collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird issue in a weird situation... what do I do?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Weird issue in a weird situation... what do I do?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »
Was it sent with tracking? Then I'd just ask again for the tracking number. Maybe also explain that you're not mad at them :) communication is everything!

I once had a Piccolo pony that I considered lost. I had sold it to Belgium and it didn't arrive for weeks. Nine months later I got a message from the buyer that it had arrived just the day before. It took NINE MONTHS. But in the end it found the way home :) So don't be too worried :hug:
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
When I asked about if they could tell me when they shipped I go no response with a tracking number or anything...

I got kind of a harsh PM from them, so now I'm stuck here, sitting on my hands, waiting for this pony to show up, almost afraid to message them about it... it's really irking me honestly. I feel like David and Goliath, like I can't speak out because this is a person who's been around a long time and stuff...

My feelings are slowly changing, I was kissing a lot of butt earlier in this post but, to be honest, at the moment I'm annoyed. Send me proof of shipping or send me my money back. It shouldn't cause WWIII... right? I mean sheesh.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Strandperle

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »
You paid for the pony, it is your right to get the information regarding the shipping you want. I don't think that this is good behaviour, not to answer your question. If she is a good seller she should behave like one.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
Sunshine, I am going to please ask that you send me the member's name in a private PM.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »
I refuse to name the sellers name on this thread (since they know who they are), but I know for a fact now that I'm not alone in dealing with this type of issue from this person...  :huh: It's not something they do commonplace, and I still don't believe they have "bad seller practices" but, I just wanna know about when the pony was sent... :huh:

Ponylady - I will message you, I wanted to make a little note to you the last few days but I haven't had a chance. I also don't want to write something "nasty" about them when I'm feeling all uppity about it, so I've waited to be rational and calm. I'll PM you in a bit here, but, I still am sticking to my guns that I TRULY DO NOT THINK THIS PERSON IS A BAD SELLER! I just think I'm in a bad situation with a good seller... :huh:
^Honestly that's not butt kissing either...

My Want List

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »
The refusal to give a tracking number, or say hey sorry I chose a cheaper shipping option without tracking, is what's bothering me the most. The mail taking a while with a pony is one thing. Refusing to keep your buyer in the loop with what's happening is quite another.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
Well since it's international there wouldn't have been tracking, but like I keep all my slips from the CN-22 forms we fill out for customs in the US, so that's got a Customs # on it, at least it would be something to say... "Hey, this is a number associated with your package, and it was sent on this date"?

I mean that's all I can usually give my international buyers if something happens, because most people don't want to be paying like $26 to ship a single pony with tracking unfortunately, which I completely understand...

Since the shipping was gratis, I just figured it'd be whatever equates to "First Class International"?

My Want List

Offline Strandperle

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
Tracking here is an additional 2,50€ or 2,05€ or something like that. Not too much. And without it there is no shipping proof that Paypal would accept in case of a lost item. That's why I paid for tracking myself recently when I shipped something internationally.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:36:21 PM by Strandperle »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »
Ah, yes that's different than the USPS then... unfortunately, to add "registered mail" to anything it's an additional ~$13 on top of normal shipping, and I believe I can do only actual TRACKING if I send something Priority/Express International mail, which I have to Canada a few times, but it's always over $35 to do it in that manner. It's quite tough at least from the US to have tracking but, I suppose Paypal accepts out CN-22 forms as proof of shipment for USPS.

My Want List

Offline Strandperle

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
Aw, that is much indeed :(

I hope you will get your pony soon. And don't be too patient with the seller, she really should give you shipping information :/

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »
Me personally I probably won't even bother sending any kind of pm to the seller... again. But at least not until after the pony fair, I kind of don't care so much anymore... because it's become such a hassle... :huh:

My Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
I hope the mods can sort this out for you!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
Thanks LBS :heart:

I was talking to a new-found friend on PMs about such things, and I told them that... perhaps even if nothing happens, even if I never get my pony, and I don't bother with a refund (cause that's still not what this was all about - it was focusing on whether or not I should even make a fuss over it anymore or just let it ride out) - perhaps it'll just be a little tidbit of info they can stick in their mental filing cabinet and if something were to happen again and someone had an issue with this seller (which, I believe would be few and far between) that they could at least say to that next person, "You're not alone" type of thing... :huh:

Still not trying to attack the seller, or talk about them negatively behind their back. TS isn't for that.. and I wasn't trying to do that. I just had kind of a strange sort of rough response when I asked about when the pony had been sent, didn't really get a clear answer, and then was hesitant to even contact them again...

My Want List

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
I've had a few unfortunate interactions with members here who have ample feedback and have been here for a long time. As in, very unprofessional conduct, lack of communication, item not as described etc. Nothing ever escalated enough for me to leave bad feedback but I have definitely understood that great feedback does not 100% guarantee great service :S

It is true that we only have your side of the story here, but i'm unhappy with the way you've been treated, communication-wise, by that member. If it were an inexperienced member I could understand it, but if you say it isn't, this seems a bit lame.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
I appreciate that :hug:

I definitely don't think that I would even begin to think about leaving anything but positive feedback from this, no matter what, and not to kiss butt... but honestly, it wasn't like... a scam or a rip off or anything like that in my mind. The situation was just weird, as it was something they did to be "nice" and end the transaction but, that thing has not... happened or turned up... so, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, ya know... and complain about something like... "You said you were going to do this for me and you didn't and now I'm mad"...  I know there was money exchanged but it's not enough to make me feel angry towards them, cause I'm still not even angry!

I am just neutral on the whole thing... honestly. I'm not angry, I'm not happy obviously, but I'm like... neutral.

Interesting things have come to my attention however, because of me starting this thread, which... well, are interesting! ;)

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal