collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Inactive paypal  (Read 532 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Inactive paypal
« on: November 11, 2014, 05:09:19 AM »
Hi, I just really don't know what to do about this, and frankly im a little scared because I don't know the possible repercussions.

So my original Paypal, is inactive. It went this way because I was really dumb and forgot to change over my email before I deleted the email that it was attached to. I have tried everything to get that email opened again, but as I was probably 12 at the time of its creation, I have NO idea what any of the security questions are, anything, Iv even talked to an actual human trying to get it unlocked, not happening. :/

So I haven't used my paypal for a few years because of this. I no longer have a bank account attached to it either, and there is no money in.

I'm wondering if it would be alright to just open a new one up, with new email, new bank account etc. Or is there going to be some sort of penalty for this? I really have tried every possible way to re-open my current paypal, but it all keeps coming down to that original email address that I have no access to anymore.

I would really like to have a paypal again. >.< I NEED to open commissions and sales again desperately.

I would also like to know if people have any suggestions for secure email sites? I have used msn/live and yahoo. But it seems like after a year, its just so full of crap spam that I never signed up for and cant seem to figure out how to stop from coming every day. My current email Iv only had for 3 years, and every day its cleaning out huge messes of spam, trying to find the few notifications that I actually need. not to mention, yahoo has, on both email occasions, started forwarding spam to my friends and family with my name attached to it, and this is just not acceptable.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:13:07 AM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Inactive paypal
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:27 AM »
Have you tried contacting Paypal directly? I see you said you talked to someone but I am assuming it was to try and reopen your old email account?

I know you are allowed to have two different accounts but one has to be a personal account and the other a business/or premier.  They must also both have their own email address and financial information associated with them. I would call Paypal though and explain the situation, they are the ones who are going to be able to help you thoroughly with your account. It's better to be safe than sorry in this case.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
I wonder how they would even link my inactive account with a new one. I mean im genuinely just curious, not actually planning on doing that because im scared too rofl. But that old account was made so long ago, many computers and internet providers ago, i don't even belong to that bank anymore lol.

Anyway, I guess Ill work on opening a new bank account before I give paypal a call.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:01:20 PM »
I'd go with gmail if you're looking to open a new e-mail account.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »
I did write a big spiel about what happened to my first account, but my computer had a fit and I lost it - so here's the short answer. Paypal only cross reference email and bank account details in their database, not names and addresses, so as long as your email and credit card/bank account are different, you can have as many accounts as you like and they won't pick it up.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 05:37:25 AM »
I would try calling Paypal  as Ponylady suggested , but I also think that a new email and new bank details will work too :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »
My above post is from what I weaseled out of Paypal on the phone when they closed my account when I wasn't using it. Names can be the same - addresses too, but they don't flag them unless the credit card number is the same, and you can't make an account with the same email, because it's your username.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal