collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you buy a Pony for design even if you don't like the character?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Would you buy a Pony for design even if you don't like the character?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
I would buy anything that's a new character even if it was a random oc.

LOL. On the G4 front, that is a very good point.

Plenty for G1, and I figured I can always change their personalities to suit my taste. The following names are:

Paradise, Truly, Heart Throb, Lickety Split and Gusty. I never understood why Gusty had to be so nasty like she's constantly passive aggressive.

Yikes, I didn't know that about the show's Gusty. I had been thinking of watching an episode with her to see what she was like. In her case, perhaps the show's version and the toy's version don't really mesh. Her backcard makes her sound like a nice Pony. (Although that's true of most of the backcards....)

If I like the look of the toy, I'm all for it - the show personality doesn't really come in to play at all for me. Especially because they change all of the time...

LOL. Oh, how true that is. Especially for FiM these days.

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
I would buy anything that's a new character even if it was a random oc.

LOL. On the G4 front, that is a very good point.

Yeah, I'm serious.

Princess Darknessheart Scarsky:

Hates mane 6, dating King Sombra, stronger than Chrysalis and Celestia combined, fastest flyer in Equestria, best in magic and cannot be stopped with the elements.

/throws in shopping cart and walks past repeats

I like to have the diversity when I set up all my G4 characters. I don't want a million Pinkie Pies next to each other. What do they even think kids will do with 34 Rainbow Dashes or even how will they play with them!?

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
I think Fluttershy is really pretty except with the hair in her face.  She's pretty much G1 Posey.  I am just tired of her shyness and stuff like that.  I also like Rainbow Dash and she isn't as much of a bully as she used to be.  I'd consider getting Rainbow Dash, but not Fluttershy.  I was going to get the funko vinyl of Rainbow Dash but her eyes look weird.  Too rounded or something.  :wonder:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
I go by how the toys look.  Even if I don't like the character, I'll buy a toy if I love how it looks.  But it also works the reverse way.  I won't buy a character I like if I don't care for the design of the toy.

I guess because its my toy, I feel it can have any personality I want it to have.  After all, there are thousands of clones of  the same pony.  They can't all be the same.    :blush: :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 05:17:21 PM »
Can't really give you an answer to that when it comes to ponies.
I like FiM, but am not too much into the actual toyline.
On the other hand I have barely seen anything of G1 cartoon in 2 decades, but am all over the toys. (And missed out on G3 cartoon entirely)
So in the case of ponies, if it's pretty, I'll have it. I don't have any reference for their personalities anyways.

I do notice in other collections that the personality of the associated character has a very big influence on how much I may want a toy.
It's not like I won't have interest in simply pretty looking toys, but with a limited budget at my disposal, I will prioritize those toys where I love both it's looks and the associated personality. (Given, I can be a bit of a fan girl about certain characters, so I maaaay have ended up with several small armies there. Whoops :p)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2014, 07:56:35 PM »
Of course!  They all end up with their own personalities in my little universe.  Out of my G1 collection, Baby Tiddlywinks is a bratty little snot who makes fun of the other babies.  In my G4's, Trixie is a very nice pony and is one of Twilight Sparkles best friends.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 06:50:46 AM »
This is one of the reasons I haven't watched FiM to be honest; I'm not sure I'd want a toy of a character I disliked and likewise I don't want there to be a character that I do dislike.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal