collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Fantasy  (Read 2302 times)

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
G5 Fantasy
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »
I am sitting here thinking about the future of My Little Pony and I was just dreaming up MY idea of the perfect G5 pony......the future of ponies......I was thinking G3 size but with the style of the G4's and the randomness of the G1 lines and even some of the G1 poses and maybe even a few of the symbols.....ooooohhhhh and bring back the holiday ponies......this is just some of my G5 fantasy I dont want to list to much......I want to know WHATS YOURS.......

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G5 Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »
My G5 fantasy involves bringing back the wholesomeness of the G1s, which to me is a huge part of what MLP was about to start with.  They lost it when they tried to go to the G2s, seemed to be accepting it again with the G3s (that, while there wasn't as much of a rabid fan-base as they have now, was actually a very impressive line if they would have just done more than a handful of non-Earth ponies), and then left it again with the G3.5 and G4.  Honestly, I'd be happiest if they'd bust out the G3 molds again and just *add more variety* to the types of ponies they have.  I know it's not going to happen, but that's what I'd like.  I also think that it would be a nice nod towards collectors to start releasing other generations in the current generation (such as our TAFs and TEs that we already know being retro-fitted into the current generation). 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
I'd be happy with a mix of G1 and G3. I like G4 and G2 (hated G3.5), but they lacked the charm of G1s which is my favorite generation. I really wish they could just go with the whole G1 look again, but I doubt that would ever happen.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
For G5 ponies I would like to see them a bit bigger like the G3s and G1s. I would like to see more variety like the G1s and G3s had too. It gets very tiring having the same ponies issued over and over. I'd like to see a return of symbols on both sides of ponies too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:49:41 PM »
I'd be happy with a mix of G1 and G3. I like G4 and G2 (hated G3.5), but they lacked the charm of G1s which is my favorite generation. I really wish they could just go with the whole G1 look again, but I doubt that would ever happen.

^^^^ this whole statement...yep bring back the G1s *sigh* we can only dream
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 09:21:48 AM »
No more big heads and wonky little small bodies...oh and at least one mint green sock loving pony to lead em all!
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »
I would like to see something different again. Something elegant like the sweetheart sisters or G2 would be nice.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
I love g1's and g3's best. For adult ponies I preferthe look of the G3's, for babies I prefer the g1 style. They definitely need to bring out more boy ponies with the G1 look as well. I never cared for the look of g2 (too skinny with very weird faces) lol and g3.5 makes me think of bratz meets mlp (yuck).

I love symbols on both sides, and there needs to be more variety, colours, symbols, families etc...

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 09:52:26 AM »
Toy wise, I would like to see them look more like ponies.  And of course more variety in terms of poses and characters would be good.

Media wise, I would like to see more than one show.  Friendship is Magic is a great show, but I don't think it taps the full potential of the brand.  Perhaps having a slice of life show for younger kids and a high fantasy adventure show for older kids.  And make a movie with the ponies as actual ponies.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »
I love g1's and g3's best. For adult ponies I preferthe look of the G3's, for babies I prefer the g1 style. They definitely need to bring out more boy ponies with the G1 look as well. I never cared for the look of g2 (too skinny with very weird faces) lol and g3.5 makes me think of bratz meets mlp (yuck).

I love symbols on both sides, and there needs to be more variety, colours, symbols, families etc...

^ this!

I love the differnt looks of the G1's, those babies were best. i love the sleekness of the G3's. and the variety of both. Bratz ponies were awful ponies (still get them for my daughter cuz they need love too)

G5 fantasy for me is more variety.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
Trying reeeeaaally hard not to see this as a "I can't wait for G4 to be over" thread...

Really, anything I'd want is still just as viable in G4. But mostly I'd like larger body sizes so they are easier to style and dress up, better production quality and less cheap, one-color accessories, more poses and more characters. That's all, really. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »
My G5 Fantasy would be
1. Symbols back on both sides again!
2. Them to look like ponies again - not deer.
3. Keep them chunky like old g1s and have a variety of poses - sitting or rearing anyone?
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »

^ this!

I love the differnt looks of the G1's, those babies were best. i love the sleekness of the G3's. and the variety of both. Bratz ponies were awful ponies (still get them for my daughter cuz they need love too)

G5 fantasy for me is more variety.

I still don't get why some people compare G3.5 to Bratz when they are nothing alike at all. Bratz have a pouty snarky fierceness to them (sideeyes all around!) while the G3.5s look like Powerpuff "I drank too much soda! Wheeeee!" ponies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
*prays* Please be a similar mold to G3,Please be a similar mold to G3,Please be a similar mold to G3....
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 11:35:08 AM »
Please note this post is on G5 story not toys...

I have been thinking for some time about what I would do for G5, use it as the oppournity to reebot MLP G1 myself, as a post- FiM show. While there's no way I'd get to do it, this is how it would go...

My little Pony:Defenders of Dream Valley

Set generations after FiM, this show takes place in the Kingdom of Dream Valley, located deep in the mysterious everfree forest, far to the south of the Princepality of Equestria. Unlike it's peaceful neighbor to the north, Dream Valley is a much more dangerous place to live...surrounded by monsters on every side, and the sun and moon and weather obeying the laws of science. These warrior ponies must fight for survival.

Mane cast;

1.) Galaxy- Twinkle-eyed Unicorn mage who is well educated, and heavily into reading and learning. Unlike Twilight Sparkle, however, she is of a less scientific/skeptical bent about the nature of the world, and is a much more spiritual pony. Is the leader of the mane six crew, and of thier voice of reason.

2.) Wind Whistler- Pegasus scientist, totally devoted to logic and science. Builds all of the castle gadgets and devices. Would make Twilight Sparkle's intellect look miniscule by comparison. Often clashes with Galaxy with her sckeptscisim of the ture nature of unicorn magic.

3.)Gusty- Tough tomboy unicorn (though she still has a girly side- wears a tailbow like all the rest) brave with an overly lighthearted sarcastic nature (think a female Raph friom the old tmnt toon, not the angry raph from other Turtle media) often picks on shady for her percieved cowardice, and prone to sarcastic wisecracks.

4.) Masquerade- pony master of disguises, tricks and deception. Keeps to the shadows, and is slow to trust other ponies. No one knows how her disgiuse power works, seeing as she has no Unicorn Magic. Often has trust issues with the other ponies.

5.) Shady- (Here purple, to make all of the mane six color-coordinted) A depressed earth pony with no magic or flying to speak of. Often feels useless to the team because of this. But as the team's only adult earth pony, is physically stronger and faster than the others, and often comes through for the team with they need it most.

6.) Ember- Young earth pony- serves the role of comic relief/cute sidekick/baby pony/CMC all rolled into one. Young tagalong who is like a little sister to the other five, eager to please. Wants to earn her cutie mark, and often gets into trouble trying to prove herself. Over the course of the show, she comes into her own.

7.) Spike- Same purple dragon of old. He has not changed much since his life in ponyville, given the longevity of dragons. Is often the go-between for the dream valley defenders and other races that might be hostile to ponies.

8.) Megan Williams- human teenager accidentally teleported to Dream Valley by a Galaxy Spell misfire. Stays in a room at dream castle, until they can find a way to send her home. The group sees her as something of a pet... though those hands of hers do come in handy.

Other Ponies

Queen Majesty- Ruler of Dream Valley kingdom, she is both a kind and wise. Often Gives the defenders thier orders, but is not afraid to her her own hooves dirty if nesscesscary.

Scoops, Lickety Split, and and Fizzy- these three run the Satin Slipper Sweet shoppe, the defenders favorite hangout spot. Fizzy and Lickety Split always cause trouble with thier silly antics, much to the chagrin of Scoops, thier boss.

Firefly- The snake-eyes/grimlock 'badazz' of the show, she comes in and helps the main group whever they need it. Much like rainbow dash, but a bit more girly, and a bit less arrogant.

Magic Star- Arrogant snobby unicorn, a rival of Galaxy's who is always trying to show her up. Not a villian, just an annoyance. G1 trixie.

Twilight Shine- Mentor to Galaxy, and the Dream Castle Court magician. Is very wise, and worries about her young student often.

North Star- The Castle explorer and aventuerer, indiana jones and Lara Kroft rolled into one. Sometimes calls upon the Defenders to help her find an artifact if it could be a danger to ponykind.

Sundance- Ember's teacher, worries that she spends too much time with the Defenders, and not enough time on her studies. Has a special bond with megan.

Truly- runs the Paradise Estate beauty and relaxation spa, is a true southern Belle pony. Often gets mad at the defenders because they always seem to wreck the place, and displays her anger with her terrible temper and attitude.

Buttons and Bow Tie- Run the Stitch n' Tyme Fashion Botique. Make the outfits everypony wears. Often fight over how frilly (Buttons) or not frilly (Bow Tie) The outfits should be.

Lofty- Palace courier, delievers mail to the other kingdoms, as well as around Dream Valley.

Surprise- The Castle Trickster and court Jester. Brings a smile to everypony's face... except when her pranks get out of hand.

Glory- The Castle's party planner and event coodinator. Can be a bit fussy about etiquette and protocol.

Big Brother Ponies (Salty, Tex, Tracks, 4-Speed, and Slugger) Team of knights from majesty's court... and love intrests for the five adult Defenders.

Posey- Castle Gardner, oversees the other earth ponies who raise food for the castle. Two of her employee ponies are AJ and Cherries Jubilee.

Medley- Castle master musician, her sonic scream can shatter any eardrums.

Student ponies (Countdown, Drummer, Sunset, and Moondream)- Student's in sundance's class, friends of Ember.

Sea Ponies- Seawinkle, Sealight, and Wavedancer- perform most of the Singing, but are far more dangerous than in G1- they have hydrokenesis.

And that's about it for season 1 ponies...

Enimies:

Tirek- the main big bad, former pony corrupted by dark magic into a horned ceantuar, controls the rainbow of darkness. Seeks to conquer Dream Valley and rule ponykind.

Katrina- Witch who draws her magic from the witchweed drug- gets earth ponies who envy unicorn magic and want thier own hooked on it (perfect anti-drug ep)

Crunch the rockdog- wants to turn everything to stone, hates any sign of positive emotion, feels unloved due to abandonment by his creator the mountian king, and wants all others to feel his pain.

Arabus- Genie that draws his power from stealing ponies's shadows, turning them into zombified 'fakies' under his control.

Squirk- Tentacled Eldrtich Abomination who seeks to control all sea life with the flashstone. Foe of the sea ponies.

Beezin- Goblin magician who uses his wand to bring inatimate objects to life. Foe of the moochick, who the ponies are drawn into the fight with against Beezin.

Sonombula- Youth Stealing unicorn witch whose song lures ponies into an illusion while she drains them dry. evil youth vampire/siren.

Grogar- Cult-like leader of an evil army of goblins that reappear every 500 years from Tambleon. Sees Ponies as an impurity that must be 'cleasned'

levan- Lord of the Lava demons, he wishes to capture and control the power of the Wands of the princess ponies of Equestria, Dream Valley's neighbor to the north. (Season 2 Foe)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:42:12 AM by Firehooves »

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal