeth. I just found a local seller with fantastic prices, so I'm excited to add a few things.

Nice! We collect the same stuff!  ^.^

I have to check myself because I do have some hoarder tendencies. There's a fine line between collecting and hoarding.

I...feel this in my soul.  :yikes:
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2024, 11:49:29 AM »
Books! I love looking for books in second-hand bookstores and at fleamarkets. I particularly like horse stories for children and young adults, as well as YA fiction in general. Given that I speak four languages to the level where I can read books in them (English, German, Dutch and French), that makes for a nice collection.

It's always lovely to discover that books that I enjoyed reading in one language have been translated into another one that I speak. To give just two examples, the "Saddle Club" books and its spin-off series, which I'm sure many of you will be familiar with, have very successfully been translated into French (which is particularly nice because the English books are somewhat difficult to find over here, and only a fraction were translated into German), and the "Bille und Zottel" books, a very successful German series, have been translated into Dutch (as well as into French, but I haven't managed to get one of them yet). I love comparing translations, see how the translator dealt with national specialities and so on. It's so interesting.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2024, 04:03:28 PM »
Not to be too serious if you don’t want to discuss but I read something once about the difference between a hoard and a collection that stuck with me.
It was: A collection is organized, clean, and every item has a place that doesn’t interfere with the function of the room it’s in. (I.e. if things are stacked up on a sofa and the sofa can no longer be used to sit on, etc.)
While i trend toward the opposite; throwing out things I probably should’ve kept, and not buying things I like because I get anxiety about whether the space they take up and upkeep is worth their usefulness, I find people’s relationship with spaces and “stuff” interesting. I like hearing about and seeing what other people collect.  ^.^

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2024, 07:31:57 PM »
Besides MLP, I collect

-fashion dolls (a variety of lines)
-Furby
-Shopkins
-anime/game figures
-Di Gi Charat & other Koge-Donbo* merchandise
-PUI PUI Molcar merchandise
-Kirby merchandise
-Sanrio merchandise
-music (mostly CDs)