collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you collect every single G4 release despite repeats?

Yes, I have to get everything despite not being able to tell which Pinkie Pie is from the various sets!
9 (10%)
Yes, got to have my Army of main 6 ponies!
3 (3.3%)
No, I don't have the space for the Armies of Pinkies to invade my room!
5 (5.6%)
No, because what is the difference between the main ponies from set to set really?
37 (41.1%)
Indifferent. I'll get some of them if something stands out to me
32 (35.6%)
I only collect the Merchandise, not the toys
0 (0%)
Both toys and merchandise! GOT TO SNAG THEM ALL!
4 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: So do you really collect every single release?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
So do you really collect every single release?
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:55:50 AM »
Yep another 'Got to get the clones!' deal XD

For those who are following the thread on Ploomette you know she is a bonus pony that comes with... you guessed it, a main 6 character... Though in Twilight's defense I don't see her get released nearly as much in sets/packs with other ponies as much as I see Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie

So Ploomette herself kind of brought back to my mind 'How many people out there just have to get every release? Clone or not..'

Personally I don't want every release (no clones please), except for the characters I need... Only time I get doubles is for bait fodder or if something strikes my fancy... or in some cases... I'm forced to get the double...

What about you guys?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So do you really collect every single release?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »

Personally I don't want every release (no clones please), except for the characters I need... Only time I get doubles is for bait fodder or if something strikes my fancy... or in some cases... I'm forced to get the double...

I'm just like this. I'm trying to bait my doubles rather than buying a new one if at all possible, partly because my G1-3 collections are full of duplicates, I don't want to get into that habit again!

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:08:40 AM »
I collect all of the brushables with the exception of the playsets and ponies with reverse side symbols being the only difference.
I really need to count them again...  :sunny:

-Em
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 06:14:22 AM »
I avoid doubles as much as i can, that includes characters that get released in a different pose. I will only get multiples of the same character if i really like the character and if there is a very noticeable difference between the toys. Like Shine Bright Luna and the new princess mold Luna.

I consider buying "doubles" to be a waste of money and space. It's better to spend that money on an item that doesn't look like an item i already got.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:23 AM »
No, mainly because I don't have the money to do so and I don't really want every release. I get different releases if there's something to make them interesting to me but not if it's just the same pony packaged up again.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:40:46 AM »
I don't collect the G4's but I do buy them for my 3 daughters to play with/collect (waiting for the ponies with pitchforks!) but we don't go out and buy every set that is released but we are trying to get 1 of each different character released  :lol:

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »
Aside from the three different versions of Luna (regular brushable, Nightmare Moon, Princess body style) I really only want one of each character. I only end up with doubles/triples/quadruples if I'm going after a new character that is sold with an old one.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 06:59:38 AM »
If I get duplicates, I generally just customize them.  Unless they're rare, then I sell them, of course.  But the mane six isn't rare, so nothing to worry about!

I'm a bit peeved that Ploomette's coming with Twilight, honestly.  Hasbro promotes her, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash so much that the others are almost becoming rare.  They had the first plushies, they get put on more random merch... it's a pain, especially for me because they're my bottom three.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 07:21:13 AM »
I try to avoid doubles, but if i accidentally get one, it'll go to my step daughter or go for customising.  As for multiple mane 6's.  I don't mind as long as there is something different I have a Pinkie with glittery cutie mark, a Pinkie with tinsel mane and one normal one which I have permed.  I will got out and purposely get another if there is something different about her.

That said, I know there are a number of us who are MIB collectors and I can understand how they'd get a bit miffed with a constant slew of mane 6 who have just been chucked into the play sets.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
I didn't choose an option because well, I don't collect all of the main 6. Unless the first option still counts because I collect every single Rarity (including blind bags). I am only missing one and that's the new CE playful pony that's coming out in the next wave. I keep each Rarity with her accessories so I have a good idea of which set she came from (i.e. Bridle Rarity still has her necklace and dress on, Travel Rarity has her suitcase attached to her hoof, etc.). I don't really go for the different accessory color variants for Rarity (though I do have all the variant FS Raritys) or the international ones that come with a bonus pony because I'm not that OCD.

I don't really collect any other main 6. I do buy my bestie every single Fluttershy that's released for his birthday and Christmas because she is his favorite pony. So does that count? :lol: I have a Rainbow Dash brushable and a few Fluttershys (FS, Riding Along, Easter, CE and a random playful pony since I got her without any accessories at a flea market) as she is my second favorite pony. I don't have any Twilight Sparkles, AJs or Pinkie Pies as they are not my favorites and I am not too big of a fan of Rainbow Dash anymore so I've lost interest in her. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 09:46:28 AM »
I'll get it if it's a variant, but I can't afford every one because I don't have the money!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »
I only get one of each character.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
I collect every new character. Also, every oddity I can get my hands on.

Some day I hope to get the opposite cutie mark ponies.

I am a real sucker for ponies in dresses, so I have been collecting bridesmaids and the Canterlot set ponies.

Novavelle

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
in the case of ploomette, I will get that set, and don't mind having my 18th twilight lol.... but in some cases i don't bother... like the scooter sets... I only have the two packs, RD with Sky wishes and rarity with daisy dreams? I think lol.... but I didn't buy the other two singles at all.

now a days it's getting much more selective for me... then it used to anyways.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
The only ones I'll collect if there's something different about her is Rainbow Dash and Applejack since they're my favorites. I don't mind getting clones of those because I'm a shameless Rainbow Dash fangirl but I try not to.

Other than that, I pass over clones or ponies that don't really get my attention unless it cannot be avoided (like the Pinkie and White Celestia set.) Then I attempt to resell or use as bait.

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal