collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids films that give you nightmares  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Kids films that give you nightmares
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 07:05:53 AM »
*shudders* The Adventure of Little Nemo. And The Neverending Story. I would cry and freak out at those movies. Nightmares for days!

Post Merge: May 30, 2014, 11:31:35 PM

And has anyone seen Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland? There's one part where ominous dark smoke is seeping under a doorway. You can't even seen the villain, it's just the smoke under the doorway. I would have to leave the room because that scene terrified me. As I recall, I was fine with the actual villain :P

This one, this one! This is what I'm talking about! I was crying so hard after a nightmare from this movie!
This movie was terrifying as a kid!!!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »
The dark crystal inspired so creepy dreams....

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »
Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I spent my whole childhood traumatised by that film because of the scene where she let's the cat out and their are soldiers pointing guns at her or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
I loved reading watership down as a kid. Also loved redwall.

What scared me was the labyrinth! With David Bowie!  He gave me nightmares ><

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
I loved the movie "Dot and the Kangaroo" and "Dot and the Bunny" But, the Bunyip scene   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYO-Mog60  scared me for days when I saw it the first movie and for some reason we get to see a real, live kangaroo give birth to a tiny baby that crawls up, into her pouch and finds a nipple before the scene goes to a cartoon again in the second movie. Not scary but it certainly disturbed me a bit.
Oh, yeah! I also loved "The Last Unicorn" but was terrified of the Red Bull and also "The Hobbit" but the Goblins and Gollem were also scary.
I'm pretty sure I would have terrified myself and watched them all the time as a kid but I'll bet my mom kept them hidden so I could only watch 1 to 2 times a year!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:48:29 AM by cuddlebuggy »

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »
The dark crystal inspired so creepy dreams....
For me too... everything about it was creepy.  But I couldn't stop watching!

The Rescuers scared me so badly.  That poor little girl and how she begged.  It was terrible.  I still have a hard time watching it.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2014, 10:49:16 AM »
As a kid, I loved Winnie the Pooh.  Like I was seriously obsessed with it.  But for some reason, I had multiple nightmares centered around it.  It wasn't like I was afraid of the films or anything, I think it was just so present in my every day life since I liked it so much that it would just show up *shrug*. 

Stuff with zombies has always freaked me out (less so now, which is a good thing given the fact that I watch The Walking Dead!).  When I was little, I had a VHS of Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, and I loved it, but it scared the ever living daylights out of me.  I would watch it all hidden under a blanket with a bunch of stuffed animals.  I remember there is a scene where one of the girls, I think Daphne, says "You can feel the chill in the air!"  and I knew that was when stuff was about to get scary!  I think part of the reason it freaked me out was because it was actual zombies in the movie, not some dude in a mask causing trouble.

On a similar note, there was an episode of Power Puff Girls where there was Harry Houdini's zombie or something and that absolutely terrified me.  It was the worst of all!  I actually stopped watching the show altogether after I saw it, and I can't say I've seen an episode since!  :lol:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »
Disney's Atlantis...the scene where the bad guy is cut and turns blue and everything, agh, it terrified me SO MUCH.

That, and, it's not really a kids movie, but I was taken on a trip with my Summer camp to see Osmosis Jones, and I was terrified for weeks that I would get the disease the guy had in the movie because the bad guy specifically mentioned he killed a "little girl who didn't wash her hands".

(Not a kid's movie AT ALL , but, I was 17 years old when I watched Paranormal Activity, and I STILL got so terrified by that at 17 that I had to drag my mattress into my mom's room and sleep in there. xD)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2014, 04:42:16 PM »
Glad other people share my terrors about Watership Down, and the Labyrinth too! I recently re-watched The Labyrinth and thought it was really quite sick. David Bowie's character tries to use drugs to trap her - not cool. When I was that age I thought it would be cool to be trapped by David Bowie... raging teenage hormones I thought he was extremely handsome lol.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
I watched Labyrinth when I was little and maaaaan I was terrified the goblins moving the tiles on the ground. *shudder* I don't know why THAT is the part that terrified me but it did.

Another movie was that movie Little Monsters... I think thats what it was called. The blue monster that lives under the bed and makes friends with the kid who starts to become a monster the longer he stays under the bed? Yeah it scared the poop out of me.... STILL scared the poop out of me.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »
E.T.

The scene where he was sick and turning white gave me nightmares for weeks.
^^^^^
I simply think of this and get vomit taste in my throat. :X

Gremlins. They're just plain scary....

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
I don't even want to look up what the horrible things in Return to Oz were that had the wheels for hands. They were terrifying!

I think this was a Canadian movie but The Peanut Butter Solution was incredibly frightening. I don't remember what made it so scary, but I do remember the way I felt while watching it. It was possibly just more creepy than scary but it's one that has stuck with me for a long time.

I also remember The Jabberwocky scaring me to death. Not sure if it was actually made for kids or not, but I was older an it gave me nightmares!

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
I watched Labyrinth when I was little and maaaaan I was terrified the goblins moving the tiles on the ground. *shudder* I don't know why THAT is the part that terrified me but it did.

Another movie was that movie Little Monsters... I think thats what it was called. The blue monster that lives under the bed and makes friends with the kid who starts to become a monster the longer he stays under the bed? Yeah it scared the poop out of me.... STILL scared the poop out of me.

OMG!!!! Little Monsters really freaked me out when I was kid too......even the character that was the good one really freaked me out and it really still does just thinking about it....uggghhhh......other than that I remember being really freaked out by an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?.....it was about vampires in a hospital..that is all I can remember. And when I was really little I remember being scared of the red headed bully from A Christmas Story.... :lol:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2014, 07:47:30 PM »
I am a weirdo, I loved horror stuff as a kid, and still do.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
I'll just leave this here

Yep.  That's the other one that gave me nightmares... well, this part anyway-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal