collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Graphics Card Recommendations?  (Read 345 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Graphics Card Recommendations?
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »
I've had my desktop for about 3 years now, and I really don't want to put off getting a new graphics card much longer.  I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for a good graphics card.  If you work with any kind of 3D software, that would be a huge plus, since the biggest reason I want to upgrade is that the drafting software I'm using is very sluggish when I'm making something more complex.  If you play a lot of video games, you can help too, since if it can handle some of the more detailed games out there, it can definitely handle my more complicated models.  I'm also not looking to spend more than $200 on it, but if what I need is more than that, I can be a little flexible.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics Card Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:10 AM »
this is my favorite site to check out graphics cards:
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

I play (or, played) a lot of Sims 3 and wanted a much higher end graphics card than I was getting with laptops. I ended up with a full size gaming tower (did NOT realize the size of that thing!!!) and a NVIDIA card. I LOVE IT! but, It was much more than $200....I haven't looked in a few years, but I think the site can help you a *lot* with regard to finding what you're looking for in the price range you're looking for.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:53:56 AM »
this is my favorite site to check out graphics cards:
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

I play (or, played) a lot of Sims 3 and wanted a much higher end graphics card than I was getting with laptops. I ended up with a full size gaming tower (did NOT realize the size of that thing!!!) and a NVIDIA card. I LOVE IT! but, It was much more than $200....I haven't looked in a few years, but I think the site can help you a *lot* with regard to finding what you're looking for in the price range you're looking for.

It's ridiculous how much you have to pay to run The Sims 3 smoothly! It's supposed to be a "low-end" game, but as I would know, the game runs horribly if you don't get those specs up way beyond the requirements. While that's probably true on any game, I just couldn't believe how much I had to pay to get a PC that could play it properly. =/

Anyway, I'm sorry, this is off-topic. I do not know much about 3D modeling. But I do know that you most definitely want to go NVidia GTX 750 Ti or better. I went with the Radeon card which is one step higher (R9 270x).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:22:58 AM »
hum..

I know I needed something that would keep up with gaming--but also the massive files I work with in photoshop.

Im not really remembering anything you can get for under $200 that is relatively new and will do what you want though.  Im pretty sure I have a 600 or 700 series in mine (im too lazy to check..so sue me!) but that going ot be obsolete soon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal