collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65982 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »
Does anyone else really not like that the Pokemon you're battling have the ability to call in an ally whenever and, seemingly, an endless amount of times? It's literally my least favorite thing about the game right now. It's just super annoying.

Yes. I complained about it earlier in this topic, in fact.

It makes it so much harder to catch Pokemon and train, too. Combine that with the fact that Pokemon seem to break out of Pokeballs easier in this game. =/ Catching Pokemon is very annoying in this game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »
Ah, good news. It seems like that glitch only affects hackers, so the rest of us should be good. ^^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »
Does anyone else really not like that the Pokemon you're battling have the ability to call in an ally whenever and, seemingly, an endless amount of times? It's literally my least favorite thing about the game right now. It's just super annoying.

I hate it too! I just got to the area where I can catch Ditto. I was trying to catch a couple of them. I had Snorlax as my lead Pokemon because he has the attack Hold Back. Between Ditto transforming into Snorlax and calling for help, my Snorlax took a real beating. I had two Dittolax body slamming my Snorlax at the same time. That's just plain unfair!

sailorstitch

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2016, 04:54:08 AM »
Yeah, I've also noticed that catching Pokémon seems harder. Timer Balls are a must have in this game for sure. Quick Balls on the other hand? Useless.

Last night I was actually thankful for an ally Pokémon because it turned out to be a Goomy. A Gumshoos called it in, so I knocked the Gumshoos out, caught the Goomy, and named it Goomshoos. Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra are my favorites from Gen 6, so I was excited! :frolic:

Gonna spoiler this just because I know some of you haven't played/gotten this far yet.

Spoiler
I got 10% of the Zygarde cells and went to the building that Sina and Dexio are in to create myself a Zygarde 10% form! I named it Doggo. :lol: First legendary registered in my dex for this game, woooo!
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2016, 07:04:32 AM »

YES OMG I now hate spearow because of it!  >_<  I battled like 7 spearow in one battle earlier!

I am wondering though if this new feature "chains" Pokémon. Because if it does, you could just continuously knock a wild pokemons HP down and let it call for help as many tines as possible over and over in hopes a shiny appears at a higher rate. I want to test it out now since im a patient shiny hunter maniac!  :P 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:11:19 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »
Oh I didn't think of that!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2016, 08:32:31 AM »
That's a good theory. Calling for help might definitely help in hunting for shiny Pokemon.

I FINALLY got a Crabrawler from underneath a pile of berries. Welcome to the team, Franky! :biggrin:

Perks of working at a library on a college campus: There aren't really any students around since it's the day before Thanksgiving, and I actually had today off for the start of break, but my boss told me I could come in and get some "overtime" hours (overtime is nearly impossible to get at my job). Since no one is here aside from a few of us tutors, I can sit at my desk and play Pokemon for the next few hours!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2016, 10:11:21 AM »
That's a good theory. Calling for help might definitely help in hunting for shiny Pokemon.

I FINALLY got a Crabrawler from underneath a pile of berries. Welcome to the team, Franky! :biggrin:

Perks of working at a library on a college campus: There aren't really any students around since it's the day before Thanksgiving, and I actually had today off for the start of break, but my boss told me I could come in and get some "overtime" hours (overtime is nearly impossible to get at my job). Since no one is here aside from a few of us tutors, I can sit at my desk and play Pokemon for the next few hours!

Lucky!  I can play on my break but I'm torn between playing this weekend and trying to get my Nanowrimo numbers caught up.  I really want to do both but I can't do them at the same time.  I need a clone...

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »

YES OMG I now hate spearow because of it!  >_<  I battled like 7 spearow in one battle earlier!

I am wondering though if this new feature "chains" Pokémon. Because if it does, you could just continuously knock a wild pokemons HP down and let it call for help as many tines as possible over and over in hopes a shiny appears at a higher rate. I want to test it out now since im a patient shiny hunter maniac!  :P

Yup. This is the new chaining method. Seems most people get a shiny somewhere between 75-150. @_@ I don't know how they keep it up that long. My chains tend to break at 30. Makes me realize that none of my Pokemon know defensive moves.

Bring lots of ethers and leppa berries for this method. It takes quite a while. I went back to egg hatching because I felt this way took too much of my attention to do lol.

I'm up to 4 boxes of Rockruff, nothing yet. If I could do 2500 Fennekins in X...this is just the beginning. At least you get eggs WAY faster in this one since you can just send eggs to the box.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »
Question.....

I haven't started my game yet for.....just plain weird reasons. :/   I MIGHT start it over my four day weekend, if I can convince myself to.

Is it true super training was taken out, and we have to EV train the old way by battling wild Pokemon? If so, that's a major disappointment for me. Like, hugely major. That really helped me out in X/Y and ORAS.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2016, 10:34:58 PM »
I know that there's Hyper Training now....But see, your trainer doesn't get a normal sort of gear in these games. Your map is in Rotom-Dex, trading and battle is through the Festival Plaza... so there's no PokeGear, PokeNav, Poketch, C-Gear, or PSS. The trainer's little tech-device this time is the Ride Pager, which is SUPER fun and replaces not all HMs, but a lot of Key Items too, like the Itemfinder, Bike, that sort of thing.

According to Serebii, Hyper Training replaces Super Training. Hyper Training, you exchange bottlecaps with a guy in the Hau'oli mall to increase IVs.... in short, breed-grinding and cheat-hacking to get the best IVs for your pokemon are things of the past. If you're willing to spend the time and search for the bottlecaps, you can pick the IVs you want improved. I don't know if there's anything for trackable EV training.... but Super Training was part of the PSS, which was the Gen VI special device.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2016, 07:39:14 AM »
I was on Gamefaq and someone reported that saving inside a poke center can sometimes cause your sprite to become invisible and leaves you unable to access the menu or anything else. It doesn't seem to be a very common glitch, as only a few people have encountered it, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.
What, what, what?! I always save inside Pokemon Centers! Gotta watch out for this. O_o

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »
The idea of Hyper Training is cool, but I REALLY relied on Super Training for my EV training. I was big into EV training. I am not really sure if it helped. My Pokemon always get their butt kicked. But I still tried. The old fashioned way is just tedious. I am not sure how I feel about this.....

My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2016, 09:23:07 AM »
I was on Gamefaq and someone reported that saving inside a poke center can sometimes cause your sprite to become invisible and leaves you unable to access the menu or anything else. It doesn't seem to be a very common glitch, as only a few people have encountered it, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.
What, what, what?! I always save inside Pokemon Centers! Gotta watch out for this. O_o
Unless you use hacking tools for your Pokemon game, you will be fine. People found out that issue only happened to people who used programs like PokeHex (or something like that).  :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #374 on: November 24, 2016, 09:37:31 AM »
Unless you use hacking tools for your Pokemon game, you will be fine. People found out that issue only happened to people who used programs like PokeHex (or something like that).  :)
Oh okay. Thank goodness!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal