collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65837 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2016, 02:56:54 PM »
Okay, but... Weren't all of the Mega Evolutions in X/Y also Gen I?

Nope. I think the mega evolutions overall are mostly Gen 1 (go figure) but other gens had Pokemon represented in mega form for X and Y.

I do agree with everything else you've said though. Gen 1 has gotten more than enough attention, and while there's nothing wrong with it, there are 6 other generations of Pokemon to choose from. Gen 1 may have been the beginning, but there's no reason to essentially ignore the rest. These Alola forms are really neat and I like most of them, but I want some diversity!

Oh, I see - I was wrong. I wasn't 100% certain.

I do remember the Generation I's being the ones advertised - hence why I only even remember there being Generation I Mega Evolutions in X/Y. I really thought they all came with OR/AS. Hopefully we'll see the same kind of thing happen here - advertising heavily Generation I, but the later generations will still see at least some representation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2016, 03:51:25 PM »
Okay, but... Weren't all of the Mega Evolutions in X/Y also Gen I?

Nope. I think the mega evolutions overall are mostly Gen 1 (go figure) but other gens had Pokemon represented in mega form for X and Y.

I do agree with everything else you've said though. Gen 1 has gotten more than enough attention, and while there's nothing wrong with it, there are 6 other generations of Pokemon to choose from. Gen 1 may have been the beginning, but there's no reason to essentially ignore the rest. These Alola forms are really neat and I like most of them, but I want some diversity!

Oh, I see - I was wrong. I wasn't 100% certain.

I do remember the Generation I's being the ones advertised - hence why I only even remember there being Generation I Mega Evolutions in X/Y. I really thought they all came with OR/AS. Hopefully we'll see the same kind of thing happen here - advertising heavily Generation I, but the later generations will still see at least some representation.

Kanto has 15 mega evos, Johto got 6, Hoenn got 20, Sinnoh got 5, Unova got 1 and Kalos got 1. Considering ORAS were remakes and they really wanted to hype up the generation 20 evos is not surprising, but Kanto definitely takes the second biggest piece of attention. Years ago when it was announced I honestly thought that Mega evos would primarily feature XY Pokemon since, y'know... that's the generation that started it. And I initally thought alt forms in Alola would be mostly Sinnoh additions, since they're the generation that primarily featured the concept, Castform and Deoxys being the only ones prior. And Sinnoh is kind of "next up" on the nostalgic list, September will be a decade since their release.

Spoiler
Pokemon XY
Gen I Megas: Venusaur, Charizard x2, Blastoise, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo x2
Gen II Megas: Ampharos, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar
Gen III Megas: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Absol
Gen IV Megas: Garchomp, Lucario, Abomasnow
Gen V Megas: none
Gen VI Megas: none

Pokemon ORAS
Gen I Megas: Beedrill, Pidgeot, Slowbro
Gen II Megas: Steelix
Gen III Megas: Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Altaria, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza
Gen IV Megas: Lopunny, Gallade
Gen V Megas: Audino
Gen VI Megas: Diancie

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
I LOVE the surfing Raichu!!!!!! Reminds me of "Puka" the surfing blue-eyed Pikachu with some kind of psychic wave-sensing powers from the old anime! :heart: Heres to hoping for a surfing Pukachu in the game!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:45:38 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »
I LOVE the surfing Raichu!!!!!! Reminds me of "Puka" the surfing blue-eyed Pikachu with some kind of psychic wave-sensing powers from the old anime! :heart: Heres to hoping for a surfing Pukachu in the game!

Ha ha yeah I loved that episode!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Princess Lala

« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
So apparently there is leaked pictures of the final starters evolutions. I thought it was fake leaks until a news post pointed out a character drawn in the concept art looked like exactly like Mallow, one of the characters revealed in the game! I actually really hope that these evolutions are real because I am in LOVE with the seal pokemons final evo design!!!!

Lets talk about what conspiracies are going around with the rumors!!!!!

Spoiler

Owl evolves into an Archer

Litten evolves into wrestler cat

Seal Pokémon evolves into siren- I LOVE the concept art, fake or not, of the Siren seal Pokémon! IT LOOKS LIKE A MERMAID! I know we already have Dewgong but the more mermaid-like creatures the better for me! x3

Supposed water arcanine

In a similar supposed leak a dolphin and sea cucumber Pokémon are coming out.....we've already seen the sea cucumber! 

Oh yes and I have to say I absolutely dislike the sandcastle pokemons....whyyyyy!?

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2016, 06:19:59 AM »
Leak talk:
Spoiler
Litten's final evolution is terrible. Why do they always go and do this? Litten's final evolution looks like something straight out of some cheesey 80s humanoid animal action cartoon.

Rowlet's is good and Popplio's is fine. I just don't understand why they always go overboard with the fire starter's final evolutions.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:07:55 AM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2016, 09:12:27 AM »
I'm loving Wishiwashi.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2016, 11:32:30 AM »
Spoiler
If that's truly Litten's finaly evolution then... ahahahahaha!

When the starters were first revealed, someone came up with an amazing design for Litten's final evolution: It became Fire/Poison type and looked awesome! But we got Fire/Poison with Salandit- which I really like. It's just that with this supposed leak of Litten's final evolution, it looks like the dreaded Fire/Fighting typing that we've all come to absolutely hate.

Sometimes I get sad looking at fan art because I really feel like they can be more creative than what they're actually giving us in the games.

That said, Popplio becoming a siren is absolutely a-okay with me! Rowlet becoming an archer is pretty cool. I felt that Litten instantly became overrated even though we didn't know anything about it, plus it's just another cat so (although if it had become that awesome Fire/Poison type, omg!)... *shrugs* #TeamPopplio4Lyfe

Really hoping the dolphin Pokemon thing is true. 7 generations in with no dolphin is unacceptable! I want my dolphin! :enraged:

Oh, and I don't know how many of you are familiar with the anime One Piece, but I came up with the most perfect nick name for Crawbrawler! My husband and friends are so mad that I thought of it before they did.

Crawbralwer (for those of you who haven't seen this wonderful new Pokemon):
Spoiler

Franky (One Piece character that I'll be naming my Crabrawler after):
Spoiler

Also, not a fan of Stufful and Bewear, or the sandcastle Pokemon. Though I have a feeling the sandcastle will grow on me over time. I actually like almost everything else, especially Pyukumuku. But, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Pykumuku more like those "sea bunny" slugs than a sea cucumber? Either the translation is all sorts of wrong or, for some reason, they really think those are the same thing. :huh: It's dumb, but it bothers me that it's the "sea cucumber Pokemon" when it clearly isn't.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:41:41 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »
^LOL. Crawbrawler is SUPERRRRRR!!!

*Crawbawler strikes the pose with Franky*

That has to be done now! But not by me since I'm a terrible drawer.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
Crabrawler is a very cool Pokemon.

C'mon gamefreak! Bring out those dolphins! You couldn't get a better opportunity.

Princess Lala

« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »
Sea cucumber Pokémon has reminded me of a sea bunny definetly, but there are filly looking sea cucumbers out there IRL too. I guess it was inspired by a cross of those two things. Reminds me of how Charizard IS a freaking dragon but isnt a dragon type besides his mega evos lol. Pikachu has always reminded me of a rabbit more-so than a mouse.

Princess Lala

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
New aloha rattata looks so weird, I like the normal purple version much better!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »
That was a very "meh" video of reveals, imo.

Although, seeing that Snorlax use Pulverizing Pancake on Donald Trump (stupid Gumshoos...) was pretty amazing. :lmao:
Instagram / Want List

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »
I was honestly hoping there would be a spcial form snorlax haha.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »
I was honestly hoping there would be a spcial form snorlax haha.

Surprised there isn't. If they're going to pander to Generation I so heavily, they might as well go the whole way.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal