collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Hasbro blind bag figures? (Granny Smith, Gilda the Griffin, Wonderbolts)  (Read 30390 times)

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
I tend to think they are cheap china knock offs. They do and often get away with doing stuff like this. They do it for plush, figures accessories etc.

that IS true, actually.
When I read this, I started thinking of the Sakura Miku nendoroid. GSC (the company that releases nendos) came out with a nendoroid petite charm, which is roughly 5 cm high.
Chinese knock-off companies have made a bootleg Sakura Miku, but in the normal Nendo scale of 11 cm. And currently, she's the only full-scale sakura miku available.
It just MIGHT be the case with these, but I guess we'll find out sooner or later. I'm in no rush to have everything NOW at ONCE. x)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
But why would a Chinese knockoff company make distinct molds that didn't previously exist?   It would be a lot of expense for nothing, when they could just copy existing molds.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Could they be these?

MY LITTLE PONY MINIATURE COLLECTION
(HASBRO/Ages 3 & up/Approx. Retail Price $7.99/Available: Fall 12)
Add a little bit of MY LITTLE PONY magic to your day with the new MINIATURE COLLECTION! Girls can collect all of the unique, beloved characters from the “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” television series. Each assortment sold separately

That came from this:

MY LITTLE PONY MINIATURE COLLECTION
(HASBRO/Ages 3 & up/Approx. Retail Price $7.99/Available: Fall 12)
Add a little bit of MY LITTLE PONY magic to your day with the new MINIATURE COLLECTION! Girls can collect all of the unique, beloved characters from the “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” television series. Each assortment sold separately

http://toyfair12.asmzine.com/hasbropr-mlp.php
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I'm rather unsure. Wave 6 Blind Bags still aren't out anywhere, so we've got those to come.. and the paint jobs look rather messy. However, there looks to be factory dirt on one of the figurines (at least), which is odd. o.O

The messy paint jobs are common for any small figures, including some of the G4 blind bags. So that tells me they're legit. And the dirt on them isn't odd at all. I've bought several ponies from the store that had dirt all over them. My Fashion Style Pinkie Pie had a huge smudge of dirt on her forehead. I just imagine that the factory Hasbro uses must be absolutely filthy and I wash all my ponies even if I don't see dirt on them as soon as I open them for that reason.

I still say these are from the miniature figure collection that was mentioned in the press release that came out just before the toy fair. They're most definitely real but I'm sure they won't show up in stores for awhile yet. I remember there being a long drought last year where there were no new MLP toys released for several months until like August when the Canterlot items were released at Target. After that, we got all kinds of new toys pretty steadily for the rest of the year. I remember one of the workers at Target telling me that the toy area reset they do in July/August is when they start putting out all the new toys that will be around for the Christmas season. I imagine that's when we'll see all the Fall 2012 release toys. I'm sure the same applies to Wal-Mart and probably other stores as well.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
These have just been confirmed real on the MLP Facebook page.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Yay! But they're calling it the Apple Family and there is a lack of Apple Bloom! What's with that? :-D

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
These have just been confirmed real on the MLP Facebook page.

Awesooome!
Though they seem to be tossing blind bag figures into the mix. That's a bit lazy, Hasbro.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh! So they are real! :frolic:

Do want that Cloudsdale set, it's adorable..
Fight like a girl..

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I can't wait for the Cloudsdale set. Griffins rock.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
The official MLP page on Facebook posted photos of these so consider me a believer in their legitimacy now. So excited. I need to know when and where these will be coming out.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
So these packs will be $8 each, and only have 3 figures per set? That seems like a rip-off, especially since the blind bags are only $2 each and of course, there's the problem of them including the same blind bag figures everyone has already. I don't mind the Big Mac figure, though, since I don't have him yet. Still, I wish they'd quit with re-releasing the main six blind bags over and over.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
VINDICATION! I need that apple family NAO @O@

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Couldn't they have made Applebloom instead of Applejack, Soarin instead of Rainbow Dash and Chrysalis instead of Twilight?

Adoptable made by me

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
ahaha, oh, Hasbro.... your laziness...

"Throw in the blind bags with the new characters, it's close enough."

(On the other hand, at least US collectors don't have to wait for Blind Bag Wave 3 to get Big Mac?)

:P
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal