collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 163590 times)

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2012, 04:39:23 PM »
Does anyone else think that Operetta's head mold looks very much like Ghoulia's?  She has the same deep eye indents and everything.  Obviously her "scar" is different, but to me, I think they look almost the same.  What do you guys think??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I believe that is the same mold than Ghoulia and Cupid, but until dont have Operetta at my hooves I cant tell 100% ^^.  Just the mold they started to work with, because they have small differences like Operetta's scars.

Just seems odd that now they are reusing molds when they hadn't previously.  Hopefully they won't end up like Barbie and will maintain their uniqueness. 
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline dIGITS

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
You're not alone. I really don't like the Sweet 1600 line so far aside from Cupid, but I feel like I should have Draculaura MIB at least. She sums up the whole 1600 line or something. I can't explain it. :/
agreed--- though i only want draculaura for her shoes.  haha... needless to say i'm pretty much skipping 1600
actively seeking Takara pony fakies

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
I do like her shoes and the dress that came with Clawd.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
Does anyone else think that Operetta's head mold looks very much like Ghoulia's?  She has the same deep eye indents and everything.  Obviously her "scar" is different, but to me, I think they look almost the same.  What do you guys think??

I don't have opperetta yet, but to me looking at pics online it looks like operettas face is alot more rounded than ghoulias.  ghoulias seems more angular and looks like she has higher cheek bones  more  angular chin..   So i donno i kinda  think they gave operetta her own face mold.

Post Merge: January 24, 2012, 04:53:26 PM

You're not alone. I really don't like the Sweet 1600 line so far aside from Cupid, but I feel like I should have Draculaura MIB at least. She sums up the whole 1600 line or something. I can't explain it. :/
agreed--- though i only want draculaura for her shoes.  haha... needless to say i'm pretty much skipping 1600

unless they release 1600 lagoona and cleo, i think i am only getting frankie and clawd 1600..  for some reason clawd is way cuter in person than in the 1600 promo shots :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:53:26 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
I really liked Sweet 1600 Frankie when I first saw pics but after seeing her in the store, I'm just not feeling it as much...I think it's her hair that bugs me most (though I do love her makeup).  I wouldn't mind getting her jewelry and shoes but just can't justify spending that much just for that.  I love 1600 Lala's dress and shoes, but not crazy about her hair at all, or the makeup.  Kind of a relief though, as I'm still trying to catch up with some of the older dolls I want.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
I love the Sweet 1600 dolls.... I own all of them. I think it's the glittery hair that attracts me to them. haha

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
I was only going to get Draculaura and Cupid from the 1600 line, but I fell in love with Frankie's outfit.  And I do love how glittery and sparkly they are.  I don't really care for that version of Clawd though, and Clawdeen's outfit is not my favorite. 

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »
Does anyone have a sweet 1600 Frankie with out the angled cut bangs?

I thought i saw a pic of a S1600 Frankie with a more flipped looking banks and not so angled cut and i'm seeing things?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:07:35 PM by SunnieBunny »

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
The Sweet 1600 dolls are currently the only ones I really want to keep in their stock outfits when I get them instead of making them custom outfits.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »
Have you seen them in person? I think they're much cuter in hand, especially Frankie and Clawd, both of whom did not impress me much initially. And as always, the shoes are to die for. It's the one thing missing from the new 1600 image. I'm DYING to see Lagoona's (and Cleo's) shoes.

Yes, I have seen them in person and I own Draculaura, but they just did not draw me in as I thought they would. I really wanted to like them, but something about them just puts me of. I dunno....like I said, I think it is just me.

I am sort if I upset you or offended you Crimson, it was not my intention at all.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
I don't have opperetta yet, but to me looking at pics online it looks like operettas face is alot more rounded than ghoulias.  ghoulias seems more angular and looks like she has higher cheek bones  more  angular chin..   So i donno i kinda  think they gave operetta her own face mold.

I have her, and this is definitely the case. While she and Ghoulia look similar, the face molds have the differences you described.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
Once again, looking for someone who can find a DOTD 3-pack for me and ship them loose First Class. PM me if you've seen them in your area and can help~

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
Have you seen them in person? I think they're much cuter in hand, especially Frankie and Clawd, both of whom did not impress me much initially. And as always, the shoes are to die for. It's the one thing missing from the new 1600 image. I'm DYING to see Lagoona's (and Cleo's) shoes.

Yes, I have seen them in person and I own Draculaura, but they just did not draw me in as I thought they would. I really wanted to like them, but something about them just puts me of. I dunno....like I said, I think it is just me.

I am sort if I upset you or offended you Crimson, it was not my intention at all.

Oh heavens no! Why would I be offended if you didn't care for a doll? I didn't design them :P I was just curious if you'd seen them in person, since I wasn't as excited for them at first either.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:50 PM »
Ugh, Amazon keeps telling me Toralei is $19.99 Prime from Mattel, but when you click on it, it says the item is not available from that seller, or puts the $40 one in my cart. I guess they're prepping for the 27th and figure no one is looking for Monster High products at one in the morning...haha, suckers, you're wrong!

Anyway, I will keep an eye on it, and will order more than one if I can. I'm also going to my home Target every day this week to see when they restock...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »
Talk about Lucky again!! I went to a different Target with a friend today, and this Target's MH Section was more cleared than the other one, but I found Operetta and Nefera!! Luckly I grabbed Operetta in a heartbeat, as for Nefera, still haven't grown to like her yet, so I left her there. That's another one to cross off my list. Too bad they didn't have Abbey @,@;

*Compares Operetta and Ghoulia*
Like Picklepud said, Operetta's face is more narrow to Ghoulia's

As for the Sweet 1600th set, I love the concept of it, Valentine's day as well as Draculaura's Birthday, but it reminds me of prom. Can't wait to see what Cleo, Ghoulia and Lagoona's outits will look like once they're out.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal