collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whatcha Got Cookin?  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Whatcha Got Cookin?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2024, 03:36:52 AM »
I made a baguette for breakfast with creme cheese, brie, smoked tenderloin, baby spinach and tomatoes.. I was hungry, lol.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2024, 02:10:42 PM »
I'm making a pizza for dinner. Like, from almost-scratch. I bought dough and all the toppings, some pre sliced/chopped to make it easier on myself. I got whole milk mozzarella to put on it so it will be nice and melty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2024, 08:24:46 AM »
I baked more bread!!! Garlic & Herb bread again as I love it!!! Had a fun idea to, once kneaded into submission, I'd portion it & shove it in the tins (greasing as I shoved it in), then the tins went in big boxes where they waited for the dough to rise, then would go straight into the air fryer. RESULT!!! So light & fluffy it was almost like eating air!!!
I also made broccoli cheese soup after baking the bread, with one portion going with half my bread!!!

:dribble:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2024, 10:24:39 AM »
I got cheese & olives in the Wednesday doggy bag, today I managed to find RTC mushrooms (Reduced To Clear), & I have everything else here, so today I'm making pizza!!! Topping: half the olives, a third of the mushrooms, & a third of a wee tin of sweetcorn, drained. All heated for five minutes. Oh I just heard a ding!!! Time to assemble my pizza!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2024, 08:35:08 AM »
Today I'm doing ham, carrots, croissants,  deviled eggs, and a small pot of mashed potatoes for daughter dearest.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2024, 01:05:49 PM »
I had two friends over for a combined game and cooking night (well, it was an all-day thing actually), we had planned for Asian cuisines but in the end it turned into a Korean dinner with tteokbokki, dumplings, rice and some side dishes. We had plenty of leftovers for everyone, too. No need to cook tomorrow. :D 

deviantART | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2024, 01:35:26 AM »
I made the second batch of pizza on Saturday night
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2024, 08:51:26 AM »
I have a craving for chicken quesadillas. I don't know if I can afford everything though. I only get a small package of chicken breast tenders but it's still like 8 bucks. Then I get chucky salsa, spanish rice, black beans, cheese and grande tortillas. When they're done I put sour cream on top and lettuce if I have any. So good!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2024, 01:09:20 PM »
I have a craving for chicken quesadillas. I don't know if I can afford everything though. I only get a small package of chicken breast tenders but it's still like 8 bucks. Then I get chucky salsa, spanish rice, black beans, cheese and grande tortillas. When they're done I put sour cream on top and lettuce if I have any. So good!

:drool:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2024, 03:05:36 AM »
I've been really excited about plant-based cooking recently. I've been following some great Youtube channels and I've tried so many new recipes and learned new techniques! Now that I also have some more time in my hands (and less money), I've been trying to get back into meal planning, making stuff from scratch, making sure I go through my fridge and pantry items regularly and use up anything that's getting old. This week's menu includes, for example, lasagna, risotto and probably some quick veggie stir fry using frozen veg.

I made the lasagna on Sunday and have plenty of leftovers for quick meals over the week, I already froze some too. The package of dried lasagna sheets had been open since May 2023! XD At some point we made lasagna often, but looks like we haven't been in the mood lately... I wanted to make my aubergine+goat's cheese lasagna that I haven't made in ages, so this one was not plant-based. Lasagna is a bit heavy for summer but now that the weather has been a bit cooler, and eggplants are in season, it was a good time to make this. (To be honest it didn't turn out perfectly, I think the eggplants weren't fully ripe.... oh well.)

I have a bit of arborio rice that has also been open since forever, I'm thinking a simple risotto using frozen peas (I need to defrost the freezer so I'm also trying to use up any frozen veggies I have). Planning to use a vegan recipe from CucinaBotanica for this one.

The stir fry probably won't be authentic anything. :D I have a package of fava bean "tofu" that I could use for the protein... 

deviantART | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2024, 01:56:05 PM »
Got more bread & tomato soup on the go right now. Just checking on things in between stirs of the soup. Bread soon to go in the oven... Need more mixed herbs, AGAIN

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2024, 08:52:03 AM »
That all sounds so good, Griffin! I still eat mainly non-meat stuff, especially since it's so expensive.

PBW, tomato soup is what I'm having! I have enough bread for a grilled cheese to go with it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2024, 06:21:19 AM »
Sounds so yummy!!!
Anyway, Wednesday night there was a meeting, the kind with a lot of food available, & I made pizza to contribute. I just kept it simple: two cheese & tomato sauce, but in my style (herbs in the dough, herbs, seasoning, garlic, & onion in the tomato sauce (I cheat with garlic granules & dried onion)). The two cheeses were two pregrated packs: red Leicester & mozzarella. Part of the pizza ended up squished due to my carrying it in old shop pizza boxes, but the rest was served & loved, & everybody took some home afterwards to enjoy too (I got the squished lot of course).
One slight other niggle: I FORGOT to grease both sides of one of my batches of dough, so I had to literally scrape it off the stone!!! The other batch, which I baked on the big round tray, I remembered to grease & it came off perfectly with no scraping!!! GREASE YOUR PIZZA DOUGH!!!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • Cara Gallery
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2024, 08:07:21 AM »
Nothing at the moment but I made tacos on Saturday night and they were awesome^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2024, 07:57:54 PM »
Made a delicious patty melt

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal