collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cute new Wallets!  (Read 1218 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Cute new Wallets!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 10:07:17 AM »
well if they were licensed they would have the mlp logo on the package in the least.
even if they are marketing them as brony. maybe it's inside though. not sure

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 01:45:08 PM »
well if they were licensed they would have the mlp logo on the package in the least.
even if they are marketing them as brony. maybe it's inside though. not sure

The things I have that are marketed as brony usually have the hasbro copyrights and trademarks on them, even if they don't have the logo. IE: Socks/brony bracelet/etc.

Post Merge: January 02, 2013, 01:47:40 PM

They look like they were made with images just ripped from the web, lots of shops seem to be doing it now. Its a shame that people are going to unknowingly buy bootlegged stuff.

I'm almost positive these are officially licensed by Hasbro...how does that make them bootlegs? o_o

I couldn't tell from the picture, things like this are bootlegged all the time. If they're licensed then that's cool too.

I understand, yeah, I used to see a lot of things like these in Chinatown, I had a Miku wallet that looked similar, but I think these ones are actually licensed. :P
...(I miss Chinatown, would like to move back to NY someday. *grump*)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:47:40 PM by melipuffles »

Dreamingwyld

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 03:19:51 PM »
So much fight over cute wallets XD

Well, as a female, i can say i don't let crap bother me. And the "Brony" label doesn't bug me either, but i guess mostly because i think it's cute. To me, people who hate it are usually mirror images of the 'bronies' who hate all G1 fans. It's always old vs. new, writers and artists change with the times (like everything), get over it. x3

Anyhoo, that aside they're neat wallets. Obviously geared toward a certain set of people (College/high school/ etc...) but then again, most of this MLP stuff is anyway. Because that's who watches the show, buys the stuff, and is interested in the product hasbro puts out. Simple as that. It's all marketing, and they're catching on how to do it. Research popular media (internet) and alter your product accordingly. Instant sales. It's not like Hasbro's going out of it's way to piss people off. Why would they? >>;

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 03:40:41 PM »

Well, as a female, i can say i don't let crap bother me. And the "Brony" label doesn't bug me either, but i guess mostly because i think it's cute. To me, people who hate it are usually mirror images of the 'bronies' who hate all G1 fans. It's always old vs. new, writers and artists change with the times (like everything), get over it. x3

Anyhoo, that aside they're neat wallets. Obviously geared toward a certain set of people (College/high school/ etc...) but then again, most of this MLP stuff is anyway. Because that's who watches the show, buys the stuff, and is interested in the product hasbro puts out. Simple as that. It's all marketing, and they're catching on how to do it. Research popular media (internet) and alter your product accordingly. Instant sales. It's not like Hasbro's going out of it's way to piss people off. Why would they? >>;

Not liking something is not the same as "fighting". Not wanting to join in on a fandom (and plastering a label all over yourself) is not the same as "hating".
Also, this is not a brony-centric forum. Not everyone cares about that fandom here (or the brony label) and nobody needs to like it. Just like noone here needs to like a certain gen.
To say it in your own words: "Get over it".

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dreamingwyld

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 04:22:50 PM »

Not liking something is not the same as "fighting". Not wanting to join in on a fandom (and plastering a label all over yourself) is not the same as "hating".
Also, this is not a brony-centric forum. Not everyone cares about that fandom here (or the brony label) and nobody needs to like it. Just like noone here needs to like a certain gen.

Well, i have nothing to get over since i'm not really worked up over anything. I was just looking up things and saw people bickering over wallets lol. To me pony-fans and bronies are the same thing, just different names. There's fanatics on both sides n' what not. So... yeah. Still don't see a need for so much fire. xD

LazuliRose

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »

Now who's upset...jeebus...I just thought the wallets were cute and those who enjoyed things like that would like them.  Apparently I should have removed them from the packaging before taking a picture. :silly:

Anyway, I actually like all pony generations myself, I think the brony tag is cute and not really for boys or girls, it's just the name of a fandom really.  G3 is actually my favorite XD.  I think you guys are stressing too much over labels and such...Such drama, almost seems like a certain pony showed up XDDD.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »
Ummm...lets "get over" the same old argument please :) And keep on topic.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal