collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90317 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #585 on: August 29, 2016, 06:31:01 PM »
I found a Lapras today. This guy that normally goes to the same park as me during lunch and I tracked it down. It ran away  :cry:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #586 on: August 29, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »
I havnt been playing much, but earlier I tried to play today and I keep getting this thing that comes up saying "unable to authenticate". I know I wasnt banned and I checked my email to make sure and got nothing from them, so idk what is going on! I havnt done anything to get banned, so idk why it all of a sudden isnt working. I played it a few days ago in the park and it was working just fine. Last time I played before that was out near Austin. I just havnt been playing much as the hype dramtically went down for me this month, its not fun to play anymore because of these login and server errors.

edit: so apparently this is some kind of common problem with Google accounts now? Ive been watching vids on how to fix it with airplane mode but it isnt working for me. Ive got the newest version of the game updated. The servers are running. Wth Niantic...

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:57:54 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2016, 07:17:58 AM »
I havnt been playing much, but earlier I tried to play today and I keep getting this thing that comes up saying "unable to authenticate". I know I wasnt banned and I checked my email to make sure and got nothing from them, so idk what is going on! I havnt done anything to get banned, so idk why it all of a sudden isnt working. I played it a few days ago in the park and it was working just fine. Last time I played before that was out near Austin. I just havnt been playing much as the hype dramtically went down for me this month, its not fun to play anymore because of these login and server errors.

edit: so apparently this is some kind of common problem with Google accounts now? Ive been watching vids on how to fix it with airplane mode but it isnt working for me. Ive got the newest version of the game updated. The servers are running. Wth Niantic...

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

I'm using a Google account and so far I haven't run into this issue :/

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2016, 09:03:23 AM »
I haven't gotten that message but the time it takes to walk eggs has gone up for me. The same distance that used to be good to walk a 2k egg (more than 2k btw) now only walks that egg between 1/2 to 2/3 finished.  -_-  But on the upside I caught a Venusaur for me and the Youngest on her account.  ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »
I got that same error over the weekend. It kept failing to log me in with my Google account, even though there was no reason for me to have that problem. It's been working flawlessly since Sunday night, though.

I haven't gotten that message but the time it takes to walk eggs has gone up for me.

I saw a few people on Reddit complaining about this, and I noticed it myself too. It's super annoying. I don't have the app open during the entirety of all of my walks throughout the day, but there's honestly no reason why I shouldn't be hatching 5km eggs when I walk 7+ miles a day on average. :pout: One day, my friend and I both had Go open while we were at a park, we both started the walk with 3.8/5km for our eggs, and by the time we had walked for a little over an hour, he was at 4.2 and I was at 4.3. We were both catching Pokemon and getting Pokestops just fine, so saw no reason to reset the app. So the step tracking is seriously screwed right now.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2016, 02:18:42 AM »
Omg im glad its not just me with the login error! So i get it to work and sometimes it closes itself out now xD Niantic needs to get their stuff together!

I understand what ya'll mean with the eggs! Sometimes I will be playing and walking in strailight lines (like when I walk downtown) and it doesnt count my distance! Or it will be stuck at 1.963 or 4.9888 whatever something and never hatch the whole day. Then later when I pull out my game all my eggs freak out and hatch at once!
XD

Post Merge: August 31, 2016, 03:25:00 AM

I checked my email a zillion times because apparently they accidently banned innocent people, luckily for me theres no email under my search for "Pokémon Go" or "Niantic" except the email I just sent them about my account login errors. It was working for a few seconds, then kicked me out again with "Unable to Authenticate." Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait until the next update to resume playing. :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:25:00 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »
I just did something totally evil in Pokemon Go! Our local post office is a gym. My mom needed to go by there this afternoon to mail some bills. When we go there somebody was battling the gym. They finished just as mom put her bills in the drop box. When the gym went gray, I slipped in and put one of MY Pokemon in there first.  :devious: I was in a hurry so I accidentally put in my weaker Snorlax. Oh well, I still got my 10 coins.

sailorstitch

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »
I found a Lapras today. This guy that normally goes to the same park as me during lunch and I tracked it down. It ran away  :cry:

Hate when that happens! I was super close to catching Rapidash the other day!  :(

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2016, 05:21:56 PM »
I just did something totally evil in Pokemon Go! Our local post office is a gym. My mom needed to go by there this afternoon to mail some bills. When we go there somebody was battling the gym. They finished just as mom put her bills in the drop box. When the gym went gray, I slipped in and put one of MY Pokemon in there first.  :devious: I was in a hurry so I accidentally put in my weaker Snorlax. Oh well, I still got my 10 coins.

sailorstitch

I've definitely done that before, but I think Niantic should implement some sort of thing that makes it so that only the person who beat the gym can put in a Pokémon. Maybe lock the gym for a minute or two to give them time. As funny as it is (as I've said, I've done it) it also feels a bit unfair, you know?

Totally not knocking you for it, though. My friends and I were hanging out by a gym and kept doing that to each other, since we were on different teams. :lol:

Oh, and I don't know if any of you keep up with the PoGo subreddit, but someone went in to the game's data and we may possibly be able to have a Pokémon walk with our avatar soon in a future update! It's just a rumor, but it's a rumor I'm excited for.
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2016, 06:06:12 PM »
Niantic already has said they'd fix that. I've done it before too but I feel too bad to do it anymore because someone did it to me SEVERAL times and I was about ready to track them down.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
Oh, well that's good to know. Though there are still a million other things I wish Niantic would fix, but...eh, no biggie. I'm still enjoying the game.

I had that happen to me, too. Someone was driving around the block near the local post office,  and every time I beat their Pokémon, they put a new one in. I was almost tempted to yell at them to maybe try getting out of their car and walking next time. Then I realized that was kinda mean... So after the 4th time, I just gave up and walked to the next gym.
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2016, 06:25:53 PM »
The no tracking thing is a real killer I think. Probably would have stayed more popular than it has if that had stayed or been fixed. So frustrating!

I wish I'd find a Rapidash in the wild. :P

I'm at 129 caught. Getting closerrrr!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
There was a Rapidash nearby during the LGBT club meeting this evening... But it was nearby, and so none of us ran into it.  :cry:

Seems like my university may have a spawning point for Ponyta's and Rapidash's. I'll have to watch!

|My Collection|

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2016, 07:35:17 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has swiped at gym that way. :P I knew it wasn't fair, but I couldn't resist the easy coins. It's not like I was going to stick around and keep doing again and again.

sailorstitch

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
I've totally grabbed gyms like that too, and had people do it to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal