collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The ponies we lost...  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
The ponies we lost...
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »
So this thread is dedicated to those ponies we once owned, but are lost to the ages. Selling them doesn't count!

When I was 4 I went on holiday to Lanzarote, and my mini suitcase got lost by the baggage handlers. I lost Mainsail, one of my alltime faves. I also think I may have owned Fizzy at some point, and this is how she disappeared.

I also had a no symbol/no mechanism happy tails pony - she came in this weird German/Dutch pack with rosedust (without her shell button and wings), and a bunch of accessories, including two princess clip on crowns. And a yellow wand (they're all lost too).

When I restarted collecting in my teens, I put all the itty bitty accessories in a "safe place" - and lost them. That's how I lost princess sparkle's cape.

Your stories?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
Re: The ponies we lost...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »
Growing up my sister and I had Whizzer, Posey and Tic Tac Toe. Somehow over the years Tic Tac Toe disappeared. It's very distressing to me as she had been my favorite. I don't know where she could have gone, she should have been packed away with the other two or with our Barbie stuff. We've moved twice so it's possible that led to her disappearance. I still hope that one day she'll turn up in a random forgotten box.

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
I just recently discovered that I owned parasol. I found an old pic of me holding her :)
I also have the stable but no sign of lemon drop so I know I used to have her. And I remember losing baby cotton candy while walking home from school ;(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:35:10 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
All my childhood G1's, I left in a box at my parents place when I moved out and were given away. :(

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »
All my childhood G1's, I left in a box at my parents place when I moved out and were given away. :(
Changed "moved out" to "got older" and that's my story. According to them I had bins and bins of ponies growing up, all gone. No pictures of childhood ponies but I remember getting a white sea pony for Christmas once.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:49:20 PM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
I lost my Brazil Baby Gusty, the one from my childhood. ;.; Thinking about it is still painful.
From time to time I try to look for her again on my grandparents house (for a time on my childhood I use to move from city to city quite often so a large portion of my toys where stored on grandparents house).
:( I think she was the only one lost, she was my favorite (still is).

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »
I don't really rember having her but I did own a Bubble fish pony when I was little. we where given a lot of toys and a lot of toys where given away. So i have no idea other than where they went other than donation.
We are also missing my Pink star Glow Worm from the 80's
as well as a valentine nosy bear that is my moms.
Most my polly pockets where thrown in the trash by.. hmmm my sisters..

Loved and lost/gotten rid of/ thrown away toys.
:accomplished:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
This is a sad, yet strangely comforting thread. I lost my childhood Glory- my favorite pony, the one that I took everywhere, the one with paint marks on her face when she was helping me spray paint something, the one with the frizzy tail and cut mane, loose horn... after college I took her camping on an island with some friends, and I'm pretty sure she got packed up with one friend's stuff. She got all different camping stuff after that, and even though I mentioned that my pony might be packed up in there, she hasn't looked. Sigh.
The good side of that, and the reason I think it happened (cosmically), is so I would take other ponies on vacation. Now I take a different pony each time, and it's lots of fun. I get to hang out with a different pony, learn her quirks a little better, work on her personality... but I still miss Glory. A lot.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
Most of my childhood ponies were hand-me-downs from my cousins. One of them was Fireball (who I christened "Firebum") and he was my favourite by far.

When I was 5 we went on a family holiday to Australia. I was in a creche-like place for a couple of hours and Firebum came with me. Not long after leaving the creche I realised that Firebum wasn't in my hand. We went back and and the staff checked the area but Firebum had gone. :(

So if you come across a purple Mountain Boy a long way from home chances are it's him! I like to think he's been on an epic Australian adventure. :)
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »
Hmm I lost my baby Rainribbon in a move. Then when I was older I let my sis have most of my ponies to play with her G2s. I did keep my winger High Flyer, two sweet heart sisters and a princess pony with the eyelashes. They were my favorites, and I packed them in a box to keep. I can no longer find not but somewhere in my parents attic they are up there.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »
Changed "moved out" to "got older" and that's my story. According to them I had bins and bins of ponies growing up, all gone. No pictures of childhood ponies but I remember getting a white sea pony for Christmas once.

Same here. My mom sold my ponies at a garage sale or something. She said if she knew I was going to be interested in ponies nearly 12 years or so later, she would have kept them. Ponies were one of the only childhood toys that I had that eventually got sold or donated. I still have all of my Digimon toys. :P
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
Most of my childhood ponies were hand-me-downs from my cousins. One of them was Fireball (who I christened "Firebum") and he was my favourite by far.

When I was 5 we went on a family holiday to Australia. I was in a creche-like place for a couple of hours and Firebum came with me. Not long after leaving the creche I realised that Firebum wasn't in my hand. We went back and and the staff checked the area but Firebum had gone. :(

So if you come across a purple Mountain Boy a long way from home chances are it's him! I like to think he's been on an epic Australian adventure. :)

That explains why it's so hot during Christmas in Australia! There's a fireball somewhere.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
Thankfully I've never lost any. Just sold some that I regret :P
My Wish List

Offline Bren41882

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 07:51:27 PM »
All my childhood ponies(and most of my toys) were lost to a maggot infestation out toy room was next to the garage where the trash was and my stepdad never did a trash run the trash collector didn't pick up on our street for some reason so the flies had a field day laying eggs in our toys.

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
I don't have any of my childhood ponies any more.  I remember having quite a few that I loved. Princess Taffeta, Sea Ponies, Baby Sea Ponies, Flutters, Wingers, and the one that hurts the most Baby Princess Sparkle and her Buggy (i still haven't been able to replace it)

I liked to play with them in the sink and take them outside in the dirt.  They got dirty and mildewed.  I'm sure most were thrown away.  I wish i had known that i would miss them so much.  It just never occurred to me that they would be ruined :(

At least when I have children I can make sure they don't repeat my mistakes.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal