collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Ponies, strangely addictive. Do you agree with me? :)  (Read 1581 times)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Blind Bag Ponies, strangely addictive. Do you agree with me? :)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »
I love them, but the waves started coming thick and fast and they weren't always out here, so at some point I gave up and am actually thinking of paring down what I have. I think I have the first 10 waves complete? Might be missing a couple from 10.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »
Never bought one in my life and don't intent to. I didn't know the price untill I read this thread. Seems way too much for such a tiny piece of plastic.

I understand that it can be addictive, cause since you can't see what's inside, there's always a chance of getting something special. But the fact that remains that you might get a figure you already have. That must suck.

I remember buying Pokemon cards when I was little and getting the same damn cards in the pack for 7.99 euro each. Maybe getting 1 or 2 every time that I didn't have yet.

The main reason is that I simply don't care for G4. I have 3 G4 pluh of characters I liked from the show. I started watching the show VERY late, about 3 months ago.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
I used to be into it big time. I have complete sets (including the display boxes for 3) of Wave 1,3,4,5, and 6, and an incomplete 2, plus several of those BB size sets, and a scattering of the newer waves. And my custom set of G1 characters.  It was fun at first running around to every Walmart in the area, looking at the bag codes to find the ones I needed (I did buy 1 complete set online). But anymore it's just the same ponies over and over with slight modifications. I am looking forward to the Nightmare Night set. Especially Luna's chariot. :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »
I was pretty into the blind bags until Wave 12. Before then they'd been on a good kick of making new characters, but ever since W12 it's been too heavy on rereleasing not just individual figures but entire waves, and I'm just... not there for that. I get the impression that all the budget for creativity is spent on the story packs and things nowadays.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:10:31 PM by Violet CLM »

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
Blind bags got me into collecting MLP.  I used to prefer them over the brushables for the lower price and more convenient size. But ever since they've jacked up prices, they've had less appeal, and I spent the money on other pony toys. I love the FiM collection ones, though.  I bought all of the first two sets last year, and will get the new one once they're all out in stores and on sale.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:31 AM »
I really like blind bags and their sets :) I miss a few of wave 2 and waves 13 and 15.
Unfortunately they are very hard to come by these days over here.  Online I can buy them for 2,50 but then there is the shipping costs.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 12:24:00 AM »
I really like blind bags and their sets :) I miss a few of wave 2 and waves 13 and 15.
Unfortunately they are very hard to come by these days over here.  Online I can buy them for 2,50 but then there is the shipping costs.

I found Wave 15 ones at Toys XL and Toychamp. :) Claire's has Wave 15 A or B

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 02:06:53 AM »

I found Wave 15 ones at Toys XL and Toychamp. :) Claire's has Wave 15 A or B

From Toysxl must have been recent then since I haven't seen them when I was over there not long ago, And Claires charges 4 euros for a bag so thats the last place where to buy them.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 06:37:51 AM »
Yes! Blind bags are my favorite things to collect actually. The little blind bags like you showed in the picture, Funko blind boxes, etc. I definitely prefer molded ponies over brushables so that may be a reason. But I think they are so adorable and tiny. I have TONS of them, at least a hundred. I would take a picture but they're not all in the same location. I use them with my g3 ponyville playsets so they're all set up in little scenes across my room. Plus I just bought a bunch more so those aren't on display yet. But I definitely love them.  :biggrin:

Pony-mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 12:30:51 PM »
I have to agree with most of you that the blind bag ponies indeed are a bit pricey for what they are. I'm paying 3 Euro per bag.

However, that being said, I'm happy to say that I was finally able to complete wave 15 today  :)

It's nice to have a complete collection. If not, the ones I'm missing would haunt me forever, haha.

I wonder when wave 16 is being released?

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 08:46:41 PM »
I dont think I would buy them either. Not just the price I love the old standard brushable over the small little tiny ponies. I never was into petite ponies also. :/ To each their own.

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 10:14:09 PM »
I was really curious so I got a bling bag today at walmart and paid $3.50 for it... really disappointing considering that her paint is messed up or not applied properly in several areas, and her head is a very different color from her body. :/ I like the little ones but I don't think I'll be buying any more.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 09:23:47 AM »
I've purchased several blind bags before but quickly lost interest.  However,  I adore the FiM collection.  It has buildings and ponies in unique poses.  I'm working on fixing up a space to build a pony village and train display using the train with the track.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
For anyone who is interested in the blind bag ponies but are turned away because of the price, you may consider checking Fred Meyer (in the U.S., idk if this is in other countries). They have sales every now and then for 50% off MLP, buy one get one free, etc. so it makes the ponies around $1.50. I always wait and get my blind bag ponies from there on that sale and it saves me a bunch of money. There's also some arena members who sell them for $1 each, just check! My Walmart have also been reducing the older collections to $2 to make room for the new set I think. Also target's app Cartwheel has sales on MLP quite often which can allow you to snag the blind bag ponies way cheaper.  ;)

Offline Shadoweon

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
These are the pony related things that I buy the most, I really like the clear/translucent type ones especially. They look cute if you sort them by color and display them that way. Yes they are just recolors but I enjoy having them.

Around here they are about $2.88 so I don't think thats all that bad at all unless you're trying to get the whole wave.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:09:59 PM by Shadoweon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal