collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 new Princesses?!?!  (Read 9888 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: 2 new Princesses?!?!
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2014, 08:43:57 AM »
I'm kind of torn- I really, really want to show support for new brushable characters, and I don't mind the odd color designs (I actually find the yellow pretty distinctive), but I also swore I would never buy another set that contained a Mane 6 duplicate, since I can't justify getting overcharged for one toy just because another I already have multiples of is forced into the set. I understand the goal of the two packs is to be able to charge more for them, but it can't cost them that much more to just recolor one of the basic pony molds into something new- at this point, it seems almost vindictive on Hasbro's part to force people into buying the same characters over and over just to get at the new ones. 

It may also be a moot point, since I'm not sure if there are any Kmarts around here anymore.  :think:

I don't think it's always about the price issue them wanting to make more, that's for sure part of it, but also I think they think that they can't sell random new ponies without a familiar face aka all the blind bag mini sets.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »
I like them enough to buy them! I think their names are pretty and I like their colors!

I hope hasbro continues to make new characters regardless of them being in the show or not.

My only beef with these are the rehash of the mane 6 characters. I might bundle all my doubles and send them to hasbros hq as a gift rotfl.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2014, 09:40:20 AM »
Be still my heart!! THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!! Is.. is there a kind soul who'll help me get them? They're only doing store pick-ups, and there are no stores available within 50 miles of me to do this!!! They don't have it within 50 miles and will not ship?!?! I need these ponies!  :cry: It's only available on the Kmart site too...Is there anyone who can get them?? I'll pay for them, I just need these princesses!!!

Me too. No kmarts here. I hope they aren't a kmart exclusive?

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2014, 10:16:29 AM »
I even tried my local KM's zip code and it didn't work.  When I chose "ship to my house"  it said they are unavailable.

In typical Kmart style, they put stuff up on their site that isn't legit - or at least not yet.

btw Two weeks ago they had new Transformers out early and when I went to pay, they said I couldn't buy them. :( 

A LONG time ago they had the G4 Bridesmaids ponies up early, and when people ordered they got something else pony.  So sad, but Kmart's online store has a terrible reputation.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
I highly doubt that they are exclusives. Sometimes Kmart's website shows stuff early, like the blind bag set with Animation Error Pony and Thunderlane.

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2014, 10:41:28 AM »
I absolutely love them. All pony princesses are welcome in my collection! ♥

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »
New Ponies, New Ponies, New Ponies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is what my 4 year old is chanting in our house right now. LOL I guess we will be getting these to add to her collection. She is so excited, I haven't seen her this excited about a pony in quite a while.

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2014, 11:43:24 AM »
Kmart does this all the time. I think someone in their office must not pay attention to street dates or something. I've seen it countless times with MLP and quite a few times with MH. I think these WILL be legit toys. Maybe later this summer.

Star Spark

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2014, 11:57:04 AM »
I don't think it's always about the price issue them wanting to make more, that's for sure part of it, but also I think they think that they can't sell random new ponies without a familiar face aka all the blind bag mini sets.

I'm sure that this is the reasoning behind the "Core Character" concept, but My Little Pony handles it very differently from most other toylines (including other Hasbro lines.) Generally, it's sufficient to include familiar characters in each wave without packaging them into everything- hence, while Transformers and Joe fans might complain at the inundation of Bumblebees and Snake Eyes', they're usually not packaged in with the more desired characters. Coupled with the fact that G4 is based much more around multi-pony packs than previous generations, it's impossible for anyone- adult or child alike- to not end up with an army of unnecessary extras, making their constant inclusion in each set questionable as a selling point even with the primary demographic.

jemboi

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2014, 12:04:58 PM »
I love getting non-mane 6 releases and it's even better that they're alicorns. That spices things up. I hope to see more stuff like this in the future... Maybe without a mane pony.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
haha I remember when FiM first started and how startled I was to see an official alicorn My Little Pony. Celestia just blew my mind! Now a few years later and we have THREE alicorns, plus a unicorn who became an alicorn, plus now two more random ones with no explanation at all! Times have changed...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »
ya know I bet the simplified cutie marks are a cost saving maneuver.   I wouldn't mind monochrome cutie marks if it meant we got lots of non-mane 6 ponies. 

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2014, 01:16:47 PM »
Kmart's website is weeeeeird. They posted the Rainbow Rocks Rarity Doll + Pony set long before anyone else did, only to realize they didn't actually have it in stock, and (last I checked) they still didn't have it all this time later.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »
Wow, I can't believe they're releasing new brushable characters!  FINALLY.

I am a big fan of the show, but at this point I don't care if they tie in to the show at all or not.  I just want more brushable characters. 

I like the yellow one a lot.  The purple one's color scheme looks so much like (toy) Cadence's to me that it's hard for me to get excited about her.  Also, what is it with Hasbro and the cheap, color-mismatched wings?  Did they figure that the head-body-mismatch that plagues G4 wasn't enough mismatch for one toy?  Geez.  I wish they had gradient wings like (toy) Celestia.  Oh well.  I will definitely be getting them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:20:16 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
Kmart's website is weeeeeird. They posted the Rainbow Rocks Rarity Doll + Pony set long before anyone else did, only to realize they didn't actually have it in stock, and (last I checked) they still didn't have it all this time later.

Ya...Kmart is an instant no go in any situation, especially when it comes to toys :/

You order something off from their website, they send you something COMPLETELY different  -_-
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal