collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: hestia dolls and bjd collecting value  (Read 633 times)

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
hestia dolls and bjd collecting value
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:13:50 AM »
 hi all--
 for those of you that collect BJD's  i had a question about hestia.

i got some hestia dolls and i am wonderng if deboxing them will effect there collector value? I am pretty much  a mib collector. most of my MH dolls are MIB  and i like to keep them MIB so they stay nice. My house is really dusty and it it is just easier on me to do this. I love the dolls they are really pretty , but i would like to display them too.

one of the dolls is  http://www.amazon.com/Hestia-Isora-501-Fashion-Doll/dp/B000ANNJXM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1338196068&sr=8-5
 the LE edtion  #501   so i can keep her MIB but keep her coffin proped open and still display her. should i keep her MIB or Mint in coffin?

the other is: http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Reunion-Quarter-Exclusive-Planning/dp/B003JK0MBK/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338196174&sr=8-1-spell
 I think she would be FUNER deboxed.. but donno how it will effect her value if i ever do want to sell in the future.

i know it is my choice to do what ever with dolls etc.  but i am just wondering from a bjd community collectors standpoint.
Does MIB make a  difference with bjd  like it does with other dolls? or is  value determined   based on maker, style of doll, condition?  etc.

these are currently my only BJD dolls other than MH so i don't really know much about collecting them. i fell in love with these two and want to keep them super nice.

thanks!

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: hestia dolls and bjd collecting value
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 02:28:14 AM »
I don't think Hestia or MH are considered BJD dolls, as they're not ball jointed or strung. With "true" BJD's there's no MIB value as they don't come in boxes like MH dolls do; they're in boxes designed for them to be taken out of and put back again, so it doesn't matter much at all I think. Hestia is not a BJD (they come on pullip bodies) :)

As for the value, I don't know. I don't think it'll matter that much to be honest, I get the feeling doll collectors put less value on MIB dolls than, say, pony collectors, but I might be wrong :) maybe someone else with more hestia knowledge can explain this better :)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:03:37 AM »
I don't think MIB is going to affect your value for Hestia. It doesn't for Pullips, unless its Noir or someone else like that. I say take them out if you want. :)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:45:55 AM »
Well, as Aienhime already pointed out, none of your girls are BJDs. BJDs aren't sealed in boxes the way toys are, so I agree that MIB probably isn't a term you would use when it comes to those.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
ok thanks  so much. i didn't realize that the hestias were not really a true BJD.  i don't have any  bjd (although id like to!  they look so awesome) soo didn't really know. thanks for  explaining the difference to me :)

Maybe i will debox my Hestia Ribon # 512 Quarter Moon   and just keep all the box and packing etc.  Incase I ever DO  want to sell LOL  she would look better  displayed out of box. so pretty! i got a new display shelf and am setting  it up.. so that is why i asked :)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:58:11 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »
Maybe i will debox my Hestia Ribon # 512 Quarter Moon   and just keep all the box and packing etc.  Incase I ever DO  want to sell LOL  she would look better  displayed out of box. so pretty! i got a new display shelf and am setting  it up.. so that is why i asked :)

That's a good idea! In my opinion, you should do what makes you happy. The value of having a doll mib just isn't relevant if you'd appriciate your dolly more out of box!

They are good looking gals, by the way!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal