collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Lion King fanatics here?  (Read 22808 times)

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any Lion King fanatics here?
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2012, 06:34:34 AM »
I had a HUGE collection when I was younger. I started collecting just prior to when the movie came out (I was 12 at the time) and amassed a huge amount of stuff from allowances, birthdays, christmas, etc. I had a ton of figures and plastic toys. When I was 16, I still kept my collection, but most of it was stored safely in the attic. My niece (who was about 8 at the time) decided to take them from the attic and play with them in the neighbor's tub. Some were even MIP. ;__; I was so angry, I couldn't even retrieve them all. I don't know what happened to all of my posters. When I was 12 and 13, every inch of my wall was covered in TLK posters. Aside from the original Mattel plushies (and a few Disney store), and a few random things here and there that I've collected from the last two dvd releases, I just haven't had the heart to buy everything again. I still do have my card collection though! (1st and 2nd releases and the AMC movie cards) I've been considering buying some of the rarer cards that I missed from those.

Though whenever I see something new with Lion King on it, you can bet I buy it! :D I was happy to see that the new toys were at TRU too, I only thought they were at Walmart. So now I can get the few I missed. :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Green_Dragon

• Cat Lover
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Clever Girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2012, 07:09:01 AM »
I have been collecting TLK for years, I love it, It's like my top favourite movie.. I have some pictures of my collection c: (They're from a few years ago, I don't live there anymore.) I have a bunch of books and games that I didn't have on display for the photos, too.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
hyenacub - Heh, I know the feeling. Every week we seem to find something that's fallen behind a shelf or something :P
And ooh, hyena plushie! I don't see many of those, more is the pity. Less bears and random domestic animals - More unique/wild animals in plushie form!

Koudoawaia - Ooh, how awesome!

babyblueducky - Oh no! That sounds terrible! We recently had to do a clear out too, it's so hard to part with items you love :(

tehrin - Oh man, that sounds terrible too! I'm a little OCD on certain MIP items, to be honest. I don't like removing them from their pack, I prefer them in! It's awesome that you're starting up again though. Keep at it!

Green_Dragon - Awesome collection! Argh, so many of those Simba items I want :lovey:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Green Dragon...I see loads of things I have...and loads I want! LOL  Is that a Pride Rock music box?  My friend found a LK jewelry box--there's a lenticular hologram on the top.  Totally girly but I still want it.  LOL

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
Wow that is a truly impressive collection, Green Dragon.

Got to add a little addition to my collection tonight. The little TLK plushies at Walmart were /finally/ knocked down to $5 so I got me the Kovu one I've been wanting so bad for weeks. :D Thought a different backdrop would be nice so used my doublesided TLK/SP coloring book:

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:33 PM »
Is it just me who thinks all the new stuffed animals are kind of ugly? What's with the embroidered eyes on everything?
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
The embroidered eyes are all right, but I like the plastic ones much better.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2012, 11:14:19 AM »
*shrug* Well I think he's cute and the plastic eyes made the plushies a little less huggable in my opinion.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline stopxmotion

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
Well, it might just be me. I have passed on all the stuff at Walmart.. and saying no to a LK item is unheard of for me! The figures also look very cheap, like they are lacking detail or something..

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
Regarding plastic eyes, I believe it has something to do with a choking hazard. Like everything else nowadays...

I think the Walmart plushies look adorable, but then again, when this is what your country gets: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Toys/Soft-Toys/24-Large-Simba-Soft-Toy%280089805%29
...The grass is always greener, I suppose :P

But argh, I so badly want that Kovu. Sadly, it looks like the UK are going to skip them entirely :(

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »
Ugh, choking hazard.  BOOOOO!  I kid (sort of...I'm still mad about the eyes, but understand that people don't want their kids to choke on anything)  Green_Dragon, I am in awe of your collection!  OMG that plate is amazing...I keep seeing them on eBay, and I really want to get one for my mom for Mother's Day. 
Hey, I keep remembering this, but I don't know if anyone else had these items when they were growing up.  First, there was a white t-shirt with 9 squares on the front, each square having a different picture of young Simba.  I've been searching high and low for it, but can't find it anywhere!  And also, did anyone have a nightgown with a picture of young Simba on it?  Specifically, he was sleeping on a tree branch.  I don't remember much else about it, except it may have been white (with blue sleeves?). 

Anyway, OMG look who came in the mail today!  He still works perfectly, though his leaf looks like it may have faded a bit :(  I'm going to have to turn his sound off at night (if that's possible).  He's very sensitive, and every time I hold him, he says "We'll always be together!".  LOL, the one I had as a child either must have been less sensitive, or I never cuddled him much, poor guy. 

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
That nightgown seems familiar... Sadly a lot of my TLK clothing was lost though :(

And aw, he's so cute! I love the old Mattel plushies.

Just a random question, does anyone else have an embroidered baby Simba plushie? Like this one? http://www.disneystore.com/plush-toys-disneys-babies-simba-plush-doll-and-personalized-blanket/mp/1254435/1000267/
I'm curious to see what other people have personalized!

Offline stopxmotion

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
That talking Simba was one of my favorites. I remember having fun finding all the "hidden" buttons to make him say stuff.

appleponygal

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
Yeah,  I totally loved the Lion King when It came out. I still got some stuff from it.  I wouldn't' say I collect it more Disney in general but I totally loved that movie. I actually found the graphic novel the other day when I was going through my stuff! :)

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
Is it just me who thinks all the new stuffed animals are kind of ugly? What's with the embroidered eyes on everything?

I like them much better than the plushies during the last dvd release (2002? 2003?). They're much nicer quality and almost on par with the original Mattel ones. It's probably a little more cost-effective to have them embroidered, but I did love the plastic eyes! Aggh! I need to rescue my original plushie collection!

BTW, anyone have any tips for cleaning the original purring Simba? I rescued mine (along with my little MO Mufasa plushie), but they're both pretty dirty. Some of it from smoke/tar build up. My mom was once a chain smoker and everything I had in that house turned yellow and brown.  I was thinking rubbing some oxy clean in. I remember when I was younger, I washed my purring Nala and she got all icky from water getting in her mechanism. ;_;
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:59:40 PM by tehrin »

(also click for my sales here. :3)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal