collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 pony toy designs  (Read 29902 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New G4 pony toy designs
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2019, 06:58:45 AM »
Yeah these def look.like they'd fall over a lot.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2019, 07:06:52 AM »
Just a reminder to be kind and stick to the original thread premise! - Loa
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:51:53 AM by Loa »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2019, 08:30:38 AM »
Then there is her husband, who had an entire episode in Powerpuff Girls dedicated to anti-feminist messages and villainizing women who use the Venus symbol... I actually remember anti-Faust fans making her responsible for this episode and harassing her for it until she apologized in her husband's name.

Sorry to nitpick, but Lauren Faust actually did write/storyboard that PPG ep ("Equal Fights").

So is this why she apologized for him as well? Because it was his show and he let her do it? :lol:
Well, at least it explains why some people have had kneejerk reactions to her when she was announced to reboot MLP. Puts it a little more in perspective for me.

But if that is the case and she was 100% responsible for that episode, how come she is made responsible for stuff like Over A Barrel for okaying it as a showrunner when her husband (PPG showrunner) wasn't made responsible for okaying the Susan B. Anthony ep on Power Puff Girls? Craig has a Twitter and he could have gotten more smoke than her back  then but somehow she was singled out immediatly because FiM was about to come out. That was about the time there was an odd vitriol directed at her, blaming her for all kinds of stuff and then a sort of counter movement ensued celebrating her as creator of PPG (when she wasn't) and worshipping all her decisions.

Girl cartoons needed a revamp back when she was helming FiM. Not that she was the first one to do it, that honor I will gladly give to other women like Christy Marx.
Calling Faust a womanhater (that's what misogynist means) and saying she is virtually "throwing girls under the bus" is just as extreme as glorifying everything she did.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2019, 08:49:19 AM »
I know a lot of people are relieved these things aren't G5.  However, this makes me worried G5 will be worse.  There has been a trend to eliminate equine elements to the design of the ponies starting with G3.5.  Making the snouts small, the eyes more forward.  With these things, the only thing equine about them is they have non-split hooves.  The heads aren't equine and even the shape of the legs isn't equine.

And this is a problem.  It's not that they're not making the toys realistically horse-like.  It's that they're so stylized they can't be recognized as horses anymore.  Why make a brand called My Little PONY if you don't want to make PONIES?

And the Faust thing should probably be moved to its own thread.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2019, 08:50:30 AM »
I know a lot of people are relieved these things aren't G5.  However, this makes me worried G5 will be worse.  There has been a trend to eliminate equine elements to the design of the ponies starting with G3.5.  Making the snouts small, the eyes more forward.  With these things, the only thing equine about them is they have non-split hooves.  The heads aren't equine and even the shape of the legs isn't equine.

And this is a problem.  It's not that they're not making the toys realistically horse-like.  It's that they're so stylized they can't be recognized as horses anymore.  Why make a brand called My Little PONY if you don't want to make PONIES?

Because Hasbro sucks.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2019, 08:55:06 AM »
Zapper - I wasn't involved with the Faust conversation to begin with and frankly I don't care what people thought about that PPG ep, I'd rather just go back to talking about these MLP toys.

That said! Potion Nova really is a terrible name. It just feels like they went "okay, what to name her.. uhhhh... she has a potion on her butt, so.. Potion.... *throws a dart at a list of words* ...Nova... Potion Nova.. yeah... that'll do...".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2019, 09:03:38 AM »

Because Hasbro sucks.
Sadly, that is the case.  And it's not just MLP.  Their board games department is wrecking the classics by trying to keep them hip with the new trends.  Their Disney lines are not as high quality as they were when Mattel made them.

And MLP naming has gotten terrible.  There use to be thought put into these, but now it does feel like they're throwing darts at a board to combine two words.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:44 AM »

Because Hasbro sucks.
Sadly, that is the case.  And it's not just MLP.  Their board games department is wrecking the classics by trying to keep them hip with the new trends.  Their Disney lines are not as high quality as they were when Mattel made them.

And MLP naming has gotten terrible.  There use to be thought put into these, but now it does feel like they're throwing darts at a board to combine two words.

The naming has always been spotty.

Least this way I'll save money. And be able to pursue the rest of the G1s/G2s/G3s on my wishlist.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:13:32 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2019, 09:56:00 AM »

Because Hasbro sucks.

Actually towards the end the Mattel Disney dolls were just as bad if not worse as some of the Disney stuff Hasbro is putting out. At least Hasbro has the Comfy Princess line and the Style Series dolls.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »
Zapper - I already apologized for upsetting you and misunderstanding her quote, I still believe you have misunderstood me. But I am willing to admit my choice of words could be better. Can we get back on topic?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:28:15 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »

That said! Potion Nova really is a terrible name. It just feels like they went "okay, what to name her.. uhhhh... she has a potion on her butt, so.. Potion.... *throws a dart at a list of words* ...Nova... Potion Nova.. yeah... that'll do...".

I think this must be how Hasbro comes up with most of their pony names.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2019, 12:05:42 PM »

I think this must be how Hasbro comes up with most of their pony names.

Ponyfan

Me too. But add a stiff whiskey to the mix. XD

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »
I have a confession: Looking at the new images of them, I.. think they’re cute. Not the earth pony molds though.

Honestly these ponies are pretty much the same as any girls’ animal toy on shelves right now. Giant heads and big eyes are the norm.

Offline Wonderfalls

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
Wait... so are these G5 or not?

And does anyone know if these are hard plastic instead of vinyl. I personally would love to see more hard plastic horses in general.

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »
Wait... so are these G5 or not?
They’re not.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal