collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65550 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #495 on: December 02, 2022, 07:53:50 PM »
Well, I had a go doing sewing on the first two things, & I'm keeping the rest in another box so I don't lose any more of them. The done ones are in the going-to-post box. Dressed more G2s & wondered about one I hadn't encountered yet. He's in with the lot of G2s I haven't dressed yet!!! And there are a couple of things I need in addition for the same area... AAARRRGGGHHH!!! But I'll wait until all the catch-up knitting & sewing is done (catch-up knitting being to replace the things I lost). Meanwhile, I have coffee beans, a manual grinder, & a cafetiere, so having a go at grinding the beans with the grinder. It's going well so far, as I just grind while watching the screen & it gets done!!! I like it as it has a long handle so more leverage. My hand holding the grinder suffers more than the one turning the handle!!!
As I dressed the G2s I noticed my Hip Holly is a little sticky, but she's always had that issue & she came to me MIP. (these days I don't buy MIP if I can help it of course).

Artie it's weird how that only happens with actual pen or pencil writing. In my case it's due to my dyslexia so I've always had to think about my writing, which puts my full focus on it. That kind of solidifies things in my brain too. I hope you're keeping well xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #496 on: December 03, 2022, 05:01:01 AM »
Artie, you're right. When you physically write things down you do remember them better. Also when you read from a real book, or paper, as opposed to a screen. I'm just lazy, and my handwriting is terrible anyway :P

I got more artwork done yesterday :cheer:

The pony I thought I finished, I went back and wiped the symbol and tried again after some practice. Looks much better now :) I think I've also found a bait prepper! She hasn't replied to my last message yet, but it seems she's willing. I also found some free for commercial use designs to make my own mini books, which I'm really happy about!

I need money! I'm hoping my dad will put my monthly allowance in my account on Monday. I think my mom will do hers today. She wants her checkbook when my niece and I visit later. Is the bank open on Saturdays? ...ah, the drive thru is open till noon. My niece won't be up by then. Darn. Things I need to get are on sale again. I'm going to miss it again. I did make $10 yesterday, but that's not enough :P

Today it's more artwork, then visiting my mom later. I wanted to bake cookies for her, but the dough needs to chill for three hours. I don't know if I can make it in time...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 05, 2022, 02:17:09 AM »
I finished the catch-up knitting!!! And I forgot to say my tree is up now, with its new LED lights. 100 was plenty enough for my tree so we're good there yaiy!!!
With everything else I'm procrastination central, but that has to change. I need to wash my mask for tomorrow again, I need to sort the laundry out. And soon I'll need dishes & more baking done (I do love cinnamon rolls).

BC I hope you get your medication sorted, & glad at least you got some things done too!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #498 on: December 05, 2022, 05:27:53 AM »
Hay all, thank you PBW I'm doing well,  officially finished work on Friday and hopefully will have a few weeks until we see our squeaky new human being.

So tired though! I have sent husband out to do the gardening that we should be doing together but I'm too tired. We are planting apple trees today. Normally I would have liked doing these things mysef. But I'm struggling to get up and have a shower myself today. I have a lot of elastic to get into before I can potter about in upright fashion. I will have a lot better understanding of limited mobility after this. I like to watch Gardener's World because it takes my brain throught the motion of doing something active while I'm resting.

I just followed up on two email complaints that I made about three months ago but recieved no reply to! It turns out that sending emails is pretty pointless compared to speaking to a person. I got one conversation of sympathy about being harassed by a dog (long story), which isn't much, but sympathy is appreciated, I can be happy with that. The other complaint was about a broken thing and the Tate Modern shop immediately offered me a replacement. So that's a good thing too since it cost about £30.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #499 on: December 05, 2022, 05:36:26 AM »
Today I have phone calls to make and cookies to bake :lol:

I got some more miniatures done yesterday, but I want to make a whole set so I'll be working on those today too. I actually got some decent sleep and woke up at my normal time, not 4am which I was doing for a few days. The kitchen and bathroom are a mess. I need to clean them before I start my artwork.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #500 on: December 05, 2022, 06:11:12 AM »
hoping to take my dog to the vet. she still isn't feeling well :(

Update: no appointments until tomorrow so i'll have to wait. she ate some tortilla and her softer treats. she just doesn't really have energy. she's alert and wags her tail some. and is going outside with no issues really. she went over to the fence to see the neighbor dogs. but she's still not eating as much as normal. Luna is concerned that her buddy doesn't want to play.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:18:51 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 05, 2022, 05:14:37 PM »
I finished the catch-up knitting!!! And I forgot to say my tree is up now, with its new LED lights. 100 was plenty enough for my tree so we're good there yaiy!!!

It's great that you added a string of lights to your tree. :) In my opinion, the trees decorated with light chains are the most beautiful decorations in the yard at Christmas time and even after. :heart: I have one more box with a light chain of a little over a hundred LED lamps. I'm going to put it in the birch in my yard. :)

hoping to take my dog to the vet. she still isn't feeling well :(

Update: no appointments until tomorrow so i'll have to wait. she ate some tortilla and her softer treats. she just doesn't really have energy. she's alert and wags her tail some. and is going outside with no issues really. she went over to the fence to see the neighbor dogs. but she's still not eating as much as normal. Luna is concerned that her buddy doesn't want to play.

I hope you can get your dog to the vet soon and find out what's wrong with her. :heart:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 05:17:57 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 06, 2022, 04:19:28 AM »
Beth I hope your dog gets well soon & the vet can help xxx
HOM my tree is in the living room (I have no garden) but yep, trees with strings of lights are gorgeous, & stringing some lights on trees you already have is adorable!!!
Artie yep it's HARD carrying that extra weight around. Lounge when you can (when the head engages sitting can be uncomfortable). Yake care of you & little one xxx Also glad you got those issues resolved xxx
BC have fun baking!!!

I managed to sort out the laundry!!! FINALLY!!! Letting it breathe has really helped it not go musty (I rotated it a bit too). I tried putting the rubbish out but the bag was too big & stuck in the bin, so it was still there after collection!!! Had to shift a load of the rubbish into other bags. Didn't get much sewing done but anything is better than nothing. Going to get more done today. Went to coffee & bought a few small things while there. I even got my mask cleaned (just) on time!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #503 on: December 06, 2022, 04:35:34 AM »
Beth, I hope the vet can find out what's wrong :hug:

I didn't get anything done yesterday except the phone calls. I was super tired so I slept on and off.

Today I see my eye doctor IF my ride shows up on time. I told them an earlier time than what my appointment actually is, so hopefully they'll come early enough. I really need new glasses. I'm squinting with these on!

I also get some stuff delivered today including a new desk chair! :frolic: It's an early xmas gift from my mom. I got a nice seat cushion too since my old one is worn out. I think some of my craft supplies arrive today too.

The cookies I was going to make I decided were too complicated. Plus, it said the dough would be very sticky and hard to mix, and I don't have a stand mixer, just a handheld one and no special attachments. I found another recipe for regular chewy chocolate chip that I can handle. My niece and I were going to visit my mom today but I can't since I have my eye appointment. The cookies are for her.

Today I plan on making more miniatures. Maybe I'll finish a pony.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 06, 2022, 04:45:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind wishes :)

I took her in and am waiting on test results. hopefully they tell us what's wrong. in the meantime she has some pain meds for her legs and some tastier food. hoping it's something treatable.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 07, 2022, 05:19:00 PM »
Beth keep us updated xxx
BC it's frustrating when you find a recipe which doesn't work without bug electrical appliances!!! I hand mix too so if it needs a stand mixer it's a big nope!!!

I can't make whipped coffee with my stick, so next time I'll try the bullet... I am however having better luck brewing the grounds for making my coffee the usual way.
I got a couple more sewing bits done, but it's so slow & after a bit I can't because my eyes hate it (really need new glasses but that means going to an opticians & yikes!!! Especially as they still need masks in there). Also running low of the needed items so had to order more... Hoper they arrive on time for me to pop off the package, which is now my priority (the personal stuff can wait).
Had a big old crash-out again, but still managed to get the clothes bags out so yaiy there at least. It's cold & I often have Bakana the haj & Snuggles the sealy in my sleeping bag with me. They're so soft & snuggly it's hard to convince myself to ge4t out of bed, even if I need the bathroom!!!

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 07, 2022, 05:37:50 PM »
still waiting for test results. it's already late so it probably won't be until tomorrow. she's still pretty much the same. the pills are making her sleepy. i hate when my dogs aren't feeling well.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #507 on: December 07, 2022, 08:11:11 PM »
Hi all, I hope you're all OK and keeping warm. Fingers crossed for your dog Beth.

@BC and PBW I also need glasses and dread the optician due to the expense and faff involved. I have one pair of glasses that still seem OK from two years ago, but I know from experience that it's time for me to get them checked again. I know it's something I'll probably put off for another 6 months or until I go back to work.

We got our first really cold night here. Husband has taken the week off work to help sort out the house before the baby arrives. We are getting very close to the line. The baby's head is engaging and it's kicking a lot, so I can't believe it will be another three weeks until it's born... but who knows. In the meantime sitting has become uncomfortable. We had tree surgeons visit today and they pollarded a willow and cut back a storm damaged yew. The garden looks so much better, every time we get a room finished or hit a milestone with the garden things feel more normal around here. I have had a lot of bad dreams after the last move because I'm not good with upheaval.

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #508 on: December 07, 2022, 10:11:03 PM »
I found another recipe that sounds doable :)

I visited my mom yesterday. There's more about that in WYP. Other than that, I played games :P

Today is cleaning day! My apartment needs it. I've been neglecting things. The garbage disposal smells so bad. I have cleaners but they don't really make a difference. I wonder if I should call maintenance.

A huge package came with almost all my art and crafts supplies I ordered. For some reason, one thing is being sent by itself. I think I got something else in the mailbox too. I'll have to go check when it's light out. Oh, and I need to drop off the rent check.

I'm hoping to list my guitar and amp on FB Marketplace sometime today. I have some other little things to list as well.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 08, 2022, 11:24:44 AM »
Jessie's lab work didn't show anything so we need to get an ultrasound. she seems to be a little better today but she's still moving slowly. i'm very nervous about the ultrasound. i was hoping it would be something we could knock out with antibiotics. trying to stay positive.

need to go to the grocery store and pick up some more doggie treats too. there's a lot going on at work so at least is a good distraction.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 11:34:41 AM by Beth3346 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal