collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The ponies we lost...  (Read 1197 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: The ponies we lost...
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
my family knew that selling or giving my ponies away was a right for disowning them.
(my rt desk has a secret pony stalls in the back so it's actually a chore to get to them. kept them safe all these years)
but there are a few ponies and accessories i can't find anywhere.
firefly, sundance and the castle have all gone missing.
plus most of my boy's hats etc.

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »
Thankfully, I haven't lost a pony of my own. My sister had a Glory which is lost somewhere in the nether. I thought I'd lost my Star Hopper for several years, but then I found her and was a happy clam *_*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 09:34:42 PM »
I lost all of mine due to playing with them in the bath. They got super moldy so my mom had to throw them away :(

I had Sweet Stuff, Barnacle, the pink "eyelash" princess pony, and Princess Primrose (that I can remember). Only Sweet Stuff made it but she has the most brittle hair and bad cancer. I wouldn't dare part with her though!

Hexi

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »
i wasnt a huge MLP kid but i did find a Ribbon and that glittery princess with the light up crown in a huge box of MLPs at a carboot sale when i was younger once. i say find but Ribbon was chosen by my brother because she was blue green and red and i liked pink glittery things. XD we were only allowed 1 pony eahc otherwise i'd have bought the whole box. pretty sure they were all like £1 each or something too.

Dunno what happened to them but we moved to america and i never saw them again. I remember thinking that Ribbon was one of the ponies that changed colour in the sun so made my brother leave her out in the sun to see what happened. XD

Beth: yeah i'm totally keeping all my kids' toys when i have them. my mum still has all my barbies, beanie babies and polly pockets up it the loft/attic. :)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 01:35:52 AM »
I was a Military Brat growing up, so we moved ALOT. I remember I lost my very first and favorite pony (Baby Firefly) during one of those moves and I was heartbroken. I had 4 other ponies as well growing up and have no idea what happened to my SS Ribbon. I do remember giving away my BBE Baby Shady and my twins Jabber and Jebber at a garage sale when I was like 13. That's really sad because I started collecting when I was 18 and really regretted giving my few remaining childhood ponies away for free.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

autojoy

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »
This is a sad, yet strangely comforting thread.

Agreed.

Well, I guess I'm the same as a lot of others! I grew up, went to uni, and my mum gave my ponies to the charity shop when I was away. She told me she'd done it, and at the time I don't think I was so bothered... but within a couple of years, I knew it had been a big mistake :cry: I've been putting together a list of the ones I had: Flower Burst, Starglow, Baby Bridesmaid, Sugar Sweet, Hulahula/Sailaway, four Petites, Magic Hat, Wind Drifter, Talk-a-lot, Baby Snookums, Baby Softsteps... Starglow sat on my bedside table; she was sooooooooooooo special-looking to me. I remember getting some christmas&birthday money from my uncle, and going to get a pony from TRU, which was Magic Hat, and opening her and playing with her on the train back. There's a photo of me and Sugar Sweet somewhere. Those three were my favourites  :cry:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:48:51 AM by autojoy »

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »
I'm lucky enough to have not only all my childhood ponies, but all of my sister's too! That doesn't mean there weren't incidents though...my mother slowly pilfered bits of my Dream Castle when I was at school & chucked them. All I have left are a few carefully hidden accessories.

The worst one was my fault though. In ?second? grade I took Majesty to school all duded out in her crown & shoes. During recess she & I took a nice long ride on the merry-go-round so she could 'fly'. Did I mention mostly upside down? Lost her crown, of course. I searched for it every recess for days...How those ill-fitting shoes survived instead mystifies me to this day.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 10:08:23 AM »
Dad threw out Dream Castle when I was younger. It kept falling apart, he thought it was broken. I don't know where Majesty went, but I kept Spike, the mirror, the blue box, bed.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Vulpy

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
This thread. T-T

When I was a kid, I had 5 G3s. Sparkleworks (II), Tulip Twinkle, Moondancer, Petal Lily (long hair) and Autumn Skye. I think I also had my mom's childhood G1s. Moonstone, Windy, Peachy, can't remember who else. I was living with my mom and my nan. When I was 13, my nan passed. Then my mom's evil sister made us move (she owned the house too now), because she wanted to sell the house. When we moved, we couldn't fit everything into the moving van, so we decided to come back for the rest of the stuff later. But when we tried to get the other stuff back, she wouldn't let us. She either sold, or threw the stuff away. I lost all my ponies, EXCEPT for Sparkleworks and Tulip Twinkle. I also lost my talking Pikachu, and many other things. T^T

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 11:32:02 AM »
When I was in third grade, my mom decided that I needed to divide up my pony collection amongst my younger cousins to "downsize."  Welp, two by two I had to choose which pony to keep and which pony to give away.  It was very traumatizing and I haven't let her live it down to this day (I'm almost 30!). 

My younger cousins liked to mutilate their toys but one of them did return some of my ponies I had given her, Cool Breeze, actually.  She was covered in dirt, lol, but now back in her rightful place in my collection.

In fact, I went to the Fair last year for the first time with the intent on finding SS Cupcake.  I had to choose between her and SS Heart Throb.  I found her and now Heart Throb is happy again, years later, lol.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »
Oh my gosh what sad stories! I suppose the silver lining is that even though so many of us lost childhood toys or misplaced ponies over the years, it has not stopped us collecting ponies again and becoming members of such an awesome community.

And I think we need a group hug -  :grouphug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »
Oh my gosh what sad stories! I suppose the silver lining is that even though so many of us lost childhood toys or misplaced ponies over the years, it has not stopped us collecting ponies again and becoming members of such an awesome community.

Losing my favourite ponies was what led me to this forum - a box containing (of course) my favourite ponies - Minty, Medley, Applejack, Skydancer, Moondancer, etc, etc - went AWOL during a move.  I still had about half my original collection left, so when it came round to replacing the missing ones, I eventually found my way here.  And stayed! :lol:

And I think we need a group hug -  :grouphug:

^ And this sort of kindness is exactly why I'm still here.  I've seldom met a more wonderful group of people. :hug:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

thekozmicpig

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
Growing up, my sister had, (after some serious searching in stores while on vacation), the complete set of Secret Surprise Ponies. They have all been lost to time (or the attic of no return), except for Stardazzle, which I found a couple months ago and took to my room.

She is missing pretty much everything. Saddle, treasure, key, etc. and her hair is awfully dry, but at least she's not in a dump somewhere.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
I guess at one time I had Quackers... Where did you go?
The one photo that I have of me holding a pony as a child is with her. So, she is not part of my surviving 10 original ponies... so I guess she's lost #11... (I'm happy to report that she has been replaced.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
The only pony I ever lost was my beloved so soft wind whistler , I have no idea how I lost her.  I still have all the others though, they were stuffed in a tote and put in the attic.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal