collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rapunzel (I am so sad!)  (Read 3410 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rapunzel (I am so sad!)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! NOOOOOOO! :wail:
 :cloud:  :sad: :cloud: :sad: :cloud: :sad:

Rapunzel is my DREAM G1 pony. I will never get her....not in a quadrillion years! You had her!? Aaaaaa curse dumb parents donating the cool kid toys. That stuff is supposed to be kept for nostalgia! Mwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....:wail:

Emerald

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »
I had TWO of her.  :cry: :cry: :cry: I will never have her again, either, unless the market drastically changes. I can't afford her and even if I could I have NEVER seen one for sale.

Offline Harabel

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »
Woooow I know that fell....  :(
I had two brazilian Baby Cuddles and one brazilian Love Melody when I was child and they were stolen for me... and the most curious part was I had completely forgot that I had two babies and the Love Melody..
The babies here is a quite easy to found but Love Melody.... I'd never saw other again..  :(

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »
I dont understand parents that get rid of their childrens toys like that. I could never do somehing like that to my child. It should be the childs choice.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 10:36:59 AM »
This may be a pointless chase, but do you know if your mom gave them to someone in particular, or to a thrift shop/yard sale, or what?  If she gave them *to* someone, or to a preschool, or a church, you have a small chance of being able to track them down...  Perhaps she gave them to a younger cousin or something?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Lala

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »
I dont understand parents that get rid of their childrens toys like that. I could never do somehing like that to my child. It should be the childs choice.

I've been saying this my whole life!!! When I lived with my grandma from birth to childhood, she never got rid of her children's toys I got to play with my own moms childhood toys! Hence, I was introduced to G1! (Melody, Bouncy Glory, Moondancer, Seashell, Sunbeam ooooh how I miss you!)

When my mom decided to get married to an American guy (my first stepdad) he ALWAYS threw away our toys. And maaan I had a HUGE Star Wars episode 1 toy collection from Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Burger King. Yup- he even threw away happy meal ones! I used to HIDE my large Pokemon toys (aquired from garage sales) in the attic and play with them when no one was around. When he found my figures and Pokemon cards, he threw it all away when I was 8- and said I was 'too obsessed with "poke-man" and too old for toys'. what. Comin' from the guy who had a teddy bear from his mom who lived down the street... and dear god if if got misplaced it was nasty. Hypocrites!

Bottom line, child should be the one to decide! If not- it can be traumatizing.  I myself had to go through therapy for loosing my Pokemon collection and my mom actually divorced that LOSER because I was depressed at 8 years old for not being allowed to play like a KID!  :razz:

If I where to have a kid I would keep their favorite childhood toys in a box and put it in the attic to save for their kids- like my Oma did for me! Like a time capsule!

WHAT TWO RAPUNZEL!? :drunk: AAAAAAAAAH! Whyyy can't I time travel!? :cry:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:14:36 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »
You will find so many people who no longer have their childhood ponies - so plenty of people to sympathise with you. I do like Taffeta's point...if you dont actually remember her perhaps she was not a pony you were super attached to.

Yes, she is very pricey but she comes up for sale with reasonable regularity. Have you considered getting a custom of her? that will be much more affordable if you must have her again in your collection. Or perhaps when someone is selling her, seeing if they offer a payment plan? Or starting your own saving plan in order to afford her one day in the future...when the timing is better?

She is a very pretty pony but there are so many other stunning and adorable ponies out there, I am sure you will quickly track down someone who will capture your heart.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Emerald

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »
I was in a car accident when I was 8 and have significant memory loss as a result, so a lot of my childhood is gone. It sounds like I cared about her but I don't remember it. It's not the end of the world, but I do have complete G1 collection dreams and some day I WILL have her!  :biggrin: I thought I wouldn't but my husband has informed me that he is on team ~complete~ so someday she's happening. The ponies I remember I mostly remember from photos and videos. I only vividly remember first hand accounts of video Firefly and Goldilocks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:08:45 PM by Emerald »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 05:30:01 PM »

Well it has to do with space. We all only have so much space in our rooms and houses and toyboxes. Some of it is about passing down stuff for younger relatives to enjoy too.

I do give away some of my kids toys to younger relatives or charity, I just make sure its the ones she doesn't play with anymore, I never give away her favorites. If I kept every single toy she's ever been given, the poor kid wouldn't be able to sleep in her room. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:10:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 01:53:06 AM »
Waaaaaaah! I will cry with you. That is incredibly sad, and it's even worse after hearing what happened to yours. I'm glad to hear that you plan to replace her someday.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »

Well it has to do with space. We all only have so much space in our rooms and houses and toyboxes. Some of it is about passing down stuff for younger relatives to enjoy too.

I do give away some of my kids toys to younger relatives or charity, I just make sure its the ones she doesn't play with anymore, I never give away her favorites. If I kept every single toy she's ever been given, the poor kid wouldn't be able to sleep in her room. :lol:

This is sensible, but would you give away your child's toys without consulting your child - and while that child is STILL a child herself? 10 is a bit young to decide for the child that she's too young for something you know she still loves. That's what happened with Emerald's toys.

I think some people in this thread are being kind of cavalier and insensitive in the way they're trying to just shrug off something - just because it wouldn't bother you doesn't mean it isn't worth being sad about.  :huh:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
I struggle with hearing these kinds of stories - my mom was adamant about saving my toys even when I was begging her to let me sell them. 

Well now that you are an adult, you can ask your mother why she felt she needed to be so disrespectful of your property!  I would demand an answer... why was her need for clutter-pick-up more important than your emotional well-being?  And are you free to select some items from her personal property and dispose of them?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 09:26:09 AM »
Right people...everyone is entitled to their opinions and has their own experiences which may let us see the background to this story from a different angle. Lets not assume anything or cast our own opinions on other people.

Keep to the topic of the original post please.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Firecloud

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 10:21:02 AM »
No way!! im crying right now with you!!
Mexican Pony Boy

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 01:16:37 PM »

This is sensible, but would you give away your child's toys without consulting your child - and while that child is STILL a child herself? 10 is a bit young to decide for the child that she's too young for something you know she still loves. That's what happened with Emerald's toys.

I think some people in this thread are being kind of cavalier and insensitive in the way they're trying to just shrug off something - just because it wouldn't bother you doesn't mean it isn't worth being sad about.  :huh:

She's always there when I do it, and can be very helpful pointing out which toys she does want and which ones she doesn't want. It's not a bad thing to give away stuff she no longer wants to someone else who might love them and as I said before she only has so much space in her toybox and in her room.

Not everyone is cavalier and insensitive just because they give away stuff their kid has outgrown or doesn't want anymore. Would appreciate it kindly if you did not broadbrush. Thank you.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal