collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *REVIEW*My Little Pony FIM Blind Bags Blue Series Case(from BBTS)  (Read 1240 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
So I got my package in today containing just that. So...was it worth buying the case? Let's take a look.

The box was in great condition. Had a bent area on the edge, but hey, boxes can't always be that much in mint condition! XD

The bags...yup...24 bags...we're they all different? Yes they were, but some were in terrible condition. One was the Applejack Metallic pony, where there was a noticeable line on the face and the ear was in very bad condition. The other was Applejack Glitter, which had glitter clumps on her pigtails. I tried fixing it with my nail filing technique, but ended up damaging other areas. The last: Twilight Velvet. Poor Twilight's mom had a clump of glitter on one of her hooves. I was able to get it out and smooth it. I may just buy another one of that when it hits the Wal-Mart stores or come across a Toy's R Us when I'm out of town. So in total: 2 were in unexceptable condition and 1 had a flaw.

The cards? Well as usual...the cards were bent of course XD. So I had to sort them and put them under my heavy keepsake box to flatten them.

So...is it worth buying the Blind Bag cases? Let's go to the Pros:

PROS:
-No need to run to different stores to pick out your Blind Bags(unless the employees are that loyal to you to give you a sealed one to look at XD)
-No need to worry about the box condition. (Stores tend to rip parts of it to make room or just annoyed by the cover)
-Great chance of getting all your ponies in one order.

CONS:
-Shipping can be expensive. May end up being cheaper just to go to your store and buy them.
-Not all blind bag ponies will come in great condition. Benefit of going to store:you can return them:P
-Hasbro states that there is a chance that you will NOT get 24 different ponies.
-Hasbro Toy Store CON ONLY!: They cannot guarantee which wave you will receive.
-Some online stores can't guarantee a return on blind bags.

Exclusive! Euro/US Blind Bag Differences!
Hey! Are you planning to buy the Euro version rather than US on ebay? Take notes! Very important!

Blind Bag Pony Differences:
The serial numbers on the bottom of their hoof is different! I only got 4 euro colts to tell. Here are examples:

Royal Riff: Euro is 20411 and #35581 (US is 21231 with no number)
Chance-A-Lot: Euro is 20441 and #35581 (US is 21081 with no number)
Twilight Sky: Euro is 13391 and #35581 (US is 21081 with no number)
Mosely Orange: Euro is 20411 and #35581 (US is 21081 with no number)
Please note this is based on my person buys! If you have any other notes, please post in this topic!

Card Differences:
The cards are totally different from the Euro Version and the US Version. This is basically the reason: The Euro Version has international languages on the cards, while the US Version only has the english quote (with a bigger picture. The Euro has a smaller picture to fit all the texts.)

Hope you enjoyed reading! Hope this will help you make better choices and notice which is which when buying!^_^
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:47:54 PM by hathorcat »
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: *REVIEW*My Little Pony FIM Blind Bags Blue Series Case(from BBTS)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:06:30 PM »
Thats interesting. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
Re: *REVIEW*My Little Pony FIM Blind Bags Blue Series Case(from BBTS)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »
I purchased a case of the sparkly/mettalic bb set from BBTS recently and I was really happy with it. Even with shipping the price per pony was just under $2.5, which is not bad at all--much cheaper than if you were to buy a complete set at TRU and not all that much more expensive than if you bought them at Walmart, especially since buying online meant I didn't have to pay tax. No pony was missing, but even if it were it would be easier to track down one pony than trying to find them ALL individually (I've never had luck trying to track down a brand new box anywhere). If the BBTS keeps its prices down like this I will definitely continue to purchase the bb sets from them.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal