collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)  (Read 14284 times)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »
she's amazing! and the Gundams in the bg give me a better idea of size ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

SoaringSentinel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 07:21:37 AM »
she's amazing! and the Gundams in the bg give me a better idea of size ;)

Thank you, do note that those gundams are Master grade 1/100 scale not the more common 1/144. (so adjust your size expectations acordingly :P)

I just received word that the replacement parts for the neck and the angry Luna head have been shipped and they should be arriving tomorrow. now i just need 1 more re-print and i'll be ready for casting. expect new pictures tomorrow :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 09:53:28 AM »
Wow, she is really stunning! Your skill is amazing, I love the way she looks and would love one of her even with her flaws!

Hasbro is actually letting Shapeways put up various 3D printed models from various artists. Not sure how much (if any) revenue it is generating for the artists, but I know that it is totally legit. I hope you can get your design up there at some point, she is by far the coolest 3d printed pony I've ever seen!

Maybe you could go with a strung (like a BJD) design for stability?

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
I am well aware of Shapeways super fan art feature with hasbro. However this luna is not fit for that program. since you would be no be able to order a painted version of her. Their full color sandstone would be far too weak to support her and if you managed to get the figure assembled, moving the joints around just a few times would completely grind them smooth and leave the figure with ragdoll joints and unable to stand.

Also she requires a ton of post production once the parts have been printed. and she has parts that are not 3d printed (such as a piece of elastic in the torso to make her torso pose able. I want to be able to make a super high quality figure that i'd be proud to put on my shelf and show of to even my non brony friends. and a raw 3d printed figure from shapeways would not fit those definitions. Also considering Luna's size and number of parts. having her up on shapeways would mean her raw form in their cheapest plastic she would be over 500 euro's not including Hasbro's or my mark up costs.

I will be putting up a smaller statue version of luna once i am done with the figure.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »
I am well aware of Shapeways super fan art feature with hasbro. However this luna is not fit for that program. since you would be no be able to order a painted version of her. Their full color sandstone would be far too weak to support her and if you managed to get the figure assembled, moving the joints around just a few times would completely grind them smooth and leave the figure with ragdoll joints and unable to stand.

Also she requires a ton of post production once the parts have been printed. and she has parts that are not 3d printed (such as a piece of elastic in the torso to make her torso pose able. I want to be able to make a super high quality figure that i'd be proud to put on my shelf and show of to even my non brony friends. and a raw 3d printed figure from shapeways would not fit those definitions. Also considering Luna's size and number of parts. having her up on shapeways would mean her raw form in their cheapest plastic she would be over 500 euro's not including Hasbro's or my mark up costs.

I will be putting up a smaller statue version of luna once i am done with the figure.

Aw, what a bummer- she is so cool!  Looks like you have put a lot of thought into her, I LOVE how she is turning out. Please add me to your list if you ever figure out how to make a few of them and how much you'd like to charge ;)

And please whatever you do, keep up the amazing work!!!!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 11:18:03 AM »
expect to see info on how to acquire Luna sometime early to mid January.

I'm almost done sanding the pieces i have now to prep for casting. the replacement parts for the neck will arrive tomorrow and next week I should have the lower leg replacements. then once all of those are sanded smooth and she is completely functional how i want her to be i'm going to put up the "order" info and price and then start casting copies until the molds break. (which means that if all goes according to plan I'd have between 10 and 40 Luna's (note this will be the first time i cast anything so thing may go horribly wrong and i might end up with less than i hoped :P though I have friends to help me with this part of the project)

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
the first set of replacement parts arrived today along with luna's angry head and i re-assembled her again for a new set of a pictures :) still got quite a bit of sanding left to do as you can see. the white parts are the replacement pieces and the dark grey pieces still need to be sanded. the tail the mane and the feet have all been finished as has the neutral head.

without further a due

and just for fun don't piss of luna!

I apologize for the poor quality of the photo's. Once the figure is ready i'll get a set of professional photo's made of her so you can see her in her full glory rather than in crappy phone camera quality

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
hahah that is awesome.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »
Oh yeah!  I love that angry face!   :lol:

She's just too cool, thanks for keeping us updated!  I love seeing her progress.  She's going to be even more amazing with color.

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »
She's looking wickedly cool! You could definitely do some awesome stop-action with that figure!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 07:01:50 PM »
This is amazing! I love the joint designs, I bought one of those BJD Ponies but find it annoying to pose. I love fully articulated action figures and have always wished MLP ones would be made. I definitely want to see how this progresses. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2015, 04:31:55 AM »
This is amazing! I love the joint designs, I bought one of those BJD Ponies but find it annoying to pose. I love fully articulated action figures and have always wished MLP ones would be made. I definitely want to see how this progresses. ^.^

Thank you :)

I've seen those figures but the way their joints are set up are not accurate to the show or to that of an actual horse skeleton. and from what i can tell they don't allow for a lot of movement. not to mention the fact that those figures use the source film maker ponies as a base. (i dont like those models :( they feel off to me)

but those figures did play a role on me deciding to start this project :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:34:27 AM by SoaringSentinel »

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 04:42:59 AM »
Ok the last set of replacement parts are in and they work beautifully. that means i'm done with printing. all i need to do now is sand the remaining pieces smooth. thicken the joints so they have a bit more friction (in the photo's it was a miracle i got her to stand up on her own with how loose some of the joints are)

once she's completely smooth i'll order the mold silicon and resin and we should be good to go.
Expect to see the details and order info up at the end of this week :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 09:22:56 AM »
Looking forward to your casting results- I find resin casting so tricky :P

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 09:16:11 PM »
Looking absolutely gorgeous. I'll definitely be splashing out for one of these. :D
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal