collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what were you THINKING!?!  (Read 1157 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
what were you THINKING!?!
« on: November 29, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
Found 2 G1 ponies just now at a Goodwill i've NEVER found ponies at! YAY!!...un-yay...SS Buttons and TE Masquerade are MINT...and i mean mint! Buttons has original curl and her flocking is lovely, and Masquerade's eyes twinkle and spakle like they just came from the card...and they wrote the price in oil pen on their sides   :cry:

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: what were you THINKING!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 05:08:23 AM »
That is just awful  :cry: why would you write a price straight onto the pony  :| So sad

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 05:10:27 AM »
Ooo, that's harsh. That's why I prefer value village for ponies... They put them in bags and have the tag printed on a piece of paper to the bag.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 05:13:11 AM »
Just wow. Did you say anything?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:19:49 AM »
Ugh, what in the world? Do they not know or just not care that they're considered collectibles with value based largely on condition? :/
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:24:28 AM »
I don't get why they would do that. Who wants to buy stuff with the price written on it!?
No matter what the object is, that just decreases the value and the likelihood it will be bought.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 05:29:36 AM »
Ugh, what in the world? Do they not know or just not care that they're considered collectibles with value based largely on condition? :/
Goodwill pretty much doesn't care what the value of the items it gets are... and most of the workers are... well as far as I know, oblivious.

Makes me glad that the Two Goodwills here use sticker tags... but those could be just as damaging x.x
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 05:39:12 AM »
Goodwill pretty much doesn't care what the value of the items it gets are... and most of the workers are... well as far as I know, oblivious.

Makes me glad that the Two Goodwills here use sticker tags... but those could be just as damaging x.x

Yeah... :( The worst I've seen at Savers was occasionally pony hair gets in the way of staples or tape that holds the baggies shut, which by comparison isn't that bad.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 05:43:10 AM »
That stinks :(  What is oil pen- is that like wax pencil?  Do you think you will be able to remove it?

I can't believe they would write directly onto the ponies like that.  Even if they weren't collectibles, what kid wants a toy with the price scribbled all over it?  Big time fail Goodwill.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »
Just wow. Did you say anything?

I've said stuff in the past to them, but they "took it under advisement" if you catch my drift. I just shake my head and am trying to figure out how to remove it without grinding it further into the skin of the pony...it's oil pen, so it's not a straight forward cleaning at all...and it's RED pen, too which is worse. If anyone has any ideas i'm way open to them :) I've never seen 2 such lovely girls...makes me sad  :cry:

Post Merge: November 29, 2013, 05:48:24 AM

That stinks :(  What is oil pen- is that like wax pencil?  Do you think you will be able to remove it?

I can't believe they would write directly onto the ponies like that.  Even if they weren't collectibles, what kid wants a toy with the price scribbled all over it?  Big time fail Goodwill.

No, wax pen offers its own challenges, but oil pen is designed not to be removed or to at least leave a readable stain behind...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:48:24 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 05:55:12 AM »
I have had some luck removing paint by rubbing with mineral oil. But I do not know of these 'oil pens' of which you speak (sorry been watching too much Next Gen. Can you try different things out on a bait if you could get the same pen? I wonder what Hathorcat would say...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »
Oh geeze.  I don't know much about oil pens but is there a way the ink can come off?  Maybe by using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?  That stuff gets out pretty much anything.

I can imagine how you must have felt.  I guess Goodwill was too lazy to make a price tag or put them in a ziplock bag or something.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »
Ouch.  Sorry to hear that.  :/
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 07:22:09 AM »
 :shocked: that's terrible, I cannot believe they did that! Congrats on your find though :) Come to think of it, I've never seen ponies at the goodwill stores here :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Eldarwen

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »
I can't understand why they do that.. Even if I wasnt a collector, I wouldnt buy anything with writing on it.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal