collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Artist Spotlight ~ May  (Read 3084 times)

Online Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Arena Artist Spotlight ~ May
« on: May 03, 2023, 09:16:17 AM »
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the MLP Arena and our wonderful community of pony fans, we’re introducing a monthly artist spotlight! The idea is to showcase the variety of artistic talent and craftsmanship our members bring to this board for our enjoyment, and to get to know the artists behind their work. We hope you enjoy these features! 

:good: For our May spotlight we interviewed Aflame! :good:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Customs from my imagination :)
(2 part project that looks good on their own and together )

What kind of art and/or crafts do you do?

I do mostly MLP art drawing and painting trad and digi (havent done any for a while though) and I do horse customisations including sculpting and painting (air brush) I also do some sculpting and resin crafts (not MLP or horsey)  ^.^

When did you first become interested in art and/or crafts? What brought you into MLP art in particular?

I have always liked aesthetic activities and drawing was always my fave thing to do at school started drawing when I could hold a crayon and mold plasticine :) and when I was 4 I got my first pony - apple jack and I was smitten from then on and started drawing MLPs and horses from then, and 39 years later im still doing it just with better materials XD

Has your style, preferred media etc. changed along the way?

Yes I used to do a lot of coloured pencil drawings but I now use more acrylic paint, I did try water colour but it never behaved for me XD I also used air-dry clay for most of my modelling and customising but i use some 2 part apoxie for some things now.

In what ways has your art improved over time? Where do you still see room for improvement?
What is your goal for this year (or 12 months from now)?

I think my horse/pony drawing has got better but theres always room for improvement with practice that goes for sculpting and customising to. I hope to get more in to resin soon but its quite expensive and as I live in the UK its a lot to send to other countries for swaps as much as I enjoy doing them :/. I have taken commissions for art and horse customs and am open to do them if anyone wants to have a mini me of their horse :)

What would you like to say to new, aspiring pony artists or someone who is still looking for encouragement to share their artwork?

I would say "practice makes better" and even if you go wrong you can try again , and be open to others advice they may have an easier way to draw or sculpt  a certain thing you are finding hard to.

Drawing (digital)

MLP custom (Halloween swap)

Some of my recent horse customs :)

Drastic custom

Drastic custom

Drastic customs