collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65688 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2022, 07:04:52 AM »
Quesadillas are good, mine turned out nice :) My favorite is the chimichanga though. There's a Mexican place a few blocks away that has the best food. Unfortunately, they don't deliver. Last time I was there was with my sister.

Today I have an appointment with my therapist. I think it's the last one until the end of November. I hate going a long time without seeing her. I get to tell her all about Aster ^^

Speaking of, she slept with me again last night. She's also learned that when I get up and walk around, I'm not a threat to her, so she doesn't run away anymore. She really enjoyed her breakfast this morning. I'm thinking she likes the opposite of what Mouse did. I have tons of food I bought for Mousie, but it's mostly chicken varieties in pate, her favorite. Aster seems to like morsels and seafood. As soon as I get some money I'll place an order with Chewy for some new toys that won't smell like other cats and some different types of food. The shelter gave me treats which she loves.

I'm having an important art piece commissioned of my Rainbow Bridge pets for myself and I want to gift one to my vet. I need to get a bunch of photos for the artist. I think I'll grab some from my MacBook. I keep meaning to move most of my pics on there to my PC anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 28, 2022, 06:25:51 AM »
I completed one knitting project & am working through a few others as Bakana needed a bath & is now drying off in her new towel. Didn't get much else done.

That's the thing about UK life: we don't have much Mexican food & what we do have is ok, but not mind-blowing like authentic European food or food from Indian restaurants. We have a good-sized East Asian community here too so can find several types of that, as well as kebab shops everywhere from our Eastern European friends. But Mexico is just too far away for us to have much access to their authentic style.

I hope the art pieces turn out well xxx And also, so glad to hear of Aster's progress xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #392 on: October 28, 2022, 06:38:38 AM »
Ah yeah. I've always wanted to try authentic Indian food but you can't really find any around here. Weirdly, you can find Indian markets that sell ingredients though. In fact there's a small strip mall that has both an Indian and Asian market. I know how to make lots of Asian dishes (mainly Chinese) but have no idea about Indian food.

What was the project you finished? :)

Today I need to do housework. Since getting Aster I've been putting it off and the kitchen is a mess. I also never finished cleaning the bathroom like I wanted. I think I can continue putting up the shelves now too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 28, 2022, 06:46:03 AM »
Can't say as it's part of a prezzie
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2022, 03:19:10 PM »
It's been a long, but productive day.

I got a call from one of the places trying to arrange for my monthly shot that the cost with insurance would be over $2000 for each one.  They told me to call the company that makes the shot to enroll in their assistance program. The office also told me to call back after I got that sorted out so they could schedule my appointment. I got that taken care of and called back and got my appointment.  After that I went to the store and voted and got my flu shot.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2022, 10:03:00 AM »
BC here's hoping Aster is ok with you cleaning & assembling xxx
Ponyfan glad you got stuff done!!!

I did another knitting project, harder than the last, & it too is a success!!! I'm so pleased with it & want to do more like it yaiy!!! Also can't say because another part of prezzie, but some will also be for myself yaiy!!! I need to do some baking today so going to stick with a few simple knits for now
Oh, one other thing, the electricity problem solved like they said it would

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2022, 06:05:33 AM »
Thanks! She was good. I waited until she was in the bedroom to vacuum the living room. Still cleaning up the bathroom... there's not a lot to do, I'm just dragging my feet :P

I can't wait until you can show us your projects!

I'm making a new custom pony. Going to start today. I might actually do two at once.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2022, 01:25:38 PM »
Someone bumped into the back of my car on Friday so I ended up having to do all the insurance claim etc. Everything is fine, just annoying. I painted the bath panel today and filled up my husband's car, but not a lot else transpired. We are currently watching The Man in the High Castle on Amazon.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2022, 09:14:45 PM »
I baked these!!!

I had a go at a flaky pastry recipe, but reduced the butter & added some grated cheese in its place. The sauce is tomato puree, water, garlic powder, mixed herbs, & dried onion. I made fifteen & a tiny nugget with the leftovers. The nugget was delish!!! Getting visitors later so will dish these out. First though I have a butternut squash to hollow out & carve...
I also got more knitting done yaiy!!! Prezzie building nicely!!! Once the prezzie's done I can do my own stuff heehee!!! Spilt a little cheese so vacuumed again. Will have to clean the cleaner before using it again (I do not like that chore)...

BC proud of you & Aster for doing so well with your chores!!!
Artie oh no!!! I hear everybody's got worse on the roads nowadays...

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2022, 12:17:42 AM »
@ PBW. Oh those are such cute/scary faces! Shortcrust pastry with cheese in it is so good, yummy. Hope you have a good time later.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2022, 01:41:33 AM »
Those are so cute! I bet they're delicious.

Today I'm going to try to work on my art. I've got not 2 like I said before but 4 customs I want to make.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2022, 04:38:18 AM »
need to do more cleaning today. we had to wash the rugs and clean the floors because the dogs brought in some mud after the last rain. it's supposed to rain again this weekend so hopefully this time they stay out of the mud.

i'm thinking about bringing the Christmas decorations out early. i would like to put up more lights outside too. i tend to get all excited about decorating and then i run out of motivation later.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:44:31 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 01, 2022, 05:41:20 AM »

Also in Halloween thread. Had a load of visitors: some doing a survey, some checking how I am. I'm NOT looking forward to having to clear the kitchen & bathroom for works AT ALL, as I have a bit of stuff in the bathroom & A LOT of stuff in the kitchen!!! Got more knitting done & started on the next part of it!!!
Today I had my coffee morning, & next week, due to the energy crisis, the hall I had the coffee in is hosting a warm place for people to come if they need to save money. I could spend an afternoon knitting there, or help out. Just trying to think of an appropriate day when I'm not expecting visits & stuff...
Apart from one pastry, which I gave to a visitor, I ate all the treats myself!!! (well I shared with my sharky)
Butternut the 2nd fit a tealignt in him nicely, & carving on the day or the day before is better than in advance. A smaller knife also works better!!!

Beth I hope your cleaning goes well!!!
BC same with your art, & don't forget time to yourself & with Aster xxx
Cheers Artie xxx They were very yummy, which is why I ate almost all of them!!! Cheesy pastry is addictive!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:44:23 AM by Ponybookworm »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2022, 06:59:14 AM »
That looks great, PBW! I haven't carved a pumpkin in years. I used to bake the seeds and eat them and one time I made pumpkin soup.

Had a little bit of a set back with Aster yesterday. The shelter worker told me she liked wand toys, so I bought a nice one with different toys to go with it. She's afraid of it. It made her spooky and every little thing was making her twitch or jump. She calmed down later and wanted to play. I didn't use the wand but I bought some other toys, catnip filled teabags and some crinkle balls. She was fine playing with them herself but when I threw one for her she was confused. I don't think she really knows how to play with a person :huh: It's something we'll have to work on.

Today is more cleaning the kitchen and I need to clear off my desk. I also have to make and ship some labels for my packages that I want to get out tomorrow. But we might go visit my mom in the hospital. It's a 2 hour ride up there. We'd have to leave at 6:30am to get there when visiting hours start.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2022, 09:47:05 AM »
After the coffee morning yesterday I managed to get some knitting done, but that's pretty much it there. Earlier today I started on sorting through my clothes, to the tune of: if I don't wear it, & it's this, it goes in storage. If I don't wear it, & it's not this, it gets bagged to go. If I do wear it, it goes in a drawer cleared by moving the stuff I don't wear. I'm only sorting the drawers & stuff I can get at for now though. I already have two nope bags, one storage bag, & a laundry load of mostly nope going through the machine.

BC I wish you well in teaching Aster how to play with you xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal