collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rapunzel (I am so sad!)  (Read 3409 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
Rapunzel (I am so sad!)
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:56 PM »
I was looking at some g1 photos online with my 5 year old and we came across a few shots of Rapunzel. I told her that we do not have her and may never considering how much she goes for now. My mom came up behind me and said "You had that one. You had two of them"  :shocked:

Apparently I got one at a yard sale in my neighborhood and my cousin gave me one that her dad had sent away for but she didn't want.

My mom gave all of my toys away when I turned 10. I don't have any of my childhood ponies anymore.

CRY WITH ME!

Offline QueenNatalie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • /insert edgy song lyric here/
    • View Profile
Re: Rapunzel (I am so sad!)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »
 :shocked: :cry: :wail: :wail: As someone who still has all of my childhood ponies, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose all of them, let alone to know you had one like Rapunzel and lost it!! My condolences, friend.  :cloud:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Emerald

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 03:31:54 PM »
I get super sad when I see my old favorites pop up on ebay (movie Firefly and Goldilocks) since I don't have money to buy anything right now. I had A TON of ponies as a child and don't even remember one Rapunzel, let alone two. I wish I had just oooooone of them still. I have to admit I get jealous of those of you who still have your childhood collections.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 03:45:32 PM »
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 03:56:25 PM »
Oh, no!!!  That's terrible!!!   :sad:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »
Maybe your mom just had her confused with Goldilocks. She's not as valuable...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 04:54:33 PM »
Maybe your mom just had her confused with Goldilocks. She's not as valuable...

That is possible. And think of it this way. If you don't remember having her, then she didn't capture your heart like some of the others. Pony value is measured in how much you love them, really, since prices fluctuate and the bottom could fall out of the sale market tomorrow for all we know.

I still have my childhood ponies, for which I am grateful, but all my original early backcards and rare stickers like the Mountain Boy stickers are gone for good, lost in one of the two moves my family made around that time. Also, of all my ponies, it would be Thundercloud and Sunburst who suffered cracked hooves. I won't ever upgrade them, Sunburst especially has a special memory, but it would be the Mountain Boys and the MB stickers and cards...rather than something more common.

Such is life ><
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:01:45 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »
Well in all honesty, we really don't know what will become collectors items. As a kid, they're our toys, as an adult, they're hermagerd, holy expensive grail/easy cash/childhood loves.

That being said, I know how you feel. My mom gave away all my ponies and other toys and some I can't get back because they're hard to find or the prices are insane. This includes a MGR MLP, several Breyers long out of stock and even Princess of Power horses.I was fortunate enough to get my childhood Dazzleglow back, so to speak. May you get tons of pony luck and have a new Rapunzel again.

Big hugs Emerald.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:04:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »
brb, pouring one out for Punzie

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Emerald

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »
Goldilocks was my favorite (with video Firefly) so nobody would confuse that one for another since I always had her on me.  :rainbow: I have dreams of a complete G1 collection so having this one from childhood would be helpful there. If I had two I'd honestly give the other one to my kids. I don't have any interest in making money off of ponies, I just want to share the love with my babies and collect for fun. Not an option now though. Thanks, Mom.  :pout:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 07:26:55 PM »
 :( :(

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 08:51:36 PM »
Well in all honesty, we really don't know what will become collectors items. As a kid, they're our toys, as an adult, they're hermagerd, holy expensive grail/easy cash/childhood loves.

That's very true, so let this be a lesson to you. Never let anything go or sell anything, even in a garage sale! Never throw anything out--even trash or McDonalds ponies (which are the same thing)--because a day will come when you wish you still had that McDonald's pony or empty milk jug!

JK, but maybe what you need is a good dose of sour grapes. Just look at Rapunzel's noodle leg, and tell yourself, "ugh, I could never get past that horrible noodle leg! What was Hasbro thinking?! It's like when professor Lockhart tried to heal Harry Potter's broken arm, and instead he vanished all the bones!" Then you will feel all better.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 09:22:42 AM »
Ugh, I feel your pain; my dad gave away all my childhood ponies, fortunately those I loved most were relatively easy to replace (except for Sleepy Head, that elusive little blighter is still on the to-do list!) Hopefully you will be reunited with Rapunzel someday - pony luck to you! :heart:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »
Oh wow. that is devastating I don't know how to over come that statement. So sad. I think what makes me feel better about giving almost ALL of my childhood ponies away is that maybe they went to other collectors. However, the feeling that gets me is I never know if I had one of my childhood ponies and gave it or traded away.  :cry:

Emerald

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 09:49:45 AM »
Oh I know where mine went, but that makes it worse. My mom said that one of them I kept putting in my backpack and the hair kept getting caught in the zipper, so I tore the zipper apart the free the pony and she threw the pony away as a punishment for ruining my backpack.  :cry: The remaining one went to my cousin who was like three years old when all of my toys were given to her. I don't remember the fate of my ponies with her but I know all of my Barbies got covered in sharpie so I can only imagine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal