collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay  (Read 11622 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »
ALl of my want. Very expensive, but great birthday gift.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »
I'm tempted to pre-order from TRU's site since I don't have a local store, but I'm worried they'll send me one with factory defects (misaligned eyes, paint smudges, etc) because it's happened in the past when I've ordered directly from Hasbro (last year's SDCC pony for example) and I don't think TRU would be any better as far as checking for quality. I could care less about the Pinkie and RD in the set since I have them, but the others I'd want to be perfect, even the ones I don't want to keep since I'm intending on using them in trades. I'd probably be better off finding another Arena member to pick up the set for me, debox and ship it to me.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Ohmigosh :D

Me wants!  :shocked:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 09:58:54 AM »
Might just be a combination of tiny pic + netbook, but do RD and Pinkie's symbols look different?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
Who is that yellow pony? I don't recognize them.

Post Merge: June 22, 2012, 09:59:56 AM

Might just be a combination of tiny pic + netbook, but do RD and Pinkie's symbols look different?

They look ... glittery?

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

ScarletSeraph

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »
Nothing like going to the moon and crashing violently down in the space of one thread. ~_~

As much as I hate the constant release and re-release of the same ponies, I almost wish this had been another 'Mane Cast' set, because at least if there'd been an Applejack, I probably could have gotten my mother to split it with me...but as it stands now, that amounts to $40 for one pony for me (since I'm only interested in Nightmare Moon), plus the cost of driving 40 miles to TRU (or having it shipped), and that is really hard to justify , even if we had an extra $40-50 lying around to spend on something like that to begin with). I would have been willing to pay more than a standard pony to get her as a single, but now I don't know if I'll be able to at all.

(If they really wanted to get the royalty/villain collectors lined up and frothing outside the store, they should release a set with White Celestia, Luna, Nightmare Moon, Cadence, Shining Armour, and maybe if they really loved us - ha - Queen Chrysalis. That would be worth $40 to me. That would actually be worth more than $40 to me.)

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 10:03:42 AM »
Yup, shipping this to Europe will be expensive and a pain...I better save up a bit.
But the box looks great! This doesn't happen often to me but i almost wonder if i should just keep them MIB. O.O

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
Yup, shipping this to Europe will be expensive and a pain...I better save up a bit.
But the box looks great! This doesn't happen often to me but i almost wonder if i should just keep them MIB. O.O

This, I don't think I'd take them out of the box, the box looks amazing, and I love the color scheme going on there. <3

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
If you can get to a store to get one, $39.99 is a great price for what you're getting. I mean come on didn't they try to charge us this much for that "castle" play set at Target that had 2 ponies and a bunch of recycled G3 accessories? This is 7 ponies, 5 new and it includes nightmare moon who is bigger and more elaborate than the others. That's $5.71 a pony, which is only a little bit over retail for the singles. And it is specifically toted as a collector's set, yet they haven't made it stupidly expensive because of that fact which they definitely could have.

I'm very much looking forward to this set personally, and I love the box art! Can't decide if I want regular release single trixie now though since the only difference is symbol glitter.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
I thought I would be more excited to see them. what's wrong with me!

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
Nothing like going to the moon and crashing violently down in the space of one thread. ~_~

As much as I hate the constant release and re-release of the same ponies, I almost wish this had been another 'Mane Cast' set, because at least if there'd been an Applejack, I probably could have gotten my mother to split it with me...but as it stands now, that amounts to $40 for one pony for me (since I'm only interested in Nightmare Moon), plus the cost of driving 40 miles to TRU (or having it shipped), and that is really hard to justify , even if we had an extra $40-50 lying around to spend on something like that to begin with). I would have been willing to pay more than a standard pony to get her as a single, but now I don't know if I'll be able to at all.

(If they really wanted to get the royalty/villain collectors lined up and frothing outside the store, they should release a set with White Celestia, Luna, Nightmare Moon, Cadence, Shining Armour, and maybe if they really loved us - ha - Queen Chrysalis. That would be worth $40 to me. That would actually be worth more than $40 to me.)
Buy a NMM on eBay by herself?
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »
What a time to be tempted...!! I hope this set will have alot of them in stores for when I can get some birthday money. This set is super exciting. :)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
Nice!!!  I'll probably pre-order the week after next when I get paid.  I really would like that Nightmare Moon.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:52 AM »
Not happy about RD and Pinkie being in there, but who am I to complain... I doubt I will get the set myself though... I rarely spend that much on ponies x.x
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 10:49:12 AM »
I thought I would be more excited to see them. what's wrong with me!

Nothing's wrong with you. :) I feel the same way for some strange reason.  :huh:

Maybe I feel that way because I expected to see Zecora not Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in there.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal