collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Must Have" Ponies: Perception vs. Reality...  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Must Have" Ponies: Perception vs. Reality...
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
1. Who is your most "valuable" / proud moment / grail-y pony?

Most Valuable?  Sweet Scoop's necklace.  Not a pony, but for what it is, pretty expensive :)  Pony wise, Rapunzel. 

Proudest moment?  Finding four TAF Babies for $2 each at a toy show.  Then a few years later finding Scribbles for $5. 

Grail in my collection?  MOC Crumpet.  I bought her as a reward for getting a nice raise at my job. 

2. Who is your favorite pony?

Clipper and Sky Rocket.  Clipper is the definition of adorable to me. 

3. Who do you think the most sought after pony is? (Apparently it's not Rapunzel :lol: )

South Africans for the Nirvana hunters, and then Mimic for those who are just starting out.

4. If you could advise the entire community to add one pony to their collection, who would that pony be and why do you think he or she is special / beautiful / unique?

Trickles. The colour combination is perfect.  And Swirly Whirl, a very pretty pony who's always overlooked.

5. Who is your most wanted pony, right here right now?

MOC Sky Rocket in Canadian Packaging.  Or a ceramic Buttons (not broken)

6. Do you collect individual ponies or do you collect by set?

I want what I want, and buy what I want.  I have no collection goals, which is why my collection is so outta control.

7. Would you rather have one rare pony or a few new less expensive ones? (All ponies in good condition and bought for their proper worth)

One rare pony.  Takes up less space, and I have some many already.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 08:01:24 PM »

I paid the most for Tex, figure-wise, and then a couple of my Build-a-Bears were a bit more when I had to get them full price.

As far as which one was actually my grail, though, it was Sugarberry. Her other friends from the set, too (minus Dancing Butterflies, whom I've literally almost always had), but especially her. I've had plenty of Pony grail goals, and still have some, but I don't think there will ever be one I've wanted as much as her.

A really tough question. I love the Sugarberry I ended up with, but I wish she didn't have in-ground dirt. I'm not totally sure I can pick just one Pony out of my collection to be the favorite.

I really do love Lovebeam, though. She enchanted me as a child and she was a gift from my grandmother. And Ruby Lips was a huge want for me as a kid. I was just thrilled when I got her on Easter. Turquoise with purple hair ... so beautiful.

3. Who do you think the most sought after pony is? (Apparently it's not Rapunzel :lol: )

Rarer Pony: Nightglider, maybe? Or Mimic.... Commoner Pony: ... No idea, to be honest. If they're easier to find, most people have probably got hold of them. Unless they're common, but hard to find in decent condition, in which case maybe I'd say Big Brothers?

4. If you could advise the entire community to add one pony to their collection, who would that pony be and why do you think he or she is special / beautiful / unique?

Sugarberry. Some people don't like the main pose, but if they can get past that, a white Pony with gorgeous curly red hair is a beautiful color combination. :)

It's really hard to know what to put on a question like this, though, since as you say, every person's preferences are so different and each one wants something different for their collection.

Mainsail. And Chief, and Steamer.

Whoever I want, from whatever set I want. I did want to complete the first TAF set (and finally did), but that's more because I loved all those Ponies from childhood and not because I was deliberately trying to complete a set. I also want all of the Candy Cane Ponies and the Sunshine Ponies. A character I adore on an episode of Riptide has inspired me to want any Ponies relating to ships, the ocean, and/or the beach. I always kind of liked Ponies with those themes anyway.

7. Would you rather have one rare pony or a few new less expensive ones? (All ponies in good condition and bought for their proper worth)

Several Ponies, unless maybe the one rarer Pony is one I've been desperately wanting. But even when I want one, I can't afford to spend too much on just one.

I'm 28 and still have my childhood herd, but it's a very small herd and I'm thrilled to be able to build it up like I never could as a kid (because G1 ended shortly after I got my sixth Pony, gah).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:01:08 PM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2015, 07:22:12 PM »

Mountain Boy Sunburst.   Most I've even spent on a pony, so far.

Big Brother Chief

3. Who do you think the most sought after pony is? (Apparently it's not Rapunzel  ) 

Mountain Boy Ice Crystal

Big Brother Chief.  He's so heroic.

Mountain Boy Lightening. 

Individual

7. Would you rather have one rare pony or a few new less expensive ones? (All ponies in good condition and bought for their proper worth). 
I'm limited on space, so… a Very few rare ones. 

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »
 My MOC Mimic

Gusty

Mimic or Sweet Scoops

I would go with Gusty her color scheme and symbol just work.

Daddy Sunbright, Daddy Berrytown and Daddy Meadowsweet and always looking for upgrades for ponies already in my collection.

I collect any and all.

I would rather have a few less expensive (favorite) ones than one rare one.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:19:08 PM by ajmeier55 »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2015, 09:19:11 PM »
I don't think I have any rare ponies. But my Sea Star is in excellent shape for a Sea Pony and I was fortunate to get her for a great price.

I have lots but going by Gen Tropical Surprise, Firewater and Blushie from 3
and Fizzy, Ringlets, Hula Hula, Baby Rainfeather, Sea Star, Skydancer and Bunny Hop from 1

Mimic. Obviously. Runner Ups include Holly Dash, any Mountain Boy, Rapunzel and Nightlight

I wouldn't advise any one pony because everyone has their own personal tastes in regards to Gen, Pose, Color and Species

Dazzleglow-I owned her when I was a kid and desperately want her again and can't find her BIN Anywhere!  :( My second most wanted is Twist, she keeps eluding me. Whenever I have money, she's not there, whenever I don't have money she's there.

Individuals. I do have several from sets and plan to get several more from those sets, but I don't want every single one. Example: Twinkle Eyes are my favorite, however there are some I just don't like at all.

Less expensive ones. I know there are ponies I will likely never get like SS Twilight, Mountain Boys, the Sunbright family and Starglow, unless I am incredibly lucky. I have a set limit on how much I am willing to spend for individuals and for lots and I need to stick by it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:33:53 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »
G4 star swirl defantly
thats a toss up between moondancer and baby ribbs
it seems the everyones is different so..
well honestly any of the orignal 6 when at a flea market I came across a ff blossom it was such and electrifying experience I know they arnt that valuable but I think they are very special being the first

G2 copper glow and uk gypsy!

I collcot any ponys that suit my fancy.

a few less expensive ones if I could only have so many I would probably just have moondancer and baby ribbs

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
Ok...gosh that's a lot of questions in one thread!

MO Sprinkles...wow...she was a long and hard search

Baby Fifi of course :)

Gusty or Ice Crystal

Cotton Candy - everything about her is just so perfectly MLP

An upgrade for Baby Pineapple!

I collect all the poniez.....

Hmmm...honestly I would not prefer one over the other.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »

G1 -- Mail Order Napper and MO Star Hopper 
G3 -- October Calendula
G4 -- Star Swirl and Rainbow Flash MIB

Baby Frosting, because she is a childhood pony, and I'm 100% sure that she was mine (and not my sister's) since I remember getting the party gift pack. My daughter calls her "Frozen" and it's the cutest thing!

3. Who do you think the most sought after pony is? (Apparently it's not Rapunzel  )

Expensive: TAF Nightglider seems to be a very popular one. Or one of the rarer wingers, like Cool Breeze. Regular: A minty version of a common pony, like a Party Time without regrind, or a Gusty without discoloration.

Peachy. There are probably enough of her to circle the Earth five times, so why not make it a requirement for every collector to have one (or 20)?

Expensive: Mimic -- I know, I'm not very original.
Regular: Now that I know there are Celestia-zilla and Cadence-zilla, I must have them. And I'd like to get a G4 Spike figure to go with our brushables.

Set. Although I only have one complete set, I would like to have them all. (Well, almost ...)

Ooh, that's a tough one. One rare pony. The most I've spent on a G1 is $20, and I would rather have one $20 pony than four $5 ponies. If I was willing to drop hundreds, I think I'd personally rather have Sweet Scoops than the same dollar value of common ponies. If I planned to have a large collection, the opposite would be true.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2015, 12:26:20 AM »
Italian Blue lickity split!

Posey and ribbon!

hmmm in terms of collectors wanting to own? Year 2 unicorns and Pegasus! Everyone loves them and has to get them! Mimic gets a lot of attention too!

SS Angel! She's to pretty!

Spanish sweet tooth!!!!!

Individuals!

Depends on the ponies! Like I'd love a nightlight but I also have a lot of commons on my wish list too!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2015, 03:39:57 AM »
Ice Crystal - out of all the ponies I've bought he was the one I was most excited for as I got him really cheap and you know, that kind of stuff is exciting xD

Baby Leafy. I know he's a cow and not a pony but he's my favourite all the same.

Mimic? Or perhaps the TAF babies? I'm not sure.

Either Jazzie or Chief. Both of those ponies have such unique characteristics that they don't blend in at all. Yes, Jazzie is part of a set of three in exactly the same pose, however I think her colours make her stand out the most. She's so vibrant. As for Chief, his accessories and overall theme are just the cutest thing.

Hmm, there's no pony I'm actively seeking out at the moment but I'd like Surprise. And Mummy Berrytown.

Generally I collect individuals, but often once I have one of a set I often like to collect the others too (happened with the Rollerskate ponies, Big Brothers, Mountain Boys and Family ponies xD)

To be honest it depends on what ponies they are. If someone said "You can have Rapunzel or these few more common ones" I'd pick Rapunzel. But if it was a rare pony I wasn't interested in buying, such as Mimic or Sweet Scoops, I'd go for the more common ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2015, 07:19:44 AM »
Fast answers!

1. Most "valuable" / proud moment / grail-y pony
My new Dutch ponies.  :biggrin:

2. Favorite pony
Top three: #1 Dancing Butterflies, #2 Starshine, #3 Posey

3. Most sought after pony
Mimic  >_<

4. Add one pony to collection, who and why
Firefly. Because, Firefly. :cool:

5. Current most wanted pony
G1 Starry Wings

6. Collect individuals or sets
I collect everypony!! :freak:

7. One rare pony or a few new less expensive ones?
Many less expensive.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »
I don't have anything super impressive, but I have a few nice ponies.  I'm torn between my minty Cool Breeze and blue hearts Dazzleglow.  They're both just stunning!

Waterfire, I just about lost it when I learned of the existence of a "Contradiction Pony".  Her colors and personality are wonderful too.  Plus, that little flame in her eyes in such a unique touch~

Rare:  The Mountain Boys, especially Ice Crystal.
Common: It seems to me that Snuzzle is really sought after and generally a bit trickier to find.

Abra-ca-dabra would be my choice, the witch outfit is too awesome and her colors are very striking in person.

A long-term goal would be to find a Takara pony dirt-cheap (ha ha).  I would really love to find a beautiful minty Majesty sooner, she is my favorite G1 and I think I would just about die of happiness to get her.

I'm not much of a set completer, although there are some sets I would really like to complete eventually.

I would prefer one rare pony honestly.  I'll have plenty of time to seek out common ponies, but who knows when a rare pony will pop up again.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2015, 05:23:25 PM »
1. My most grail-y valuable pony is GITD UK Princess Royal Blue.

2. Same as #1

3. For the G1 line I would say Nightglider is the most sought after just for the simple fact I see people constantly searching for her in their want lists and because she's stunning.

4. If I could advise the pony community to pick up a pony it would be Moonstone because she has it all: glitter, rainbows, celestial imagery. And she's not too costly!

5. The pony I want most right now is TAF Baby Dancing Butterflies.

6. I collect G1s. All of them.

7. I would rather have one rare pony as long as it's one that I really want.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »

I would have to say Okely the moose, She is very sought after and difrent so I was happy to get her in a craigs list lot and paid very little for her Mint.
-
My favorite pony? Geez that's a tough one..I can't really just choose one so..I'll have to go with my baby sea pony water lilly, Munchy, okely.

Mimmic, and Gusty.

Gusty

I'd like to have the slipper sweet shop complete.

By set.

Less expensive grate condition!

Altho right now I am dreaming of a clean white glass cabnet filled with near mint clean ponies at my cute little house that I don't have..

I'd rather have a nice smallish collection as apose a huge one that over flows into every room and things get lost and clutter.

I need more merch!
:accomplished:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »

well for the moment I am really proud to own a greek pink Firefly MOC as I love her at first sight, when I was discovering greeks and I have been looking for her since this time.

Tickle!!!!  ^.^ ^.^ my childhood pony and yes to me she is just the cutest pony ever done!! (ok i admit just before the greek fireflies, medleys etc etc  :P )

3. Who do you think the most sought after pony is?

I would say Bubbles or Seashell, they are "common" on one hand but one the other hand quite sought after as they are sitting ponies  ;)

Tickle, everyone MUST have Tickle in their collection, she is sooo great: rainbow hair, lovely pegasus pose, so nice head, an amazing purple colour  ^.^ ^.^

as I am a dreamer (and also a real crazy girl) I really really dream to have a yellow greek pony such as Twilight or Moondancer or the amazing blue Firefly.  :lol:

by set: I mean I dream to have all greeks ponies MOC

i love grail/ dream ponies so I would say one rare pony  :)

MLP forever MLP pour toujours

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal